This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Tonight (continued)

The first post in the original thread which was opened in November 2015 read as follows

" Thought it might be interesting to see what is being eaten, where and by whom"

The thread has been a success with over 5,500 posts, 17,500 likes and almost half a million views and become too large and needed to be closed and this is the continuation, not a replacement. Hope everyone continues to participate and enjoy.

Here is the previous thread...full of great ideas (especially when they include our own home grown veg)

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1394868
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-12-2019, 05:46 PM.

AP, in anticipation of this being as popular as the original Cooking Tonight thread, i've 'stickied' it.
    And I added the link!...Great teamwork eh?
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-12-2019, 05:47 PM.
    He-Pep!

Comment

He is having chilli & rice again. I’m having a bag of mini cheddars and possibly a ham sandwich.

Comment

We are having fish pie tonight with carrots and peas. Mince pies or banana loaf to finish.

Comment

We are having fish pie too! With carrots and sweetcorn

Comment

Cauli and pear soup with bread. Rice pud for afters.
            Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

Comment

Roast beef, roast potatoes, steamed baby carrots from my poly tunnel and boiled curly kale from the garden and a red wine gravy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE46D118-3636-4657-99E2-F7F4EB270316.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	2385846

Comment

Made curried carrot soup for lunch over did it on the bread so tonight we’re just having jacket potatoes with cheese.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

well we pushed the boat out tonight and had sausage and beans on toast. Hardly haute cuisine but affa fine as we say up here

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                    AP, in anticipation of this being as popular as the original Cooking Tonight thread, i've 'stickied' it.
                    And I added the link!...Great teamwork eh?
                    Thank you both and thanks also to everyone else for continuing to support the thread. I had no idea when I started the original that it would would be so well used

Comment

Baked guinea fowl with own spuds and onions plus broccoli
                      Poached apples for pud
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Roast squash and beetroot with a dollop of creme fraiche, potato cakes topped with poached egg, soft goats cheese and pickled jalapenos. Sounds a strange mix but it all worked well together.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Got friends coming round for lunch. Roast lamb with all the trimmings & Yorkshire puddings. don’t know what to do for pudding possibly chocolate brownies.

Comment

Tuna steaks, pasta and salad.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Friend has invited us round for cured ham followed by polenta. My contribution is the sauce. I'm resisting making a pudding as well. Might have to make bread though. We've decided we don't really like spelt bread. Too sawdusty in flavour. So yesterday's rolls will be turned into croutons.
                              Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X