Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so the pie was not a total success. For starters, Mr Snoop said it wasn't a pie. It was a casserole with a lid on. Oh dear. Also, the pastry was a bit burnt. I made it in our wood-burning oven and told Mr Snoop to get it hot, but not as hot as for bread or pizza. It's an ancient cast-iron job (no thermometer, no window). Anyway, he got a bit enthusiastic and the pastry burnt on top. Not too bad, but nowhere near pretty enough for a picture.

Better be a double-crust pie next time. Also, Mr Snoop's ideal pie would come with chips but that's a total non-starter in my book. Pastry and chips...

The prune and apple galettes with the leftover pastry went down well though.

So tonight: plum pie. Some kind of soup beforehand in a bid not to overdo the calories.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-03-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Tonight pork loin steaks beaten out thinly, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and pan fried served with a sage sauce, roasted vegetables and couscous.

I think this will use up nearly all the old bread, probably just a crust left for the birds, so I'll put the breadmaker on tonight.

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake with garlic sourdough and side salad.
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 10-03-2022, 01:44 PM. Reason: Auto correct :(
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Had a quick raid of the freezer and come back with a couple of curries - one a cauli curry and the other a lamb curry. I always enjoy two different curries on the plate .

Not feeling up to cooking as I’ve been scrubbing paintwork with a white vinegar solution today ready to start painting next week.
          And now I seem to smell like a plate of chips!

Oranges or pears for pud.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just to add: the pork loin steaks from A**i were tough as old boots. I certainly won't be buying them again. I'm sure the local wildlife will appreciate the remnants in the morning though.

Comment

• Cod last night - poached with onion and celery and parsley sauce stirred in at the end. Served with sauteed potatoes and steamed black kale florets.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Fish, chips with some peas from the freezer. .Not many of last years left now.

Comment

• As I have now got fresh bread out of the breadmaker I think I'll make some chicken and vegetable soup in the slow cooker to have with it.

Comment

• Defrosted a chilli con carne to reheat in the camper.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mince pies rather than plum pie last night. Really good.

Tonight: crustless quiches and salad. Possibly a baked apple for pud.

Comment

• Last night - chicken in (hm) sweet and sour sauce with assorted stir-fried veg (including the last cabbage) and noodles.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.

Comment

• None of my plans are working out. We were so tired last night, we just had baked beans and bacon on toast. No hardship, mind.

Tonight, cheese omelettes and salad.

The sun can't make its mind up whether to stay in or out. Lemon cake if it does.

Comment

• Really struggling for inspiration this morning. I even considered going out for a meal until I realised that there is nowhere near us that makes what I was picturing in my mind. I was imagining a mountain of mussels cooked in red wine, garlic and tomato with a mini mountain of crusty bread or a really good seafood or mixed (seafood and pork and rabbit etc) paella. I can't even buy good fresh seafood around here and the last time I bought a rabbit, from the local farm shop, it was a real let down. One local eaterie does do a chicken and chorizo paella which is so awful it does not deserve room on a plate.

Anyway having realised that I can't have any of the above I've now investigated the contents of the fridge. Salad stuff wants using up and there's a pack of mince that needs using or freezing by tomorrow. So it is going to be pasta bake with garlic bread and salad and I'll make some more of the chocolate mousse. I might even be truly greedy and have a double portion today.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                                Really struggling for inspiration this morning. I even considered going out for a meal until I realised that there is nowhere near us that makes what I was picturing in my mind. I was imagining a mountain of mussels cooked in red wine, garlic and tomato with a mini mountain of crusty bread or a really good seafood or mixed (seafood and pork and rabbit etc) paella. I can't even buy good fresh seafood around here and the last time I bought a rabbit, from the local farm shop, it was a real let down.
                                I know exactly what you're saying GF - Frittata for us tonight, with taters, leeks, celery and peppers.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X