Clear All

• rary
    replied
    ^^^^As I said, young woman passing by,

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post

That colour is from holding my breath while pulling my stomach in, there must have been a young woman passing while getting the photo taken, evidently not a member of this forum
    And the green googly eyes, Rary? What brought those on?

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening,after a dull start really picked up with blue sky and nice bright sunshine, didn't need to take grandson to his training today so went for a walk with a neighbour, before taking OH to a local farm shop, while there she wanted to buy me lunch, so as usual I let her do what she wanted , actually it was so good I didn't take any tea this evening, just a cup of tea and a piece on butter and jam, I have started making up my baskets which will help by giving me some space and possible stop OH moaning about the dog bed I have planted up, I should never have told her that's what it is though once the plants are growing and the trailing plants start flowering I think she will like it, well I hope she does right now going back outside do a bit of tidying up, have a good evening and pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post

That colour is from holding my breath while pulling my stomach in, there must have been a young woman passing while getting the photo taken, evidently not a member of this forum
    Dare I even ask what colour we would have turned you????

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Rary, looking at your avatar photo, it looks to me like you already have purple hair.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Evening All. It's been sunny all afternoon, so I've been pottering on the garden. Now the sky is almost black! Hope you get 2 pumps Nicos!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    The pump saga continues!…. A***** said to send back the empty box and packaging ( it apparently came from Slovenia) , which we have done, costing 8€ ( which will be reimbursed ).
    Separately from that , OH has just had notice that a replacement pump will arrive next week. Urmmm…does that mean we’ll end up with 2 pumps?..Will we get the 8€ refunded?…. They didn’t know we’d sent the empty parcel back…. Stay tuned for the next ‘exciting’ instalment !

Shopping done - plants bought Now time for a few minutes sitting outside on the building site of a patio…..
    Pity I’m off the booze- a nice glass of chilled white would have gone down rather well
    Last edited by Nicos; Today, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, it’s lovely and sunny here just come indoors for tea and cake.
    My new max-min thermometer arrived this morning so that was quick.
    It’s good to hear you’re feeling somewhat better Snoop.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    My doctor's surgery have just impressed me. I went in on Tuesday and they put Mr GF on the "waiting list" for his ears syringing. They have just rung with an appointment for Monday. I took the call as he could not hear. The person who rang apologised for the short notice. I told her not to apologise as she had just made both of very happy as his deafness is driving us both mad.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good afternoon all.

Things are going much more smoothly today. I got a text first thing to say that the Summer dress that I gave in and ordered online the other day (when it was sunny) was out for delivery and would arrive between 11am and 1pm. It arrived quite early in the timeslot and I ripped it open enthusiastically to see what it was like in real life.

I am amazed. It is far better than I dared imagine, and hides a multitude of sins. I think Mr GF was surprised to see me in something quite floaty and feminine. If it washes well, it will be perfect. Even better it is available in another 12 colours.🤫 I think I might order one for my sister's birthday next month in a different colour, but tell her if she doesn't love it to give it back to me and I'll get her something else. She's more or less the same height and size as me.

I've since been out sorting a few bits out for my brother in law and buying us all more strawberries.

The weather is much better than the forecast. The sun is out and the temperature is back in the twenties.

Last edited by greenishfing; Today, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Feeling a better today. Just as well, as Mr Snoop forgot to buy the tests yesterday. Yes, Nicos, possibly just airport germs. Hope so.

Very odd weather yesterday: high of 30 ºC in the shade up by the house during the day, low overnight of 5 ºC. Would have been colder down in the fields, possibly even have been a touch of frost if I'd been up early enough to see it. Anyway, cloudy now. Possibility of drizzle this afternoon, but not much.

Not much on the cards for today, thank goodness. Quite glad of a bit of down time to be honest. Managed to sort out the recalcitrant computer yesterday. No excuses now - I just have to sort out my pile of recipe books.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all;D
    Late start for me - so late that I won’t find time for a quick swim today
    Ah well - grory hop it is then- and a sneaky nip into a garden centre Well…. who wouldn’t

It’s my OH who leaves tissues in his pockets - they don’t half make a mess do they?
    You can guarantee when I check there’s nothing in them, I’m sure it’s those pesky smiles playing tricks!…see gf- I said I thought they were looking mischievous
    We’ve had shed keys clonking around, loose change and nuts and bolts…..my addition seems to be seed heads and small fir cones …

Thinking of which - I need to get our bedding changed…..

Enjoy your day peeps….watch out for those pesky smiles!

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Hope you're feeling better today Snoop. Sunny here at the moment. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like being a dry day here so I'll be in the garden later, hopefully it won't be too soggy out there.

enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Bit cloudy but sunshine due. Will be working briefly with OH then the garden awaits.
    Enjoy your day. The kettle has boiled.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X