• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

Enjoy the market with your GG’s Flo.

Robins seem really tame here I have to watch where they are so they don’t get trod on especially when picking raspberries or opening the compost bins.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, it's a nice day here today, and reasonably warm with a temperature of 12c went with OH for a quick shopping then picked up a grandson who wanted to come down to our house to do some studying for his exams,just back home before heading over to collect another one of the grandsons to take him to the orthodontist, now having a quick bite before heading out to the garden, well heading out to make an insulated compost bin, will let you know how well it works I had to empty one yesterday and the compost looks quite good so hopefully this will work just as well. Have a good day and remember to pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Ooo Flo!…any impulse purchases?

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Drizzly here. I've only seen a robin in my garden once in the 40+ years in this house so I envy you all. Wow, 106! Is your mum in the record books MH? Many Happy Returns to her.
    I'm off to the market with my GGs later today. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all, its dull but dry.
    We have lots of Robin's in the garden and seem to getting tamer.
    They come right up to me when I am digging.
    Crazy I know, but sometimes I talk to them and they stand there with their head cocked to one side as if they are listening.
    We put out seeds and crumbs from the spread every evening and they come right up to the door.

Off to my line dancing this morning work will be according to the weather this afternoon.
    Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Forgot to say that we actually had a light frost last night. Sad really when I look at how much blossom there is on one of the apple trees. Fingers crossed it was just a ground frost. We didn’t have enough apples last year to make apple juice, so I’m hoping we can make up for it this year!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

That's great news Bren!
    We spotted one in our garden the other day picking through the pile of soil we dug up before starting work on the patio. Not seen one for ages here. The ones we have seen aren’t nearly as friendly/ brave as the ones we had at home and tend to pick over the soil after we’ve gone rather than whilst we are there.

More work on the patio today - it’s another dry, sunny but chill wind kind of day which is perfect when working hard.

I made a cake yesterday in the counter top oven. I’ve still not got the temperatures right even though it was over cooked a tad in places it was edible. But I won’t be making it again. It had Greek yogurt in it instead of butter. Nah…too rubbery for my tastes. I liked the idea it was a peach cake which was supposed to be like a Dorset apple cake but with tinned peaches. Yummy in theory, so I’ll have another bash but using my trusted recipe for that.Any tips anyone to stop he peach making the cake sloppy in parts? Maybe add apple chunks to compensate?

Oh dear…this isn’t helping my diet

Full moon tonight I think? Or was it last night?
    I’ve been trying to spot the comet near Jupiter at bedtime as it’s only visible for a few more days…but there’s a hill in the way
    Anyone spotted it? 12p/ pons-brooks.

Right…the lads have gone to collect another 6 railway sleepers from our woodyard so I best crack on…
    Enjoy your day peeps

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

A bit of good news both Robins are back after disappearing for just over a week we thought they'd abandoned the nest.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Great to see you Burnie!

MH…wow!….belated birthday greetings to your mom xx

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening sll.
    A dry day but very dull.
    Planted up some geraniums in my window boxes but, they are still in the greenhouse.
    Potted on some dahlia plants grown from seed.
    I bought a few tomato plants a couple of weeks ago as I am late sowing mine.
    The Gardeners Delight has the first flowers on.
    Have a good 3vening all.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Wow, what a great sgr.
    Sending belated birthday wishes to your mam.
    I hope she had a wonderful day. 🎂

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Sending belated birthday wishes to MH’s Mum xx

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Afternoon all, hope everyone is well, health issues still a bit of a problem, but still gardening, good physio I reckon, both for the body and the soul. I will try and contribute a bit more this season.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all.

Glad you are going to stay around, GF, giving up your allotment is no excuse for deserting us! My entire veg plot measures 4 feet by 10 feet, about the size of a single raised bed for a lot of folk, but I get so much pleasure from the vine and the people here. There's no question of feeling a fraud even if you have just one plantpot to grow in.

'twas my Mum's birthday yesterday, so we had visitors in and out all morning, till about 2.30pm, and the house now resembles a florist's shop. Good job there were a lot of vases in cupboards to fish out. She has reached the amazing age of 106!

And I'll just say the photo on the card from the King was a disappointment - a stock press photo of the monarchs taken on a visit to Malton in Yorkshire last year. Still, a card from the Palace is a card worth receiving!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon just back in from a visit to the GC for a coffee, though is is buy a couple of rosemary plants as the ones I had in theatre seem to have disappeared, possibly pulled out with some crocodile over the winter, anyway have new plants which I will harden off before planting out, though they were sitting outside they were in a milder more sheltered area than my garden will be, and when you consider more plants are lost by planting out without hardening off 5 or 6 days won't go wrong, now going to have a late lunch before getting out to the garden, enjoy your day and keep smiling

you

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X