X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prawn risotto tonight.

Comment

• Yesterday pasta and meatballs in Tom sauce from the freezer.

This evening cheese on toast. Yoghurt and raspberries.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Try again: salad with focaccia.

My olive oil loaves and hot crossless buns. And pizza dough to go in the fridge till Saturday.

Comment

• Meatballs tonight in an "IKEA type" sauce with mashed potato, carrots and broccoli.

Comment

• Talk about thwarted... no bread still. Emergency work and storm this afternoon, so no solar power for mixer. Tomorrow... Supper will now be yet more sweetcorn and salad with courgette fritters.

Comment

• Salad, salmon and baked potato.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tonight chicken goujons, roast vegetables and couscous.

Comment

• Tonight was mushroom risotto with a side salad followed by fresh peaches and live yogurt
                  The previous night we had bean and lentil casserole and beetroot
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tonight I think the Summer in Winter chicken again that we had and enjoyed a couple of weeks ago, with garlic bread to mop up the sauce and salad.

Summer-in-winter chicken recipe| BBC Good Food https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...winter-chicken

Comment

• Pizza and ice-cream last night. Also had a fine time with new machine: coconut and chocolate cookies, another pizza dough in case the first one was no good (but it was, so the freezer now has lots of portioned up dough in it...) and bread.

Salad and sweetcorn fritters.

Comment

• OH is BBQing tonight We have 1/3 a shoulder of lamb and two two tiny poussin chickens for spatchcocking. I’ll let him surprise me!

Comment

• Corned beef pie with mushy peas and onion gravy.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bounty bar cookies – can easily be halved
                            Ingredients for approx. 50 cookies

250 g salted butter
                            250 g brown sugar (I used 50 g panela and 150 g demerara, so not the full amount)
                            200 g white sugar
                            2 eggs
                            1 tsp vanilla paste or 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
                            450 g plain flour
                            1 tsp baking powder
                            1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
                            125 g shredded coconut (I used 200 g)
                            chocolate drops/chips as required

Preheat oven to 175 ºC or gas mark 4
                            Combine flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
                            Add eggs and vanilla and mix till combined.
                            Gradually fold in flour mixture.
                            Add coconut and mix in at medium speed.
                            With the amount of coconut I used, it’s a very stiff, crumbly looking mixture, but it comes together well to form the cookies.
                            Roll into medium-sized walnuts and space a generous inch/ 3 cm apart on tray (greased or, better still, lined with parchment paper).
                            Flatten slightly for biscuit shape or leave in walnuts for more mounded coconut-macaroon-like shape.
                            Bake for 9 to 12 minutes till dry on top (they’ll still be quite squishy inside).
                            Remove from oven and stick chocolate drops/nibs on top while still relatively hot so they'll melt a bit and stick as they cool. I got three smallish drops on mounds, four on biscuits. So not a huge amount of chocolate needed.
                            Leave on tray to cool for five minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Careful when picking them up, as it takes quite a while for the chocolate to set hard again.

Comment

• Ooo…yummy yum!…thanks for sharing that Snoop I’ll definitely be giving that a go.

OH has decided on the bbq spatchcock chicken with polenta and a side salad.
                              Fresh fruit salad and yog for pud.

Comment

• I had to get the big dinner plates out last night. A whopper salad with sweetcorn and aubergine fritters. Only things not home grown were some lamb's lettuce and the grated carrot.

Better be something with courgettes today. Stir-fried veg and courgetti. That'll deal with the ropy broccoli and a kohlrabi too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X