This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

It's sunny here too. The washer has nearly finished and hopefully the washing will dry outside today. I've just taken buns out of the oven and as soon as they cool slightly I may have to check they're edible.

I must call round and sort a few things out for my brother in law later and as it's on the way I'll call and see if there's been another delivery of my favourite strawberries.

Comment

• Good morning all from a lovely sunny Dublin.

Nicos, garden naked day, it reminds me of a past member we had on here.
      Her post said, garden naked and get a bit of colour in your cheeks...it always stuck in my head.

Off to the scutch shortly and then some family members are visiting.
      Dont think I am going to get much gardening done today.

The front garden is coming together nicely now and OH has been told it's out of bounds to him, 😏
      Have a lovely Sundsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Nice to see the sun again today. I spent some of yesterday sanding down some external paintwork till it got too hot (!), so I shall probably finish that today, then repaint it next week. I've searched through the shed and I've not enough paint, plus I need some primer too, so a trip to the hardware store is on the cards next week too.

I've made sausage rolls and Eccles cakes this morning, plus my mum's favourite fairy cakes, and they are cooling on the rack, so if anyone fancies a cuppa and a snack, come on round. These sausage rolls won't be around long, but for future reference, is it better to freeze them uncooked or cooked? I've never tried to freeze them before as they disappear so fast.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon has been dull here all day, after church this morning, I prepared a couple of dogs beds which I will be using in place of hanging baskets secured them on to a 3x3post then painted them being on the post allowed me to turn it around without getting covered in green paint I will leave them to dry then see if I need another coat, will need to start hardening off the plants and hopefully get them planted up by June. Now off to make the tea, have a pleasant evening and keep smiling​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon All. I usually freeze sausage rolls after I've cooked them MH, but only because I use frozen puff pastry. I can't remember the last time I had the chance though - they disappear like magic!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
              What a beautiful day, temp went up to 19 degs.
              Visiting family and a bit of gardening
              Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, up early to take grandson to his work, this is to let his mum and dad and sister get a long lie in bed as it's a holiday, three cars in the house and I have to take him to work,I want to know when I get a holiday as it's raining I think I will be spending g some time in the greenhouse when I get back after dropping him off, I have a number of plants to pot on so that will keep me busy for a time, hope you all have a good day,and of on holiday enjoy it and remember to pass on the smiles
                Last edited by rary; 06-05-2024, 04:54 AM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny, but thunder storm forecast. Hope it is wrong, my washing is on. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Cor blimey!….we have sunshine! Sorry Flo - sounds like you’ll be getting the tail end of our thunderstorms…well, I hope ours have finally finished! At least the rain makes weed pulling easier!

Grory hop, domestics then gardening. Might just ‘ accidentally” pop into a garden centre to see what bedding plants they have in

Enjoy your day peeps. Rary - you’re a kind soul x
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• What a beautiful morning. Bright and sunny. Unfortunately there is rain forecast for this afternoon.

As Mr GF has got new slippers now I decided to put his old ones, rubber soles and a fleece upper, in the washing machine yesterday (they were pretty grotty). I put them on a quick 30 minute wash at 30 degrees. I'm not sure if I really expected them to survive the experience but amazingly they've come out looking like new.

Comment

• Morning

Lovely and sunny here GH temp it 24c tharts with door, auto events and louvers open Flo we have light rain later this afternoon but no thunderstorm due, hopefully.

We had to nip out earlier in the car, there was hardly any traffic which seemed odd for a Bank holiday.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A very dull and overcast morning looking like rain.
                          Yesterday was a summer's day, how quickly it can change.
                          Out for lunch today with my daughter and son.

GF, I regularly put slippers and trainers in the washing machine.
                          Better than putting them in the bin.

Have a good day especially those who have the sun.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Looks like it will be a sunny one again, there's a mistiness in the air and no breeze, just like a mid-summer's morning.

Thanks for reminding me, Flo, I've switched to frozen puff pastry, so I'd better cook the sausage rolls first too. Didn't think about that.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Bit of a dull start to the day but no rain forecast …yippee!…I can spend all day in the garden.
                              ”Perfick” …as Pa Larkin would say!

Mini heatwave this week suggests up to 24 C on several days. Maybe it’s time to finally put my geraniums outside .

Enjoy your day peeps!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 07-05-2024, 08:24 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Same weather here as well Nicos, none of yesterdays sunshine though.

Yesterday we opened up the trailer tent for its first airing after winter, there was a bit of maintenance to do then gave the kitchen a wipe down.

enjoy your day
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-05-2024, 07:14 AM.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X