X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening, today we’ve had wind, rain, hail and sunshine ether separately or together.
    Glad it’s not just me with late sown toms Bramble.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Thanks girls, yes I definitely feel a bit better, and there is no chance of overdoing it bramble, I am now beginning to agree with those folk who say a man usually goes for a woman similar to his mother, I needed to go up toddy the church this morning to set up heating for various groups, shut during holidays, and first thing I got was, "your not going out dressed like that are you?" Just as my mother would have the church is empty, the car park is right beside it so really no-one to see how I'm dressed, but no, I think OH though I should dress for going out anyway I was heading out to the greenhouse when I came back home, when did come back home I was asked who I ha​​​d met when up the town, I think she was quite happy there was no-one about, as I was heading out to the greenhouse I was told that my oldest sister was right about me, always dressed like a tramp, wives are funny, funny peculiar not funny ha ha, if I dressed to go to the greenhouse it would be moans about the state of my clothes when I came back in
    Nicos at first glance at your post I had thought you were referring to a dog, as locally dogs are called dugs so thought you were beginning to talk properly​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Almond and Apple cake sounds very yummy to me

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon!
    light drizzle here but the high winds have dropped making working on the patio less onerous.
    By close of play today, all the footing will be dug. The soil is sifted and it looks lovely and rich. The whole area around the ‘patio’ used to be a handling/standing/ crush area for cows so I guess over the centuries their manure has done a wonderful job!
    Tbh- it’s no wonder the grass grows so fast!

I came in when the drizzle got too persistent and have made an almond and apple cake for the workers. Any one fancy a piece with their brew? (Nothing as yummy as Flo’s chocolate orange buns though!)

I’ve just lit the wood fire so it’s warm when they come in - we’re expecting a frost tonight.

You are sounding brighter Rary- good to hear you are ‘perking up’ as my granny used to say

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Very breezy here with bits of sunshine but a cold 7 degs.
    Lots of errands to do today so it will be a busy one.

Snoop, I hate working under stress, it just never works for me.

Rary, so pleased to here you're feeling better, dont go overdoing it now.

Bren, my tomatoes are just about at the same stage as yours but they are growing fast do I am glad I sowed them late.

Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Raining, windy, cold and sunny! Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

thats a very stressful situation to be in Snoop. Don’t envy you at all.Tell you what….how about if we all pop over and bring cake and help you out???? I’m guessing things could get more stressy after all!

One of OH’s friend is coming over today and tomorrow to help with some digging and concreting to prepare the patio for a bit of an extension and prep for the wooden edging.
    Such a change in the weather though. It rained heavily in the night- which wasn’t forecast when I last looked and now there is a bitter wind. Sunny, yep, but bitterly chill.
    Thermals back on!

Enjoy your day peeps- mine started off with seeing two roe deer slowly grazing their way across the back field, to the background music of the woodpecker and cuckoo.. can’t be bad eh?

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, a temperature of 3°c just now, had some rain a wee while ago, and now a bit of sunshine so no doubt a day of mixed weather, feeling a lot better this morning, so need to get out to the greenhouse and get some plants potted on, have a good day and those who have to work, enjoy it, just think of the benefits you get from doing what you do, so smile

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Gusty wind and rain here for the day, so no gardening today.
    MH I always intend to sow my toms earlier but they're way behind yours some only have 2 sets of leaves. I did have a couple of earlier failures so have re sown those.

Good luck with work today Snoop.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Another showery day forecast here. Work to do so better get this dog out first.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

It's raining here and I just heard a rumble of thunder though it doesn't look thunderstormy if you know what I mean. There's a fair breeze so it should blow over quickly anyway.
    I planted my toms outside yesterday so they are being nicely watered in. It was a case of plant them out or cut the tops off as they had grown so leggy. Either way it will be a bit of a setback, but as my Mum always says, they've got two chances, grow or die, it's up to them.

Hope you manage to smooth things over and not have too much hassle, Snoop. It's hateful having to work to deadlines, it makes you feel rushed and stressed which makes the work seem so much more difficult. It was the major thing I hated about work.

Ooh, another rumble, the storm is getting closer. time for another tea, or maybe coffee to perk me up. 🥱

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Temperature swing not quite as bad yesterday and last night: high of 33 ºC, low of 6.2 up at the house. Temperatures start to drop today, apparently. And by the look of it, we'll be having late frosts this year. Talk about ups and downs. Might be worth sowing some tomato seeds after all and not just buying in plug plants. Mine might catch up by the time anything can go out in the plot.

Masses to do today and lots of people to placate, as I won't be meeting deadlines today. Oh dear.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Aw that was a nice read Snoop

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening

Thanks for the link Snoop I've had a look and bookmarked it for later.

Its been a good gardening day I hope you all have been sharing my sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Lovely read - thanks Snoop!
    Me too, thanks Snoop.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...