X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, its still raining here so I've been in the GH seed sowing back indoors now for a mug of tea. The winds really gusty its even blown over the patio table its not very often that happens.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Excuse me Snoop - but do you have any idea where the smiles have got to? I did wonder if they’d nipped up to rary’s to check out the solar eclipse….
    I guess they’d be most welcome to stay with him for a while
    Well, that's a good question. I've been getting up earlier than them these last few days, so I've not heard them chattering about their routes or plans. I rather assumed they were doing the usual rounds. Rary's is a good guess, though, but maybe they've been getting stuck at CG's, enjoying all the baking smells. Maybe they've found somewhere out of the wind and rain... I'll have a word when they get back, see what I can find out.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Wet and soggy again, not windy though , maybe our wind was Sunday. Was certainly wild then.
    I've put the slow cooker on for later.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all, we have the sun but it's very breezy.
    A very welcome sight after yesterday's non stop rain.
    Snoop, I wish you lived nearer and you could have lots.
    Line dancing this morning and then it depends on the weather.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Excuse me Snoop - but do you have any idea where the smiles have got to? I did wonder if they’d nipped up to rary’s to check out the solar eclipse….
    I guess they’d be most welcome to stay with him for a while

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dull here and about to rain. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Very dark skies here with more very heavy rain - you’d be most welcome to it Snoop!
    Theres loads of cherry blossom on the ground - blown/ knocked off by the rain . I just hope it was dry long enough for the insects to pollinate at least some of it.

It looks like we’re starting prep for the patio next week.
    A friend said that if it’s not raining they are happy to spare a couple of days to help with the digging of trenches for the electricity and some repair concreting.
    It’s too heavy work for my back and OHs hand isn’t recovered enough yet to do the digging/ pick axe work involved. So- I best get
    my plans out and start doing more accurate measurements for cabling, tubing, cement, sand etc. Exciting times! Now I just need for the rain to stop by next Monday

Have a great day peeps- rain or not!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Very bright and very windy outside. And back to normal temperatures for the time of year. Yesterday was ridiculously warm. However, the forecast for the weekend is in the low 30s. Terrible. And still no rain of any significance on the horizon. If you have some going spare, shoo it down my way, please.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Hope you wake up feel much better today Rary.

More rain here today with gusty winds this afternoon, I won't be doing much in the garden apart from collecting herbs.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evening!
    really brrrr here - it’s a very nippy wind.
    I managed an hour of weeding when I got home then the heavens opened. Really decent bouncy stuff!
    Looks like tonight we may have a frost so the blowaway is wrapped up in fleece.

How lovely having seen such a big eclipse CG - I saw the one in the 90s in the uk and it was so eerie. Particularly the birds suddenly going silent.

Rary - I hope you both feel a lot brighter tomorrow. It sounds exhausting x

Early night for me , I’m aching all over! More swimming tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    CG your friends in the perfect spot to watch the eclipse
    Yes she said 97.3% eclipse

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Rary, do sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly.

Good evening all. What a wet day, my front garden is beginning to flood, that's a first.
    Plans changed, my grandson wasnt in as he is off school with a cold and cough.
    I decided to buy some paint and brushes.
    Went to the store and they were selling tomato plants so I bought 3 as mine will be late.
    Spent the afternoon washing down all the white woodwork and doors upstairs.
    I will do the downstairs tomorrow.
    Hopefully I will get a few decent days to paint .pStay dry all.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, had some sun this morning but now dull and wet, had a bit of a relapse as feel very tired and breathless, OH is making some improvement so the steroids and antibiotics are helping, so hopefully I will show some improvement tomorrow, have a good evening and remember to pass on some smiles

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    CG your friends in the perfect spot to watch the eclipse

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    My friend is in Ontario, Canada.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts