Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak with sauce (probably pepper), roast vegetables leftover from yesterday mixed with a bit of couscous, onion rings in beer batter and a few chips or garlic bread.
    Last of the trifle.

Comment

• Shiitake mushrooms, asparagus and pork tenderloin sitting in the fridge. So a stir-fry looks in the offing for supper.

Not sure about lunch yet. Cheese and crackers, I imagine. That said, what I really fancy is something, anything, that gives me an excuse to light the range to warm the house up.

Comment

• Salmon, mixed veg and mashed potatoes.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It’s Ash Wednesday so it’s Fish & Chips

Comment

• Kale with walnuts, garlic and goats cheese in white sauce with roast squash, parsnip and beetroot.
            That's the last of the squash and also the beetroot.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Leek & potato soup with a slice of bread

Comment

• The stir-fry didn't happen yesterday - the Lidl Clever Burgers needed eating instead. Pricey for what they are, but I've discovered that soya TVP is edible. So I shall look about for recipes to make my own.

So: stir-fry today for lunch.
                Supper: Mr Snoop bought a magnificent bunch of carrots yesterday. So roasted carrots with a tahini sauce plus some romanesco. Bit of an odd mix, but I've got six romanesco needing eating all at once...

Plus bread, unsurprisingly.

Comment

• I think today will be Lincolnshire sausage, mashed potato and swede, carrots and Savoy cabbage with onion gravy.

Comment

• Making Cornish pasties, with mushy peas and onion gravy. Baking a sourdough loaf at the same time.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I made a beautiful lamb massaman curry with extra chilli added. Just lamb steaks onions potatoes garlic coconut milk (low fat version) and a super massaman paste from Sainsbury’s. Slow cooked for hour and half, then served with boiled basmati rice and as I had no roti, it was served with a peswari bread.

Comment

• Mashed potatoes, caramalised onions, red kale, pigeon breast and gravy.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Venison burgers with lot of chilli things and salad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2A4A62B-C26D-4316-BA87-1DE8235B225D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	2386395

Comment

• ^Photos! That's a step up for this thread. Don't think I can manage that myself. But nice to see, especially the chutneys.

The stir-fry yesterday was very good. Trying to avoid a re-run...

Lunch: just me so egg-and-chips-on-a-plate.
                            Supper: tray bake veg and the rest of the pork, this time in a ras el hanout and breadcrumb crispy coating.

Comment

• Tuna steak, sauteed potatoes and frozen runner beans.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Leek pudding with oxo gravy for supper.

Me and OH love it but could never get the kids to eat it. Its a cheap, tasty and filling meal as far as I am concerned

Plenty more leeks on the plot and they have grown well throughout the winter..
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X