Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ that happens to me too gf. Not fair is it?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Definitely not fair. How do these items know to jump into my trolley????? I could "maybe" accuse Mr GF of encouraging the pastries and whisky (I'm not a fan of either) ...... but the blue cheese .....I think I'll blame google!!!! I am in complete denial ...... but will be heading to the kitchen shortly to finish my dinner with cheese and crackers. I must also add that it wasn't one pack, but .....FOUR!!.......I am just a weak willed blue cheese lover.

Comment

• Me, I love blue cheese. Four packs doesn't seem excessive to me...

So, supper tonight for us: the aubergine parmigiana we didn't have the other night. And lunch: as much salady stuff as I can fit on the plate.

Comment

• Tonight salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato scallops in beer batter, carrots, broccoli and homemade tartare sauce.

The garlic prawns, with a sprinkle of crushed chilli, in the creamy sauce were a definite hit last night and will be on the menu again very soon. I made a generous amount of sauce that we managed to completely mop up with the garlic bread.....mmmmm.

Comment

• Change of plan. Instead of the baked salmon it's going to be salmon, broccoli and pea risotto with preserved lemon. As I've already put beer to chill for the batter I might just have to drink it as it might .....go off🤯🤯.....well I can't think of a better excuse at short notice.

Comment

• ^^^ te he!

mozzarella and tomato salad to start with followed by Sea bass and spiced up quinoa.

I might make banana ice cream if I can motivate myself…otherwise bananas and cream !

Comment

• Sausage casserole from the freezer so no real cooking just microwave.
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 17-07-2022, 04:09 PM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ocean pasta salad ( well, pork and prawns)
                  It was going to be followed by biftek hache ( bit like burgers) and beans , but the salad has taken on gargantuan proportions!!!!!

Comment

• Briam with mackerel and a slice of sourdough.

using my herbs, toms, courgettes and Charlottes
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Chicken something tonight....I'm seriously contemplating curry and naan (working on the theory that it gets eaten regularly in hot countries, so it should be ideal for today) followed by strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Didn't have the aubergine parmigiana again last night. I wasn't feeling too good. And today I don't fancy it. Salad and a bit of fish, I reckon.

Comment

• Nope, not salad and fish. Greek sausage and green pepper stew from the freezer with aubergine fritters. And a bottle of white. Shocking for midweek but a veritable feast.

Better be salad tonight...

Also, does anyone here cook using squash blossom? My plants are putting out loads of male flowers, but no females as there are a lot of fruit already pollinated and growing well. I'm not up for stuffing and frying - too much faff at the moment - but does anyone do anything else with and do they taste of much? I was pondering on risotto. Or quesadillas.

Comment

• This looks easy Snoop…..

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/...miento-ricotta

I like the idea they are raw.
                            I might give that a go myself as we only ever seem to have two or three flowers available at the same time so it’s not worth heating up the fat to batter them up along with other veg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              This looks easy Snoop…..

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/...miento-ricotta

I like the idea they are raw.
                              I might give that a go myself as we only ever seem to have two or three flowers available at the same time so it’s not worth heating up the fat to batter them up along with other veg.
                              That does look good. I counted the blossoms this morning. Twenty. And I have everything else required. Bit late for this morning's blossom, but will pick some tomorrow. Heck of a lot of cheese though...

Comment

• It does open the idea though of stuffing with cold pasta ,rice , potato salads etc.
                                mmmm…scrambled egg with chopped chorizo ….ratatouille…. Gosh it’s endless possibilities come to think of it!
                                I like how that recipe suggests serving on toasted bread too.

Darn…I’m clearly not in a dieting mode am I ?…ha ha ha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X