Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon tea pizza yesterday left us no room for briam. So that's postponed till tomorrow.

Brunch: Lidl veggie burger.
    Afternoon tea: flapjacks with dried cherries in the mix, seeing as we're having no proper lunch.
    Supper: beef bourguignon out the freezer and assorted veg.

Plus will get an overnight loaf on the go. Love the autolyse and folding method of breadmaking. The pizza dough was a joy to work with yesterday.

Comment

• Omelette (probably mushroom, cheese and ham), jacket sweet potatoes, last summers ratatouille out of the freezer and onion rings (because I love them).
      I was going to make Waldorf salad until I discovered my husband had given away all the apples I had at home. I've probably got a hundredweight at the allotment but not even one here.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 08-02-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Risotto tonight, with mushrooms, celery, leeks and herbs.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Chickpea, aubergine and sweet potato curry
          Also doing a bit of cooking ahead for the next week, pumpkin and ginger cake, hot fruit salad, pork casserole for freezer, and precooking lentils for tomorrow’s burgers. Audiobook on the go, kitchen lovely and warm with the oven on, and OH volunteered for washing up when the rugby gets to half time

Comment

• Cheese,pesto & cherry tomatoes on toast

Comment

• Tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread and a glass of red.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lunch: up the valley. Should be interesting. Vegan tortilla made of pumpkin. Mr Snoop says it's entirely fair to call it a tortilla because it gives people an idea of what to expect. Me, I'm happy to cook and eat vegan food. But as a cook, I expect a tortilla to have eggs in it. Mr Snoop says I'm a stick in the mud. Probably right.

Supper: Briam. If it's just us, I'll add a bit of feta. If not, it can go vegan too.

Comment

• Steak and mushroom pie, with kale, carrots and PSB.

Enjoy your Briam Snoop.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-02-2020, 10:09 AM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak and mint jelly for me, potato and leek gratin, carrots, PSB and braised celery. Gravy for me.

Comment

• Slow cooked Brisket with all the trimmings today.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Out for a cider in the Thirst Edition (micro pub) and a mixed biryani and a take your own bottle of red in the Bengal cuisine tonight, both highly recommended.

Comment

• Borlotti hummus and freshly made sourdough crackers for lunch, butternut, troots and leeks roasting at the moment then a seeded wholemeal loaf goes in. Probably have a mix of that lot later with bulgar, ellie garlic greens, sun dried toms, olives and feta.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Roast lamb, roast spuds and onion sauce ... brought in from the garden - sprouts, cabbage - turnip for mashing. Gravy. Wine, of course.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              Lunch: up the valley. Should be interesting. Vegan tortilla made of pumpkin. Mr Snoop says it's entirely fair to call it a tortilla because it gives people an idea of what to expect. Me, I'm happy to cook and eat vegan food. But as a cook, I expect a tortilla to have eggs in it. Mr Snoop says I'm a stick in the mud. Probably right.

Supper: Briam. If it's just us, I'll add a bit of feta. If not, it can go vegan too.
                              I'm intrigued. What do they use instead of eggs?
                              Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketron View Post
                                I'm intrigued. What do they use instead of eggs?
                                Would this be the chickpea water?
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X