Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the late reply! The water finally started going down around 4am on Saturday. We usually say it takes 6 hours to rise and then 6 hours to fall, but it took 16 hours to go and even then there was still some around Saturday afternoon. I think it was being held back further down the river where it meets the Thames. Anyway, you wouldn't think we had been flooded at all now. We're prepared for it. All our kitchen units are up off the flower so we only have to move a few things. It's something to be thankful for! There are people who were hit worse than us. Anyway, the leeks seem fine. I only had to remove one of them.

Comment

• Glad you got through it ok without too much damage Sim.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That's good news Sim.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good news, Sim. And glad the leeks survived.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy over the south side of the valley, clear skies northwards. Would be much better if it was the other way round for the solar panels. With any luck it'll clear. No rain today. And still no frost.

Was due to go out shopping with Mr Snoop, but he has volunteered to go on his own. Me and the dogs will hold the fort, though our big dog obviously thinks I'm not up to the task and gets quite anxious when Mr Snoop is out.

Coffee just about ready if anyone wants to join me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning ​

A foggy start here of to have my hair cut soon last weeks appointment was cancelled because of the weather.

Enjoy your day.

​​​​​​​
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Still a bit foggy here. Glad to hear your news Sim Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m sorting a pile of wet bedding this morning…my hot water bottle leaked into the bed last night - right through the mattress so we just pulled off everything, flipped the mattress and remade it with spare bedding. It’s leaked slightly once before when the top wasn’t really tight - this time it was, but still leaked. I’m guessing a faulty top. Can’t find a split anywhere.It’s not all that old so it seems strange the rubber washer bit has failed.
                  Pah.
                  But…good job I treated myself to one of those long thin ones a couple of weeks ago! I spotted them and after very positive comments on here decided to treat myself! Good job I did.

We have a tad of sunshine here!…very blustery , but it’s welcome.

Enjoy your day peeps.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 27-10-2023, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's grey and murky again, last night it was foggy.

I hope you get the bed dry quickly, Nicos. I love hot water bottles in Winter. I like the round the neck bottles too, but not for bed, more for reading or when my shoulders are aching. I bought one for Mr GF but he didn't use it so I commandeered it. I also bought a toddler one last Christmas which looks like a stuffed toy.

Sim, it sounds as if you are super organised.

I've just made some buns so when they're cool enough, about ten minutes, it's time for belated elevenses. Help yourselves as you go past them, but don't burn yourself.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1798.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	1,019.9 KB
ID:	2570548 Thought I’d share this piccie I took of a very poisonous toadstool the other day.
                      It made me giggle - sort of reminded me of Weeeed from Bill and Ben !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1797.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	851.7 KB
ID:	2570547

Comment

• Great photos, Nicos.

We love those thin hot water bottles, by the way. They take a fair bit more water to fill, mind.

Hope everything's going OK, rary.

Comment

• Wild winds and floods again here, but the roads have been opened so not as bad as last time, hope you've all put the Sprouts on.....................(well Terry Wogan isn't here to remind folk)

Comment

• Good afternoon, hopefully I should be back on a bit more regular again, not getting any gardening done at present due answering phones and folk calling in to see OH, this is her second day home and things are beginning to ease off, over and above being head cook and bottle washer, I have nursing duties, and I'm not good at nursing, plus the uniform doesn't fit, it's OHs so a bit big for me OK I am joking with that, she is a lot smaller than me, though there was a time when I could hold her with one arm but not now and no way am I going to say anything other than I am possibly getting a bit older just going to make a cup of coffee then get a jigsaw started, but first I will do a bit of catch up to see how/what folks have been doing the past couple of days, so will wish you all a good day and please remember to pass on your smiles
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Great to see you Rary. Give your Mrs a gentle hug from us x

Comment

• Copy that ^^^ rary
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X