Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket potatoes with homemade coleslaw and salad.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Change of plan: we didn't go out last night so decision made to go out tonight. Haven't been to this restaurant since before the pandemic lockdown and I already know what I'm going to have. Gazpacho, sea bass or bream and fresh pineapple.

Tomorrow will be easy, as the tart case is already blind-baked and filling mostly made.

Comment

• Have already made more of the bounty bar biscuits. If anything, they're even better as far as Mr Snoop is concerned, as he likes very soft cookies rather than hard and crunchy and I caught these just at the right time for him.

Onion tart with salad for lunch. Imam bayildi with rice for supper I believe.

Comment

• Tonight will be salmon baked with lemon and capers. A bit of the cherry tomatoes, creme fraiche (or cream) and pesto sauce with it as we now seem to be addicted to it with anything and everything, roast vegetables and couscous.

Comment

• OH has made a couple of large moussakas. So , one to freeze and the other to eat some tonight…then maybe leftovers tomorrow.
            The last of our lettuce - (they have bolted this week) as a side salad

I’m just taking a break from ironing - yup , another brew!- and going to freeze down the stewed windfalls, and am going to surprise OH with a steamed apple and blackberry sponge pudding and custard for pud.
            Not made one for ages so I just hope I can find the string!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Saag aloo, with rice, Indian apple chutney, toms, naan breads and a yoghurt mint dip.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-08-2022, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• The aroma in the air this morning is making me hungry (the trusty breadmaker that I set off on the timer before I went to bed has about 15 minutes to go). Definitely a sandwich at lunchtime.

Tonight I think meatballs in an Ikea type gravy/sauce, mashed potatoes carrots, broccoli and beetroot.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 26-08-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Moussaka and lettuce.
                  Homemade baklava ( OH was on a roll in the kitchen yesterday!)

Comment

• Faggots, mashed potato and mushy peas.

Peas are in the slow cooker some for this evening the rest will be frozen.

Comment

• Burger buns to go with turkey burgers from freezer. With any luck, it's another evening out. I'm about coping with the cooking, but the washing-up is becoming onerous for Mr Snoop (no dishwasher).

Comment

• Baked ham, mixed veg and roast potatoes in the air fryer.
                        Plus a glass of red after a busy and productive week.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've got chicken thighs defrosting in the fridge so I'm thinking Summer in Winter chicken, garlic bread and salad.

Comment

• Lunch: Meera Sodha leek and pea samosas with salad.
                            Supper: sausage tray bake with Bakewell pud.

Comment

• I did a cook fest this lunchtime!
                              so supper is beef casserole and gnocchi followed by ( you’d never have guessed!) homemade Bakewell pud.
                              And nope Snoop- I’ve only just read your post. What a coincidence!

Comment

• Steak, mushrooms, onions and mixed peppers with roast potatoes.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X