Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken, stir-fried veg and rice noodles in gochujang sauce.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Empanadilla/samosas again tonight with salad. And a bottle of white. There, I've said it so it must be true. Better remember to put it in the fridge...

Something sweet too. Mince pies and cream appeal but that would be yet more pastry. Ponder, ponder.

Comment

• Chocolate mousse Snoop?
        I use this low calorie recipe I was given - found in The Guardian…
        It’s just egg and chocolate

Click image for larger version

Name:	E50DF3EE-B858-4E9E-A3CB-65C7DFC11E0B.png
Views:	105
Size:	931.0 KB
ID:	2542262

Its one of my my go to recipes when we have guests. People often specifically ask me to make it.
        Best served from the fridge.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Simple supper tonight.
          Biftek hache ( type of burger) mashed spuds and french beans

Comment

• Veggie curry, rice and sourdough naans this evening.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've got some mince/tomato type sauce back out of the freezer ready to have tagliatelle bolognese, salad, garlic bread and a good handful of parmesan.

I might just make some of that chocolate mousse at the weekend as it just sounds so, so tempting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Chocolate mousse Snoop?
                I use this low calorie recipe I was given - found in The Guardian…
                It’s just egg and chocolate

Click image for larger version

Name:	E50DF3EE-B858-4E9E-A3CB-65C7DFC11E0B.png
Views:	105
Size:	931.0 KB
ID:	2542262

Its one of my my go to recipes when we have guests. People often specifically ask me to make it.
                Best served from the fridge.
                Sounds yummy. Not enough eggs in the house at the moment, not something that you suffer from, Nicos! Roll on the day when we have our own chickens again. That said, might be a good excuse to go out tomorrow to the shops. In the interim, rice pud seems like a decent option for now.

Comment

• Chicken tikka tonight, probably with brown rice and shredded cabbage. Thinking - that sounds a bit dry so might get some raita on the go too.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Braising steak, cooked in the slow cooker with onion, celery, mushrooms and carrots to be served with mashed potatoes, creamed leeks and broccoli.

I'm just going to see if I've got some chocolate to make the chocolate mousse that Nicos posted. I'm pretty sure that I have.

Comment

• So far flapjacks for gifts. There were a couple left over but they didn't last long. Not as sweet as other recipes I've tried so much better. Mothhawk's recommended book comes up trumps again. Quite tempted by some date and treacle bars in the same book.

Supper: cauliflower cheese with assorted other brassicas.

Bread. Carrot and coriander soup for the freezer.

Edited: shame I didn't read your post, GF, before Mr Snoop went out. I forgot to tell him to get eggs. And I definitely have chocolate.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-03-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• It's Saturday so our usual tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.

I've made sourdough crackers for later this evening.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just got to say the chocolate mousse was gorgeous. As I had forgotten to try adding booze to the mousse I added a glug to the cream, (brandy cream).

Comment

• Lentil and mushroom curry with chapattis and salad.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Beautiful presentation gf....and really chuffed you enjoyed it
                              I've made it with chilli chocolate which was delish...also with chopped chunks of chocolate stirred in to give it more texture.... but the one I didn't think worked was made with white chocolate...too greasy and tasteless.

Sausages , broccoli and lentils for me tonight.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 05-03-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• I am just going to set the breadmaker off and then I think I'll make some soup for tonight, probably mushroom, with croutons for Mr GF.

When I was making the chocolate mousse yesterday it seemed daft only making enough for one day so there is extra in the fridge for today. I am not really a dessert lover, but anything chocolatey is an exception.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X