• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No probs for me either.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      I have really poor internet just now- so I hope this posts.
      We have a lovely frosty start to the day. So pretty isn’t it?

Hope you are having a lovely time in Spain bramble. What’s the first thing you look forward to eating/drinking theypre?

Enjoy your day peeps- will try and pop in later

Comment

• Good morning all.

A bright and cold start to the day. Jack Frost has been out and about. My car resembles an ice cube and the roofs are white over. The central heating is on though now and I have slept really well snuggled down under the duvet. I've got childhood memories of ice inside the windows, freezing cold lino and getting dressed under the bedclothes.🥶 Also of getting up early and trying to coax a fire back to life rather than having to re-lay it. I was an expert at a very young age. I can't imagine letting a small child, probably about 6, have an axe and chop sticks these days.

I've had no problem getting on here but everyone's avatar has disappeared.

I think I'm going to have a go at making the mincemeat cake this morning when I've had sufficient coffee. I've already got a tin and tin liner ready.

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty here too. Have a lovely Sunday
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A frosty start to the day here as well, the lawn's still rather crunchy we've just been out there to hang laundry. There's a few pretty shinny cobwebs as well.

Enjoy your day.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-10-2023, 08:35 AM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, GF, no avatars. Nicos , Bren In Pots, tagged you in case you don't spot GF's post saying that our avatars have all disappeared.

Looking like very late autumn out there, possibly even early winter. Very thin blue sky. But the temperature's not too bad. Just as well, as I'm hoping to get a bit of gardening done. The boar hasn't been back for a couple of day. Probably found some quince trees to raid elsewhere.

So, on the cards for the day: a bit of work and a bit of gardening, possibly some domestics. Got a bit of a hankering for something sweet, so might make a cake. If I were sensible, I wouldn't as we have stopped eating sweet things during the week.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Oh the aroma in my kitchen!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20231015_114441.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	2569908

The mincemeat cake has just come out of the oven. I didn't have a 7 inch tin so made it in a 6 inch and it took an extra 10 minutes. Mr GF can't wait to see if it tastes as good as it smells......me too!

Comment

• ^^^^^^ Can we form a queue gf, if so I am first in line
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, frost this morning then some rain, but by the time I was going to church the temperature was at 9c and even now with some sunshine it's stayed at that, just about to go out and collect some worms as the grandsons want to go fishing tomorrow, just hope it's a bit warmer, something like 20c would be fine enjoy your gardening Snoop and I will pm you my address for some of the cake, as I still eat sweet things through the week though if it went with OH I wouldn't but as I have told her there's ways of burning any excess weight off now off to get the worms and look out something warm and waterproof enjoy the day
                    Last edited by rary; 15-10-2023, 12:28 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• GF I’m sure I can smell that cake

Comment

• Gorgeous cake, GF.

Rary, I didn't make a cake in the end. Next weekend (maybe).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          GF I’m sure I can smell that cake
                          me too!

Comment

• Morning all.

Quarter to eight and pitch black out there. Even so, I'd much rather they didn't change the clocks. Plus, it's raining reasonably hard. Which is good. In fact it's perfect. There are very brief lulls every now and then, giving the standing water a chance to soak in before the next lot comes. So all good. The smiles could tell how pleased I was to hear the rain, but they're not showing signs of wanting to get going just yet. Maybe they're waiting for a break in the rain.

Got up early as I couldn't sleep, so thought I'd get a bit of work done. But there's nothing like looking at work to make me feel like being back in bed is a better bet!

Better go and lively up myself with a brew. I'll put the kettle back on afterwards, so the water's hot for you. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Another frosty start to the day . Apparently it’s the same temperature as at home so I’m glad we fleeced up some of our plants.
                              Good news about the rain Snoop. Have you had no water in your well this summer? We had so much rain in July/ August that ours didn’t run dry.
                              Ta muchly for the brew

Enjoy your day peeps…see ya later

Comment

• Morning

Frosty here as well Nicos not been out yet but will be as soon as the washing machines stopped. Thanks for the tea Snoop it went down well with my toasted fruit loaf.

enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X