• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Just come inside to cool off!
    Been weeding and working on the patio.
    Then sanded down one of the patio tables. Will oil it in a minute.
    I need more sanding discs to do the others but that will have to wait until Monday. I’m sure we have more somewhere!
    * Tootles off to have a look.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Afternoon Strawberry Patch and Rary
    I have planted mine Bramble, whether it does anything though
    Was in the gh when a huge gust and haily rain came down. Seems to have calmed again so I shall toddle back out now i have supped my hot chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, dull and raining just now upped out to the greenhouse to put some plants out to garden off. I have pumpkin, cabbage and peas that really need potting on but not ready for doing that yet, possibly start tomorrow as I feel as if I am starting to improve, though still got a cough, anyway I think I will put this time to some use and prepare for the next garden club meeting, have a good day those with the heat and sunshine, enjoy it and get some gardening done though if there is nothing to do pop over I can let you do some here pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• Strawberry patch
    replied
    Good afternoon peeps..Its a lovley bright and sunny day here today....Going to do a bit of weeding around the beds today...Have a fab day ahead peeps.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Quite a nice morning here with clouds and some bursts of sunshine,
    Gardening today although I need to do a few errands this morning.

My son will be 50 next Wednesday so we will be having a party for family and close friends tonight.
    CG, let's compare notes when our ginger starts to grow,

Have a good day all whatever the weather.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Started out sunny but the April showers have arrived now. Baking cakes today for my middle GG. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

We have a mix of rain and sunshine today, oddly its going to be sunniest at 8pm just before the sun sets at 8.03

I'll be mostly gardening today weeding and re-homing self seeded plants.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry CG..it looks like the sun wants to stay here this morning but heading off later - maybe heading your way with the smiles?
    25C forecast though this afternoon.
    Deffo a gardening day

Bren - I’m admiring you making so many things already! You’ve probably surpassed my crochet skills already!

We heard our first cuckoo this morning. That brought a massive grin to my face. To think they’ve flown all this way from Africa. Mind you, I guess they were helped along by the strong winds this year?

I was up at Stupido’clock.fr this morning. Hibou was sick quite a bit yesterday- probably eaten something she shouldn’t have. So, I was keen to check her tummy had settled when she asked to go out. Looks ok for now.
    However, I did make the most of my early morning by making a bread and butter pudding in the new oven. Apple,raisin and blueberry for a change.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend? Me?…well, as it’s forecast to be dry , it’ll be gardening. Maybe with a quick break if there’s a local vide Grenier.
    Enjoy your day peeps. Hope the smiles have enjoyed their holidays and start dropping in on peeps

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Sorry about the sunshine, CG. It's stuck here. And nobody here wants it. Lots of the farmers are ripping up their almonds and putting in olives instead. I thought it was because olives are now commanding a higher price. There's that, but they're also thinking ahead: almonds won't survive drought but olives will. Even if there are years when they don't have a harvest, they will still have the trees.

Very interrupted day yesterday but should be relatively peaceful today, so will be able to catch up. I hope.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    We have fog and a heavy dose of grey, this afternoon we have rain coming with its friend windy
    Someone has my sunshine I think. Keeping it captive.

May go in the greenhouse and sow seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    CG I’m crocheting a couple pairs of fingerless gloves, a water bottle holder and a hat, none of them large projects just things that will come in handy.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Ooh what you making Bren?
    Shopping done, bramble I got some ginger
    Weather is making me very weary , desperate for some sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

One of our charity shops sells wool I think it’s gifted from a shop it’s mostly cottons I’ve bought 3 with flecks, 2 cream then lastly a single brown ball all earmarked for projects.
    Spent some time potting on seedlings in the GH, more or less up to date with them.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon,dull but warm 13c just now and actually see some rain drops on the window, so might be in for a shower, son brought my car back this morning as I need to get out for some messages, he would have done the shopping for me, but when someone else is doing your shopping you always miss the "just thought we could try this" things, so thought I would try going for the messages myself, but mistake, got everything I wanted plus , but also feel washed out, I feel as if I could crawl back into bed, which I would do it OH would come and comfort me, you know sooth my fevered brow etc.etc. little chance of that happening, so I might just go out to the greenhouse instead, no it's raining now, doing the shopping this morning I did get some corn plants which I intend using along with Jerusalem artichokes for growing beans up, I do have some pumpkin plants growing in the greenhouse, I intend growing those along with some courgettes as weed supressers, don't know if it will work, but will never know if I don't try need to go and inspect the inside of the eyelids, I really do feel shattered, have a good day and pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good afternoon.

Yesterday, the temperature reached a very pleasant 20°C. Today it's 17°C now but very cloudy and it feels as if rain may be imminent.

I did lots of jobs, and errands yesterday. We also called to see a friend we hadn't seen for a while which was nice. I also put our repeat prescriptions in at the doctors. Hopefully, if the system works, the small pharmacy, just down the road, will text me when they are ready to collect. I also put a prescription in for an in-law but they deliver his. They would deliver ours but I hate staying in for deliveries and Mr GF's could not be put through the letterbox.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X