• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow cooker Braising steak and veg using this recipe

https://lifemadesweeter.com/slow-coo...ontainer-31144

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• OH is in a cooking mood today and dug out some venison we’ve had in the freezer for ages. So it looks like it’s a slow cook venison casserole tonight!
      Oranges for pud.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Great looking mousse, GF. Just as well Mr Snoop isn't looking over my shoulder...

By some miracle, yesterday's cauliflower cheese morphed into spag bol (bol from the freezer). Probably because the idea of cauliflower cheese with more brassicas seemed like just too many brassicas.

So tonight: cauliflower cheese with chicken breast.

If there's enough electricity (it's a dull day), I might make a lemon ring cake.

Comment

• Seared wood pigeon breast (with a drizzle of truffle oil), leeks, steamed cabbage, oven chips and gravy,
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• No cake made yesterday, but today might be the day as Mr Snoop is buying eggs this morning.

If I can find the sausages that I know are somewhere in the freezer, toad in the hole with cabbage. If I can't, no idea.

Cauliflower, pear and blue cheese soup for lunch and the freezer.

Ooh... a cake I reckon. Though now I'm thinking Delia's low-fat carrot cake.

Comment

• Prawn, leek, broccoli and pea risotto tonight.

Snoop, although I am not a pudding/cake fan this recipe for carrot cake is an exception. I usually make half the amount. It might be rich but you really don't need a lot. Not being a pecan fan I use walnuts instead.

Incredibly Moist and Easy Carrot Cake
              https://www.inspiredtaste.net/25753/carrot-cake-recipe/

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Prawn, leek, broccoli and pea risotto tonight.

Snoop, although I am not a pudding/cake fan this recipe for carrot cake is an exception. I usually make half the amount. It might be rich but you really don't need a lot. Not being a pecan fan I use walnuts instead.

Incredibly Moist and Easy Carrot Cake
                https://www.inspiredtaste.net/25753/carrot-cake-recipe/
                That sounds good too. Choices, choices... Here's Delia's low-fat one:
                https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...st-carrot-cake
                I don't bother with the frosting, just the syrup. Freezes really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

That sounds good too. Choices, choices... Here's Delia's low-fat one:
                  https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...st-carrot-cake
                  I don't bother with the frosting, just the syrup. Freezes really well.
                  I'll probably try that. I do think that Delia is reliable for tasty recipes although I must have frosting/topping on mine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220307_095302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	2542424
                  Probably just as well I don't fancy cake too often!
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 07-03-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• There's something about frosting... I don't know, it doesn't do anything for me and frosting recipes are usually a bit scary. I'll stick chocolate ganache on a chocolate cake, but that's as far as it goes. Maybe I once had a grainy buttercream filling and it put me off for life, I don't know.

Comment

• Ooo…those cakes look yummy!

Left over venison stew for me tonight with fresh crusty bread.
                      pears for pud.

Comment

• The rest of yesterday's braising steak and veg casserole.

Comment

• Fish in batter tonight for a change. Probably a side salad but I’m up for having my arm twisted if OH fancies chips with them

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake with a side salad.

Comment

• Couldn't find sausages but did find some slices of roast pork yesterday, so had that with cabbage. Better for us, as no hole! And no cake.

Today, chicken pie. Wish me luck. I've never made a meat pie before in my life. Will make some prune and apple galettes with the leftover pastry (shop-bought).

Comment

• Tonight cottage pie topped with mashed potato and swede with broccoli, green beans and extra gravy.

Snoop, I hope the chicken pie turns out well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X