This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Lunch: up the valley. Should be interesting. Vegan tortilla made of pumpkin. Mr Snoop says it's entirely fair to call it a tortilla because it gives people an idea of what to expect. Me, I'm happy to cook and eat vegan food. But as a cook, I expect a tortilla to have eggs in it. Mr Snoop says I'm a stick in the mud. Probably right.

Supper: Briam. If it's just us, I'll add a bit of feta. If not, it can go vegan too.
    A Tortilla to me is made of flour like a chapatti.

Comment

• It was purchased in Lidl, so ready made. Turned out not to be pumpkin but potato. I had a look at the ingredients. This is the Google Translate translation:50% fried potato (potato, sunflower oil), water, 11% fried onion (onion, virgin olive oil, salt), 8% dried whole cooked chickpeas, olive oil, salt, vegetable fiber (pea, sugarcane, bamboo), acidulant: citric acid; stabilizer: xanthan gum.
      There's a picture here:
      https://www.livekindly.co/lidls-vega...he-real-thing/

It looks the part, as you can see, but doesn't taste just like the real thing, whatever the headline above with the picture suggests. We shared one between three (doled out by the host) and at the end of my third I felt a bit stodged out with all the potato. That said, I've eaten much worse supermarket tortillas with eggs than this.

It was an interesting experiment. It was good enough that I'd buy one for an emergency meal on the road, but not for eating at home.

We do quite like the Lidl veggie burgers (not the ones with green beans, which are an abomination).

Comment

• Specially for VC:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_omelette

It's a handy dish to have in your repertoire. Not expensive, not difficult, ingredients lots of people have in their home and usually pretty tasty.

Comment

• That's what I call Frittata.
          Confusing innit!!

The other Tortilla https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortilla
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-02-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Pasta pesto.
            Bob’s just made chocolate muffins so that’s pudding when they come out the oven in 20.

Comment

• Creamy wild mushroom pasta and salad
              Apricot tart for pud
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Very slowly roasted shoulder of lamb. The parsnips, garlic, rosemary, thyme and bay came from the garden though. Enough leftovers for a shepherds pie later in the week.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Lunch: mushroom risotto
                  Supper: briam at long last. Didn't have it yesterday as invited up the valley again.

Comment

• The rest of yeterdays Steak and mushroom pie with peas and green beans.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    That's what I call Frittata.
                    Confusing innit!!
                    We call them deep omelettes
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just been shopping so Roast chicken, roast parsnips, mashed potato and swede, carrots, cabbage and gravy. I'm just deciding whether to make some sage and onion stuffing with it. I love it but it doesn't really like me.....Maybe just a small amount.
                      Just decided to have Yorkshire puddings as well...... Yum yum.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 10-02-2020, 01:21 PM. Reason: Yorkshire puds

Comment

• Sourdough with home made chunky veg soup and boiled spuds.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• The slow cooker has been simmering away all afternoon.
                          Stew this evening as some family members are coming for dinner.
                          Just the thing when you're coming on a very cold evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Roast chicken, mashed spuds and beans
                            Followed by apricot tart and cream
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hot dogs with a green salad and assorted pickles.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight is leftovers: Bubble and squeak, chicken and gravy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X