X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of the haggis with a warm bean and tomato salad
    Cheese and biscuits for pud

I’ve grown parsnips before now gf , but they need a lot of watering in the summer as did the celeriac, turnip and swede…and we get flea beetle
    Have to say that these swede ( only tennis ball sized) were really sweet so it was a lovely change.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sweet potato, carrot and mushroom soup.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• When given a choice Mr GF voted for the stew and dumplings again yesterday.

Today I'll roast a chicken and we'll have roast potatoes, roast parsnips, mashed potato and swede, creamed leeks and gravy.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 28-01-2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Stewed lentils with veg for the freezer.

The halibut we didn't have yesterday (sausage and red pepper casserole from the freezer instead for convenience). Custards for pud.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and Bol.

Comment

• Turkey kebabs with rice and a tomato and cucumber side salad

Comment

• Turkey breast stirfry with lots of veg and pilau rice.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Slow cooker Brisket with onions, carrots, parsnips then steamed sprouts and mashed potatoes.

Comment

• Tonight, more of yesterdays roast chicken, garlic bread, beer battered onion rings, coleslaw and cheese, tomato and pesto bake.

Comment

• Bread and scratch it after that huge breakfast sandwich!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Veggie stir fry with noodles
                        Baked oranges for pud

Comment

• ^Baked oranges? I've never heard of them. Must go looking for info. The best oranges will be hitting the shops about now. Funny, when you see them all year round in the supermarket, it's hard to remember they do actually have a season.

Chicken stock for leek and potato soup for the freezer. Will make the soup itself tomorrow.

Might go for teatime meal today so I sleep better: pork loin in dried fruit (done in the pressure cooker) with broccoli, romanesco and carrots. Custards for pud.

Comment

• Snoop - Many years ago I started by cutting them in half and sprinkling with ginger and brown sugar, wrapped in foil and bbqing them.
                            Oranges seem much sweeter here than I used to buy in the uk, so they don’t need sugar.
                            I just cut mine in half and bake in a dish covered over. The cheats way is to peel, chop and microwave them!!!!..but that uses electricity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Snoop - Many years ago I started by cutting them in half and sprinkling with ginger and brown sugar, wrapped in foil and bbqing them.
                              Oranges seem much sweeter here than I used to buy in the uk, so they don’t need sugar.
                              I just cut mine in half and bake in a dish covered over. The cheats way is to peel, chop and microwave them!!!!..but that uses electricity.
                              I usually peel (cut off all the pith) and then slice and make a brown sugar and rum syrup (not much rum, honest) and pour over. So no baking involved but definitely a faff to peel them.
                              Do you eat them cold the next day too? Or are they not so good then?

Comment

• Hot or cold Snoop.Low calorie too if you hold off on everything but spices.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X