This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

Mr GF tossed and turned all night and therefore neither of us had a good night's sleep. He's feeling off it this morning.

We had another frost last night which has just about melted away now. We can expect to reach the dizzying heights of 10°C later today. There is not a breath of wind, no sun, and no rain forecast. Amazingly, although it was cold yesterday, my washing just about dried outdoors in the sun and wind.

I think I'll make Mr GF some strawberry jam buns next to cheer him up.
    We tried the mincemeat cake last night and it is quite nice, but not something I would rave over.

Comment

• Morning, a mixed weekend of sunshine and showers. It’s dull but dry at the moment but cold and we put the heating on before getting up. Domestics for me today, nothing very exciting.

Enjoy your day folks, catch you later. Oh GF sorry the cake wasn’t up to expectations, it did look delicious.
      sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and sunny. here. Washing is on and the grass man cometh today. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Good Morning All Cold and sunny. here. Washing is on and the grass man cometh today. Have a good day
          The "grass" man? What can I say?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
            Good morning.

I think I'll make Mr GF some strawberry jam buns next to cheer him up.
            We tried the mincemeat cake last night and it is quite nice, but not something I would rave over.
            It looked such a nice cake as well GF, there's always custard.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've just realised that the avatars are back!😁

Comment

• Sorry you didn't like the cake, GF. We loved it. Mind you, if you're not that keen, does that leave more for Rary and me?

Comment

• I can't say that I disliked the cake, just that I didn't like it so much that I was sneaking extra pieces and couldn't leave it alone.

I'll try and send some down the fibre optic cables, Snoop!
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 16-10-2023, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• I am having a mini brainstorm here. I've got a mains wired lamp that has got two 15 Watt pygmy light bulbs in it. When it is on the light shines through all the little windows and also downwards into the arches. One of the bulbs, goldy yellow colour has gone. I was going to order another online but I suddenly thought what if I completely unwire it and then just push a short string of battery powered LEDs into it. It would obviously use a lot less power and be more mobile as well. It might even get a good soak in the sink as well while it has no electrics. Can anyone think of a downside to this idea. Here it is.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20231016_144324.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	2569947

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan, GF. Wouldn't take up a socket either. I guess the only issue might be internal space depending on how long the string of lights is.

Comment

• I think that would work GF… try it first before you strip out electrics if you can.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Just a, quicky, have been out all day with grandsons who were fishing, I feel absolutely shattered just going for my teas, been on my feet for more than five hours, with nothing to eat, the boys were starving so eat everything, next time I am taking a box with a lock all that time and not a fish to show for it. Enjoy your evening and smile, (if you have the energy) goodnight
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

A lockable lunch box sounds the best idea when food and teenagers are together Rary, I’m sure they have hollow legs.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-10-2023, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Morning

A misty start here its become thicker in the past hour.

Some gardening today, I want to remove the last of my GH tom plants then move the winter lettuce buckets in there. There's still a couple of cucumber plants with baby cucs but I don't hold out much hope for them. After that a general garden tidy.

enjoy your day..

Comment

• Good morning all.

It feels so good to have slept well! A cold 2°C here last night. The central heating is on and I'm in Winter clothes. Fleece trousers and an oversized fleece hoody....so warm and comfy, officially menswear, but I bought a set for Mr GF last Winter and decided that "What's good for the goose........"

I've just been writing a shopping list as the fridge is looking quite bare again (relatively speaking). I'll ring my brother in law shortly and see if he wants to come shopping with us.

I've just had a reminder by text from the NHS that we've all got a Covid jab booked for Thursday afternoon.

We had more of the mincemeat cake last night as a pudding. I have now found it's perfect companion. I whipped up some cream to the splodgy stage (soft peaks), added a teaspoonful of icing sugar and a glug of brandy and it just goes so well with the cake. Mr GF had said originally, "Just a small piece" but then had seconds. I'd better put cream on my shopping list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X