Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning(just) it's not hot at 16 degrees, but it was way too hot to set about my big wild hedge with a very heavy large electric hedge trimmer, ginger beer ice lolly hit the right spot though.

Comment

• 26C here Burnie - had to come in from picking red currants - just too hot in the sun.
      The bonus is that I’m on to the 4 th washer load of bed washing..( and none of these need ironing!…yip yip!) - all but the load I’ve put out is dry and brought in ready for putting back on the bed.

We had an exciting mid morning though…OH got stung by a wasp. He’s allergic to them. Last time we were told if he reacts the same way again then they would consider an epi pen for him. This time we were ready with the vinegar and ice cubes, antihistamines and anti inflammatories, wet t-towel and we stood over him waiting to see what happened. Anyway, the area is swollen but not nearly as bad as last time ( swelling went above his wrist from his finger last time) . (Not worth taking a photo of to show the GP tbh.)So we’re still keeping an eye on him, but it’s good to know the immediate home treatment seems to work. Bit concerned though if it happened away from home etc with no access to all those things.

The next task will be to get rid of the wasps nest. Not happy about doing that but it’s not too late for them to find an alternative place. It’s literally 3 feet beneath our bedroom window- so a bit too close for comfort.

Tea break over - now I’ve cooled down I best get back to picking more fruit. Its a good feeling isn’t it?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve repaired my messenger bag it was wearing a bit thin on the back so Ive patched it. It might be time to start looking for a replacement, this one’s a Levi corduroy bag so I’d like something similar.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Back again. I've salted the cucumber and onions and they are draining for a few hours. We just went out to get Mr GF a newspaper and I thought I'd call in a local shop to see if they had some nice strawberries. I've got strawberries, another four cucumbers for more pickle and then I spotted some small nectarines.

WOW!!!

They were absolutely perfectly ripe. I haven't eaten such nice perfectly ripe nectarines or peaches
          for years and years. So perfect that the juice ran down my chin. The only way they could possibly be improved would be with a pot of clotted cream (childhood memory of a holiday in Cornwall). We lived mainly on them and fresh crab for a week with the odd cornish pasty thrown in.

Comment

• Good evening, when I got up this morning the temperature showed 13c. and though it increased, rain accompanied the higher temperature, we have had several heavy showers and now a steady rain fall, now waiting for grandsons coming down to stay overnight, but not sure what we will do tomorrow if this rain keeps up, I intended taking youngest grandson over to a cycle track so that he could get cycling in a safer environment, possibly better for me if its raining as I would need to walk with him😢
            Whatever you do tonight and tomorrow enjoy your self and keep safe and remember to pass on some smiles. Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

It suddenly turned warm and sunny so we’ve been out for a walk not far just bit of a stroll really then back to sort out dinner.
              Hope the rain holds of for you tomorrow Rary.

Enjoy your evening.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-07-2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Good night all.
                Ir was a miserable evening with heavy showers and wind gusts.
                Feeling more like winter than summer.
                Have a good night all and sweet dreams.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have a bright and sunny morning - I’ve just checked our forecast and we’re due to be low/ mid 30s today with 22C at 10pm
                  looks like I need to get the gardening done this morning then.
                  Our friend has gone home so I might just have a quiet sit in the shade reading later and maybe expose a bit of a sunbathe… No doubt I’ll find something else needing doing!

The smiles have already flown over - nattering away, so they seem in good spirits!

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• Morning

It's going to be warm here as well Nicos highs of 25c so I've been in the garden earlier.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cool start to the day so far. But who knows what will happen? Last night, we had the blackest clouds I've ever seen. So I looked up the weather forecast, supposedly clear skies at that time. But below, thunderstorm expected at 10 pm. That bit they did get right, as the heavens opened two minutes later, pretty well bang on time. Fortunately, the storm was short-lived, as it was very dramatic.

Plenty to keep me busy today, but not as rushed as recent days. Phew. Will even find time for some bread baking. Plus I've got two very mushy bananas. Was thinking about making a banana loaf cake, but if anyone has got any more inspiring ideas, I'm all ears.

Glad you spotted the smiles, NIcos. I couldn't sleep last night - unusually for me - so I got up and did some work. Slept in late this morning to compensate and they were already gone. With Mr Snoop hot on their heels off into the village for morer errands.

Right, better get on with things.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning though dry just now its dull and windy, have just been out with the dog, she comes with the boys, it seems to be a package, take the boys, take the dog​​​​​​, anyway out with the dog and the field I take her to is quite flooded, so must have been a lot of rain overnight, not too cold as the temperature must be about 14c, the forecast is for more rain ( every day) 87% chance of rain tomorrow with a temp. of 23c then rain % remain high but temp dropping to 16c so not ideal summer weather, but then I stay in one of the wettest areas in Scotland, which is why as I have mentioned a number of times, I rarely need to water the garden, but we are well compensated as the garden has lots of colour, and the veg rarely show signs of a lack of water Need to go now to see to the boys, have a good day whatever the weather, and Nicos remember that when cooking meat it needs to be turned, to be cooked properly, so no falling asleep while sunbathing or only the one side will get cooked
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Very warm and sunny. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Snoop Puss

Ice cream maybe Snoop?

I occasionally make this ice cream - very seasonal and yet low calories.
                            https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...nana-ice-cream

Half the quantities is enough of a serving for two people.

I prefer to make it with yogurt instead rather than milk - and don’t bother with the toppings.
                            Last time I threw in a few strawberries.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Another dull and breezy day here with an even worse forecast for the weekend,
                              Out for lunch today with my two friends.
                              No other plans for the moment.
                              Have a good day all .

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• As kids we used to freeze custard, needs to thaw out a bit to eat it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X