X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Yorkshire slang for Take Away
    Never heard that before. Maybe it's peculiar to Sheffield area.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Never heard that before. Maybe it's peculiar to Sheffield area.
      You could be right GF, or maybe it's a Floism. I liked Snoop's interpretation though
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yesterday we never had the sausages in the end. We had bacon, egg, tomato and 🤫 (the diet police might be listening) fried bread.

Tonight sausage and mash, fried onions, carrots, broccoli and gravy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Oh, and there was me thinking it was a use for everything that was starting to look a bit sad in the fridge or nearing it's use-by date (or even past it, depending on what it is...).
          My aunt's name for that, before use by dates were even thought of, was "muckment".

My dad's (her brother) name for anything other than the food he'd been brought up on and definitely anything containing👹garlic👹 was "foreign muckment". He never got over the fact that when I was 12 I came back from my penfriend's in Paris absolutely reeking of it (according to him).

Comment

• Fish chips and mushy peas.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Muckment - never ever heard that word before. It doesn't sound very appetising!

Pizza and supposedly salad for supper tonight. I'm fully expecting Mr Snoop to say not to bother with the salad... Better compensate by having something very vegetably at lunch and fruit for pud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Muckment - never ever heard that word before. It doesn't sound very appetising!
                It frequently wasn't particularly nice, depending what went in. I was going to say "what she had found in the bottom of the fridge" but this was before she ever had a fridge..... so it was what came out of the pantry.

Today I think I'll roast a chicken to have with roast parsnips, mashed potatoes, creamed leeks, carrots, cabbage and gravy.

Comment

• This evening a beef and veg casserole from the freezer with jacket potatoes.

Comment

• Tonight there's lots of leftover chicken. I'm spoilt for choice but I think it's going to be a chicken, pea and sweetcorn risotto for a change.

Comment

• Well, much as we were looking forward to pizza for supper (first one in ages), the winning meal of the day was the broccoli curry with raspberries from the freezer for pud at lunch.

Today: beans and bacon on toast for brunch. Pork chops roasted with assorted veg for supper.

Comment

• Huge breakfast sandwich this morning so pork pie and pickles tonight
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Chicken curry
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Pork chops, roast potatoes and z selection of veg.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The bread I made yesterday was too delicious, so no pork chops but leek soup and a cheese omelette with a lot of bread...

Pork chops for lunch done in the pressure cooker. A lot less of a palaver than roasted and a whole lot less washing up afterwards. If anybody is ever tempted by those 2.5 l pressure cookers that look like an oversized frying pan but thinks that it looks way too small to be useful, let me say they are absolutely perfect for two people.

Comment

• Snoop we've got a 2lt Hawkins pressure cooker bought it to take camping but it does get used a fair bit at home when I'm not batch cooking soups.
                                Like you say that size is perfect for 2.

Pasties and soup this evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X