This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lentil salad, I believe.

Edited to add: wow, that is a good site, Nicos. Loads of stuff on there I'd eat. Thanks. Yours looks nice too, GF.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-06-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Lentils for us too last night Snoop Puss Lentil laksa with lots of fresh coriander, stir-fried veg and rice noodles.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Something with eggs this evening for us.
        Yesterday ended up being cheese on toast with rice pud for afters.

Today is jacket potatoes with chilli, salad and pitta bread.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I’m thinking of a mixed veg frittata with a side salad. We’ve loads of lettuce and eggs to munch our way through!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• More lentils, this time misir wated with some doro wat too. Just fished them out of the freezer, so no effort. Perfect. Green salad for lunch - the lettuce that haven't bolted soon will if I don't start eating them!

Comment

• Mr GF got rice pudding only yesterday. It is one of the things that doesn't seem to upset him when he is having stomach problems.

I had a mountain of crackers and soft blue cheese washed down with red wine.

Tonight, to continue on the bland theme for Mr GF, we'll have salmon baked with lemon, mashed potato, carrots and parsley sauce.

Comment

• Green salad with chicken breast fried in butter and lemon.

Hope Mr GF feels better soon.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 01-07-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Spam, egg and chips.

We only discovered this year that spams tastes good when fried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Spam, egg and chips.

We only discovered this year that spams tastes good when fried.
                    I don't remember when I last ate spam. I have a friend who swears it's delicious battered then fried. I have no idea if that's true or not, but might make an interesting variation on a theme...

Comment

• Artichoke to start with
                      Bean and chorizo tumble salad .
                      Rhubarb and yog for pudding
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I don't remember when I last ate spam. I have a friend who swears it's delicious battered then fried. I have no idea if that's true or not, but might make an interesting variation on a theme...
                        At school we used to get "spam fritters", mashed potato and Winter salad with some kind of weird savoury white sauce every so often. The fritters were battered and fried. I loved them. This was back in the days of no choice school meals. You just ate what was put in front of you. Two courses and water. Basic British food. I'd never even tried any foreign food never mind getting pasta, pizza or curry at school.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

At school we used to get "spam fritters", mashed potato and Winter salad with some kind of weird savoury white sauce every so often. The fritters were battered and fried. I loved them. This was back in the days of no choice school meals. You just ate what was put in front of you. Two courses and water. Basic British food. I'd never even tried any foreign food never mind getting pasta, pizza or curry at school.
                          Not sure if we ever had spam fritters at school but I do remember the day my mum made Vesta packet curry. I would have been around nine. I thought it was very modern! Very salty and not at all what I'd now call spicy. I remember the taste to this day. I also remember the smell and taste of my first yogurt, Ski hazelnut yogurt. Yum. Didn't have another for years. Too expensive. I think the first one was to keep us quiet on a long car journey.

Comment

• Not tried battered spam but have heard from others how good it is.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.

Comment

• Tonight, staying on the easily digestible theme, it's going to be homemade chicken soup and bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X