This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    I'm not particularly fond of biscuits, but I do make what I'm told are delicious salted chocolate shortcake fingers. You all sound very chirpy this morning. I was too until I heard a snow warning for us for Thursday morning
    Any chance of the recipe?

Comment

• It's just standard shortbread GF, but with cocoa powder in the mix. When cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle over with sea salt. They look quite pretty too
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Now they sound yum. I love shortbread to the point of eating too much, but I have not had chocolate in it before though or made it before.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Snow forecast for us as well on Thursday Flo.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Snow for us too
            Northern England.

Comment

• Those sound delicious, Flo. I shall add them to the list of things to try.

Comment

• It's an Alex James recipe I saw in a Sunday newspaper years ago.
                125 butter (slightly softened)
                170 plain flour
                2 tbsp cocoa powder
                60g caster sugar

50g dark chocolate
                Malden sea salt

That makes about 20 fingers. I prick them with a fork, sprinkle more sugar on top and chill them in the fridge for half an hour before baking at 130 fan for 20 minutes. Space them because they do spread in the oven!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon, quite windy and now wet, did manage to get my blackcurrant bushes move this morning and intended going out to the greenhouse for a time, but after digging three holes for the bushes my knees are quite sore, only three holes and I'm struggling to walk, teaches me a lesson, I should have got OH to dig the holes Nicos the coconut covered caramel biscuits are know as carmel logs up here, and if you want I will let you leave ​a drink behind the bar for me, feel free to PM me for info of which bar would suit I am now going to inspect the inside of my eyelids for a time so please pass quietly ​​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Snoop - here is a piccie…
                    https://shopkin.eu/product/tunnocks-...caramel-wafer/
                    Spot on Rary!

CG….we’ll be crossing the Pennines from near Flo and heading to near Penrith. Well that’s the plan if the roads are open!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Snoop - here is a piccie…
                      https://shopkin.eu/product/tunnocks-...caramel-wafer/
                      Spot on Rary!

CG….we’ll be crossing the Pennines from near Flo and heading to near Penrith. Well that’s the plan if the roads are open!
                      Nope, I can survive without those, Nicos. Not my cup of tea at all. I don't like those weird chocolate-coated marshmallow affairs that Tunnocks do either. And most people seem to love those. Bleeurgh!

But, we should perhaps arrange to be in the UK at the same time at some point. When I go back, the place I visit is 15 or so miles away from Penrith.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-02-2024, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

But, we should perhaps arrange to be in the UK at the same time at some point. When I go back, the place I visit is 15 or so miles away from Penrith.

That sounds like a brill plan!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Small world . My inlaws used to live in Penrith and OH lived the outskirts growing up so we know alot of the places round about.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• The marshmallow things are not like they used to be. The mallow is sticky and sickly now and they have jam in them . Wish they would give over changing recipes.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              That's some suggestion, let me know when you can arrange it, and if I can afford it will head for Pitlochry 😁😁😁
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-02-2024, 08:05 AM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                                It is still windy here and thr rain is blowing around, although according to the weather man that is due to stop as is the wind. I hope so! I ordered some things online so I need to write down what I ordered (some may be seeds of course ).
                                Kettle has boiled and there are some croissants just out of the oven, help yourselves.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X