X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Calm, chill and cloudy. Hoping to start clearing up the patio today - moving pots and power hosing the concrete .
    Might go for a bike ride later.

Good to hear the Smiles are back home Snoop. Sounds like they’ve had a bit of fun! Nothing like rejuvenating their batteries! …batteries?….I thought they were solar powered. ( or cake powered?)Ah…maybe that’s why they went AWOL ?

Looks like we’re in for a warm , dry weekend. Smashing

Enjoy your day peeps.
    Rather you than me at the dentist Snoop. Well done though on taking the plunge. Maybe you should treat yourself to something as a reward? And why not!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bramble, do you grow ginger for the flowers or the root? The flowers look impressive.
    Hope the dentist went OK, Flo. I'm off to see a dentist (new to me) next week. First visit is just for her to look see. Goodness knows how many more visits there will have to be after that. A lot is the likely number.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better today, Rary. That's a while now.

Quite chilly last night, so we had the range going. First time for a few days. Mind you, it's a bit cold indoors again as Mr Snoop left the door open so the dogs could come and go. If I was sensible, I'd light it again for an hour or so.

Oh, Nicos, the smiles came home last night but were very secretive. Not a peep or a flutter as to where they'd been. But I've given them instructions to get back to the usual rounds, come rain or shine. I've had to promise them new rainhats, though. Their current ones look a bit battered.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thanks bramble.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Nicos, afraid I dont have any tips.
    I did grow it before and found it didnt need much attention.
    Pick a piece with a few eyes sprouting from it.
    Lay it flat on the soil.
    Cover it shallowly.
    Keep moist but not wet.
    It prefers shade or dappled sunlight.
    It's in a pot in the conservatory. 😏

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    Ooh I like the idea of growing ginger.
    me too!
    Any tips please bramble?

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Ooh I like the idea of growing ginger.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good afternoon.
    It's been a fairly miserable day here weatherwise,
    The rain has finally stopped but the place is saturated.
    Got a bit of pottering in the greenhouse and planted the rest of my potatoes.
    Potted up a piece of ginger which I bought yesterday.
    Some of my tomatoes are up and were only sown 5 days ago.

Flo, hope the dentist was kind to you.
    Have a good evening all.
    Off to collect my grandson from after school.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ breathing is always a useful skill Rary!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon,getting some heavy showers here now, though did get out to the greenhouse earlier and put out some Jerusalem artichokes, alstromeria and phlox into the coldframe to harden off, I also noted that some lettuce that I had sown three weeks or so, has realy done well, now wondering who I can sell it to
    Now managing to get a night's sleep, but still got a cough that doesn't seem to be easing during the day, I have rubbed my chest with vix, tried cough bottle and cough sweets, but still not getting the cough broken up, however I am breathing so thankfull for that Well I wish you all a good day, hope you are able to get out to your garden

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Hope your dentist is just a check up and see you in 6 months Flo

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Hope you pass with flying colours Flo…and there’s no ouchy ouch business!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Cloudy but dry here. As least that bitter wind has gone for now.
    The temperature outside dropped to 0.5C last night - brrr eh?

With all this swimming I’m getting behind on domestic stuff so I guess I need to apply myself in that direction a tad. Plus weeding if the sun comes out.
    No swimming today as it’ll be full of kids. Schools are closed on Wednesday afternoons here so they all seem to head for the baths and IKEA
    OH has suggested we go out for a quick bike ride.

Interesting about the smiles Snoop. I wonder if they could have headed south to check out the sunshine and swallows?
    If do, I hope they left their snorkels and Sou’esters at home or they’ll scare away the birds!

Enjoy your day peeps - rain or not.
    Last edited by Nicos; 10-04-2024, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dull here. Dental check up this afternoon, appropriately 2.30! Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all, the rain is absolutely pouring down here.
    A visit to the hairdressers this morning, so maybe the weather will improve by the time I get home.
    On childminding duty this afternoon so that's most of my day spoken for.

Snoop, I dont think the smiles will be visiting this neck of the woods for a while, it's far too wet.

Have a good day all, especially those with the sunshine

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like I'm sharing your weather today CG. Of for a Grory hop at some point today, and a few other errands

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X