Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgers on homemade cobs with a garden salad and cumin humus.

I've started leaving the skins on the chick peas and the finished result is just the same, thanks to the chat thread for the tip.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lamb leg steaks, roast spuds (with garlic and rosemary), chestnut mushrooms and padron peppers (sizzled in olive oil and flaked sea salt).
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Pasta, meat balls in a tomato sauce using my own toms. Side salad.

Comment

• We had fish fingers and green beans sautéed in bacon last night. Mr Snoop's face fell after two weeks of Italian feasts. Better come up with something nice for tea tonight, though goodness knows what...

Comment

• Fish fingers Snoop ????you just tell that man of yours how lucky he is to be having those!
            A rare dish in this household!

Inspired by bones - we are having bbq lamb chops tonight with tinned french beans.
            Starting with melon and Serrano ham. Finishing with a huuuuge strawberry gateau. ( Yep - I jest ) probably a banana. ( I did spot that OH packed our one and only packets of Eccles cakes we brought over with us….but I’m sort of pretending those aren’t on the menu
            )
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tonight has been homemade chicken and vegetable soup, bread and butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Fish fingers Snoop ????you just tell that man of yours how lucky he is to be having those!
                A rare dish in this household!
                Also here. I have no idea when I last had fish fingers. A fancy brand and they were quite pricy (isn't everything these days?), but the fish wasn't that good. Won't be getting those again.

So ce soir - still not feeling very inspired. I wonder if I could get away with courgette fritters and salad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Also here. I have no idea when I last had fish fingers. A fancy brand and they were quite pricy (isn't everything these days?), but the fish wasn't that good. Won't be getting those again.

So ce soir - still not feeling very inspired. I wonder if I could get away with courgette fritters and salad...
                  In our house these days anything in breadcrumbs is a goujon, anything in batter is a fritter. Just be non specific....... when you are asked what they are tell him to guess......

As for fish fingers Mr GF has tried them all. His favourites are Aldi cod fish fingers, but only if they are definitely cod.

Comment

• Thanks, GF. In the end, we had a courgette tortilla with salad. And very nice it was too. The glass of wine helped...

Comment

• Fish, chips, peas, tartar sauce and a slice of bread.

Comment

• Stir-fried veg in a chilli bean sauce. Some of the veg from the plot, some from the freezer still, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Tonight ribs in barbecue sauce, garlic bread, japanese style avocado and tomato salad and I'm considering the wisdom of making a few beer battered onion rings. If I do I'll just have to stop Mr GF going mad with them.

Comment

• Prawn and mushroom risotto tonight.

I did make the beer battered onion rings last night and they were so...so...good.

Comment

• The last two nights -
                              bbq lamb chops with green beans
                              Quiche and a side salad followed by cake and Greek yogurt.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last night ended up being the same veg from the plot turned into a sauce for spaghetti. More of that for tomorrow. Tonight: veggie burgers, kohlrabi coleslaw and courgette fritters.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X