Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot yesterday I had a chicken that needed using up. So chicken in a tomato, red pepper and courgette sauce with rice. Leftovers for today and tomorrow (easy for Mr Snoop to cook with rice) and some for the freezer.

Today the sweetcorn and salad I had planned for yesterday. Mr Snoop is campaigning for bread, but not sure I've got time.

Comment

• We had a jam sponge pudding and custard for lunch because MrPots fancied that.

This evening our usual tagliatelle and bol.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tumble salad featuring herring in mustard sauce. Homemade bread.

Warm fruit salad with cream for pud ( a large box of slightly bruised nectarines, peaches, apricots, apples,oranges and pears all yellow stickered for 3€)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Out in the camper so I’ve defrosted meatballs in spicy tomato sauce with pasta.

The strawberry cream cakes we bought were supposed to be for pud but we accidentally ate those already

Comment

• Tortellini minestrone soup this evening, made a big batch so plenty left for the freezer.

Comment

• Well, I was hoping to do something with some aubergines. But no time. So it'll be Greek sausage stew with green peppers and white beans from the freezer. Not like we're suffering... Might bulk out the veg with some courgettes, use some of them up at least. Kefir or melon for afters. There's a bottle of white in the fridge too.

Comment

• Aubergine parmigiana for supper. Lunch will be sweetcorn and salad (half a cob each seeing as it's a rich supper). Melon for pud both meals.

Comment

• Last night I made fish pie with carrots. Today ....no idea yet.

Comment

• Veggie burgers with salad this evening.

Comment

• Big fat chunky Toulouse sausages with a jar of last years preserved french beans and ebly
                      Fresh fruit salad for pud

Comment

• Tonight ended up being chicken and mushrooms with tarragon in a white sauce with mashed potatoes and carrots...... hopefully easily digestible but also enjoyable.

It was definitely enjoyable and tasty!

Comment

• Salad with basil dressing with focaccia.

The focaccia will be interesting: new mixer and high hydration dough by my standards (83%). But it's a recipe in the book that came with the machine, so...

Edited: no time to make focaccia, unfortunately. So it will be salad and sweetcorn instead. No hardship.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-07-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• I'm just going to set off some chicken and vegetable soup in the slow cooker and there's fresh bread to go with it.

Comment

• Definitely salad and focaccia today.

As well as the focaccia, I might try some olive oil loaves I make. A recipe of my own devising and I'm familiar with the texture, so that will be useful. Plus a pizza dough that can live in the fridge till the weekend. And then... depending on the time and the oven situation, some hot crossless buns. By which point the freezer will be full to busting. But I'll have maximised the oven use and only have to wash up the bowl and other bits once. How's that for an excuse?

It would, of course, be par for the course for none of this to get done. Cloudy afternoon, so no spare solar power, or emergency work. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Edited: none of the bread and cake items made... Work has taken far longer than it should have. And I've just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow: cloudy with storms. I shall just have to tell Mr Snoop he's not allowed to turn on any electrical devices tomorrow, that all the power generated is mine, all mine.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-07-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Cauliflower cheese with lardons and a few other veg chucked in with it.
                                fresh pineapple for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X