Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to a birthday party this afternoon. I know there will be food of some sort but that's all I know. I've no idea if we'll be hungry or not later but I'm sure we won't starve.

Comment

• Spag bol. A huge pot of sauce for the freezer.
      Mini rondos. Made this afternoon for a gift but the intended recipient is not at home. So some for the freezer and some to break the diet...

Comment

• Not very hungry after birthday party nibbles in the afternoon so I just made cheese and tomato toasties last night and they were such a nice change.

Tonight will be prawn, mushroom, sweetcorn and broccoli risotto.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pork loin 'roasted' in dried fruit in the pressure cooker. Totally delicious and next to no effort. Not sure about the veg. Ought to be cabbage. Now we've got through the caulis (for the moment), the cabbages are crying out to be eaten.

Comment

• Chicken Jalfrezi, brown rice and poppadoms.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Braising steak, with carrots, parsnips. JA's, celery and mushrooms.

Comment

• I think I'm going to make a mountain of pasta bake this afternoon to eat tonight, freeze and give away. So pasta bake, garlic bread and salad with a good handful of parmesan.
                  Also making marmalade today and I'll set the breadmaker off this evening.

Comment

• Rerun of yesterday - pork loin in dried fruit.
                    Also some cherry cookies for gifts.

Made two sourdough loaves yesterday too. The trouble with good bread is you just want to eat it...

Comment

• Sausages, diced potato roasted with garlic, leeks cooked in cider, beetroot with horseradish and gravy.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I'm going to make chicken and vegetable soup in the slow cooker. Fresh bread with it, and garlic and herb croutons for Mr GF.

Comment

• Soft boiled eggs, jalapenos and mixed leaf salad (land cress, rocket and lettuce) in wholemeal wraps.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cornish pasties, mushy peas and onion gravy this evening.

Comment

• Oh my goodness, Cornish pasties... I really must get around to making those.

Something quick and easy from the freezer tonight.
                              More sourdough bread.
                              Biscuits if I can find time. mothhawk, I don't know if you ever check this thread. I made some of the cherry and nut cookies from the Helen Thomas book you recommended yesterday, but with only 60% of the sugar. Absolutely perfect for us and for everyone I gave them to as well. Will have to make double next time and keep them in the freezer so we don't eat them all at once.

Comment

• Tonight, presuming that I get the gas and water back on, will be sea bream fillets, potato gratin, carrots, peas and homemade tartare sauce.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X