X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    GF, like other peeps said, dont leave us, I love reading your posts.
    You have a wealth of knowledge.

A cloudy morning but its warm and dry.
    I will be pricking out my flowers today now they are big enough to handle
    Lots of dshlias and another batch of sweetpeas.
    Weeding of course, it's neverending.
    Lots of other bits and Bob's to keep me going.
    Have a good dsy all,

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All I've given up my raised beds GF, so don't grow the veg I used to. It will be a few tomatoes and flowers only. We missed you, so please stick around! Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Cold but sunny! Can’t believe we’ve not had a frost yet- it’s definitely been cold enough to have one.

Lovely to see you posting greenishfing
    As Bren says- please keep posting- we were starting to get worried about you. So sorry you’ve given up your allotment although I guess it must be a bit of a sad relief ?
    A fraud?…wow- no!…not at all - you have so much experience to share!…
    and who’s going to keep us on the straight and narrow when it comes to recipes with what to make with all our produce?!
    Do please stick around- we need you!
    As for hedgehogs - how lovely! It’s possible one is a male and the other a female, or young adult . They are getting pretty rare , so to spot two must be thrilling. Hopefully you’ll have a pitter patter of tiny feet in the non too distant future!
    Fresh water ( never milk as they are lactose intolerant) and cat food ( not fish based) both wet and dry are recommended. Dry particularly so in that it helps keep their teeth and gums in better condition. Not sure about dog food.

More patio work for me today so I best shake a leg!

Enjoy your day peeps. I’m sure I saw the smiles whizzing over head earlier - if you read this Snoop, look out of the window will ya to see if they are playing in the sunny, fluffy clouds up there
    Last edited by Nicos; 22-04-2024, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Good to see you GF and please don't stop posting you're a valued member of the vine with years of growing experience. We have a hedgehog not spotted it yet just their poop.

Heavy rain here for the day so no gardening will be doing some seed sowing in the GH later.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning all. I haven't posted much for the last week or two as we gave up our allotments a couple of weeks ago and I was feeling a bit of a fraud when all I'll be growing this year will be a few tomatoes and lettuce on my windowsills. However I'll stay around if you don't mind as I've missed you all.

The weather here is atrocious so far this morning, cold, windy and wet. I've already slipped out of bed and turned the heating on.

The last couple of nights I've noticed we've had a nocturnal visitor between 10 and 11pm, a hedgehog. I think they were two different ones as I think the first was larger. Does anybody know if I'm right in thinking that cat food is their preferred food?

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon a wet drizzly day today, when out this morning to uncover the plants I have outsider garden off, I had a quick check to see how a couple plants I had put out yesterday were doing, both survived and no problems showing, so as I also have some peas gardening off I might give some of them a go as well, as I am feeling a lot better I was at church this morning, and as we have been invited up to both son and daughters just getting ready to hear out, OH is getting Tonights tea ready and I have just been informed I need to bring in some lettuce for the tea, which reminds me Bren has a thread about lettuce growing and I never post on it, I think I really need to start going through the threads regularly and post a bit more, the forum seems to be at a bit of a stand still and I am a great believer in knowledge is only good if it's shared, so hopefully it could generate more interest in the forum, if this was the new year I could have used that as my new years resolution have a pleasant journey Snoop stay safe remember you won't be too far away from me if you want to buy me a drink Have a good day whatever the weather and remember for pass on the smiles​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    I'm shocked at Nicos thinking I am still out of sorts, just because I was giving something away for free, I will have you know that on Monday the 19th. June197- I gave away a woolly jumper free of charge, just because the Ragman didn't want it doesn't count, at least someone got the use of it and he got it free of charge, the man I gave it to was most grateful, as he said it was one of the best things he had used to line his flower baskets
    Last edited by rary; 21-04-2024, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good mornig all from a lovely sunny Dublin.
    Off to the church shortly.
    Grandson coming for lunch and then an afternoon in the garden.

Safe travels Snoop and wishing you lots of wet stuff when you get back.

Have a pleasant Sunday all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Just had an email to say its national Tea day, the kettles on and they'll be plenty in the pot you're welcome to join me.
    Oh….NOW your talking!
    I’ll get some Bara Brith out of the freezer……

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

A very brrr start to the day, but no frost.
    So we’re heading out to a vide Grenier on the look out for plants…might be a tad early for that though. It’ll be interesting to see what else I spot that I hadn’t realised I couldn’t cope without

Safe trip Snoop- I’ll cross everything too for you for rain- it’d be a nice change for you to start the growing year with damp soil!

Enjoy your day peeps

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Just had an email to say its national Tea day, the kettles on and they'll be plenty in the pot you're welcome to join me.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Sunny again today - I could get used to this if it was warmer. Have a safe journey Snoop. Have a lovely Sunday All

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

No rain here today a bit on the cool side but that's soon sorted with a jacket.

Safe journey tomorrow Snoop and I'll keep my fingers crossed you have rain back home while you're away.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Going to be bright all day by the look of it. Cloudy tomorrow and then very cold for a couple of days, followed, supposedly by drizzle over a few days. Probability 50% apparently, amount not much. But I've got my fingers crossed. And my arms and legs. Can't cross my eyes, but if I could I'd cross those too. The reason for the optimistic long-term forecast is I'm off to the UK for twelve days or so tomorrow. It'd be great if I came back to find nicely damp ground just ready for more mulch on top and plants to go in. Will have to buy plug plants for lots of things, but better that than nothing.

If the smiles stop over with you while I'm gone, they don't need much. A nice warm bag to sleep in at night will do. No food or drink and no need to be taxied about. The perfect house guests, in other words.

Will try and drop in occasionally while I'm away. But just in case I can't, have a great couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    He must be feeling out of sorts still!…free?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X