Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, yesterday we went out for lunch and it struck me that the traditional Spanish way of eating is quite healthy if you stick to it. Veg for your starters (I had a great heap of green beans with a tiny amount of fried jamón serrano sprinkled on top), protein for your mains (in this case, cod with all of four chips, which is about par for the course; it's advertised on the menu if your main comes with 'garnish') and then a pud (fruit if you're sensible and not a creme caramel if you're me). The carbs come in the form of bread. Going to give this a try from time to time as a way to cut down.

Lunch today (very late, so no supper required I think): Shredded Brussels sprouts with a bit of ham on top to start, then calf's liver in onions and sherry, then mandarins. That's our five-a-day in one fell swoop (rather a lot of sprouts...).

Better make some bread too.

Comment

• Just making the bottom layer for a cottage pie (minced beef, finely chopped onion, pepper, celery, mushroom, carrot, parsnip and herbs. I'll top it with potato and Swede mash and a few halves of oven roast tomato (mine out of the freezer) and grated cheese.

Comment

• Oops - pub again
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

• Leeks, kale, garlic, sun dried toms and mixed nuts (cooked together in one pan) on top of spaghetti with grated cheddar and fried eggs.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Coquilles St Jacques starter, Chicken Kiev, Rosemary potatoes and tenderstem broccoli. Yups, Markies valentines meal deal. Strawberries bought for pudd but unlikely to be eaten tonight.

Comment

• No cooking tonight, it’s valentines night so I’m treating the wife to a Chinese takeaway. Prawn toast and spring rolls for starters, beef curry and boiled rice x 2, and prawn crackers, bottle of cava for her and a few bottles of cider for me. Desert is ice cream. Have a great night everybody

Comment

• Same as last night. The rest of the roast beef.

Comment

• Unpredicted late finish at work tonight, so was glad OH hadn’t planned any nice surprises otherwise I’d have missed them ;-)
                  Pork and red cabbage casserole was in fridge ready to go. 8 mins on high, just long enough to put pyjamas on and make a hot drink to go with it

Comment

• Pasta, bol, garlic bread and a glass of red.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Supper: watercress soup, vegan tortilla and salad, Bakewell pud (pastry needs using, that's my excuse).

Plus, broccoli soup for the freezer. Small cakes of some variety to take to friends. Plus start off an overnight Ken Forkish loaf (not sure whether white or brown).

Comment

• I think tonight will be baked gammon joint with pineapple, potato and leek gratin, french beans, carrots and mustard sauce.

Comment

• Roast chicken, spuds, beetroot, parsnip and black kale.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mixed grill type thing. Sausages, bacon, pork chops, venison steak, black pudding, fried potato, eggs & baked beans.
                            Followed by cinnamon steam pudding & custard.

Comment

• Out with wife, son, daughter in law & granddaughter for staff curry at the Bengal Cuisine mmm!

Comment

• Chilli con carne with added peppers and rice.
                                Glass of red and some cheese.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...