X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rary
    replied
    Good day, nice and bright though cool, went for some shopping first thing morning then up to the builders merchants to get three rolls of felt, once back home I decided to cut the grass, while doing that I noticed several shoots of raspberries, once I am finished my lunch I will be out to get them pulled up, I will also put some of my grass cuttings round my onions, as it makes a good feed for them. I have been taking hot ginger wine with a little whisky added and this has made quite a difference to my cough, breathing easier and not got the feeling that there's a ball of gung in my chest, don't know whether I could just take the wine by its self or the whisky but why break up a good combination, Snoop feel free to drop n while over I'm quiet sure I could let you have a cup of tea or coffee, free of charge, right off to get on with my work,keep well stay happy and remember to pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Impulse purchase?…. 24 lettuce plug plants I’ll keep them in the barn overnight for a week or so until this cold snap is over, then start fleecing them in their final planting positions.
    30% off - who can resist a bargain!

Me thinks I’ll be eating a lot of salads in a few weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    sunny, windy and chill. Off out now for some hen food and a quick grory hop.
    The hen food suppliers also sell plants…….I may be some time!
    Hopefully gardening later if the wind drops.
    (0.7 C last night, but no frost.)

Have a great day peeps

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Bright and sunny and no rain forecast.
    Spent a lot of yesterday painting, do today is going to be a gardening day.

Fingers crossed for your computer Snoop.
    Safe travels to the UK on Mondsy.
    Have a good dsy all.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning Snoop and All Sunny again! Plan to do a bit of weeding, but then the best laid plans ...
    Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Another frost this morning. Bright blue now and already quite warm. Temps forecast for the mid to top 20s this afternoon. Our second heatwave, apparently, though it should be short-lived.

Back off to the UK for a visit on Monday, so got even more to get through this weekend than usual. Plus I still haven't set up the computer... I'll just switch it on, see if the screen does something that looks like it's working, and that's about as much as I'll have time for. Fingers crossed it works OK. Don't want to take it with me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morni g all. Cloudy but its dry and 11 degs.
    It's my mothers birthday so I will be taking some flowers to the cemetary.
    This afternoon will be weather dependent, If it stays dry it will be gardening, if it rains it will be painting and if my daughter calls I have no doubt we will end up making more of the jigsaw.

On a different note, I haven't seen GF on here lately and hope all is well with her.

Have a good dsy all.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Very windy here and cold. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely to see you Janie.
    And great news to you and Snoop about your gardens.

I was going to go swimming and do a grory hop today but I was ill in the night and only had about 3hrs sleep Oh well, we won’t starve, and swimming can wait.

No particular plans this weekend ( apart from a vide Grenier on Sunday) but I’ll be pottering in the house and garden for sure.

Enjoy your day peeps

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

Cool and breezy today. Need to do some pricking out of flower seedlings this weekend sometime, but I've no space indoors to put them and it's still too cold to put them outside without protection. I'll have to dig the cloches out of the shed.

There were feathers all over the garden, next door's cat has had a go at a pigeon, no corpse, so either he carried the body proudly home, or else he was so startled to actually catch something so big that it managed to get away. Hope so.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 19-04-2024, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

More rain today here wish I could post you some Snoop, that's good news about having that area strimmed mulching does help to keep any moisture in.

All the best with your gardening plans JanieB.

Off to sow some seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all. Morning, JanieB. Nice to see you over here again. Sorry about the floor, but good that you've got the garden in order to start this year.

Me, I've had a bit of a boost in garden preparation too. Friend who's a builder came round to look at future works and brought her strimmer with her. A massive thing that has absolutely shredded all the weeds that were growing in my patches up near the house and taken it right back to the beds. Tiny bits of organic matter already lying as if perfectly placed as mulch. What a lovely woman. That's really cheered me up no end. So on with the gardening year... Mind you, I'll be cutting right back on plants as we have our harvested rainwater (12K litres or so) but no significant rain in sight.

Frost this morning, as I expected. And due to get well into the minuses next week. So just as well I've put nothing in so far.

Work calls, as per. But also got to go and pick up my car from the mechanic. Another lovely person.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Not a cat in hells chance of catching up so I’m not going to try. I’ve tried leaving my back door open all day several times this year but have had to give up as it’s still too cold. Today I’ve done just that. I love the smell of spring and that my dog can go out and do his business. When indoors he has a puppy mat. I have my youngest son and his dog living with me at the moment. She’s a complete pita. She won’t go out and she won’t use a puppy mat. I come down in the mornings to at least 3 piddles on the kitchen floor. It’s a rather expensive oak floor and I’m not happy about it.

Anyway, after my builders destroyed my garden said son has employed a really lovely man to sort it out. He has done sterling work and I’m now in a position to start planting again. Next job to put the new cover on my poly tunnel. I did the last one on my own but I have help this time. Slight misgivings that my son has offered space in it to a friend of his without telling me.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, it has been raining here all day and feeling cold, didn't get out yesterday as it was too cold for OH, so did some work in the greenhouse and once finished felt really tired, was in bed before twelve last night and
    slept till the back of nine this morning, we went to the church coffee morning, but now thinking I should have given it a miss, I think I will need to see the doctor as this cough and short of breath is getting quite debilitating, OH has been on antibiotics and steroids and has definitely improved, so will see how I am tomorrow.
    I was going to request that someone who might be needing fillings to let me know, as I need to get some cement work done, but will buy the cement tomorrow just incase actually if I feel up to it I will also get three 2x2 slabs to get my raised bed finished as I was waiting to see if I could get some second had slabs but now want to get the beds finished. Enjoy the rest of the day and be happdy
    Last edited by rary; 18-04-2024, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, I've been rained off so back indoors for afternoon tea, at least I got most of what I intended to do so won't I moan.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X