This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Why on earth, if space is at a premium, there wasn't a multi storey car park built next to the hospital when it was built about 10 years ago is beyond me. Don't the planners realise that most patients at a hospital, even if not permanently disabled, quite probably can't walk far because of their illness...
    I sympathise, GF.

Our hospital had a multi-storey car park built several years ago. I had occasion to go there on Monday, my brother gave me a lift and at 1pm we joined the queue for the carpark - there were about 25 cars in front of us. The car park was already full, so it was one out, one in. I got out and walked the rest of the way.

When I came out at 3pm, the queue stretched the length of one road, around the corner, and the whole length of that road - there must have been at least 70 cars in that queue. I hope they were all just visiting and didn't have appointments to keep. There is a patient drop-off/pick-up point, but guess what? You have to pass the car park barrier first.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

I sympathise, GF.

Our hospital had a multi-storey car park built several years ago. I had occasion to go there on Monday, my brother gave me a lift and at 1pm we joined the queue for the carpark - there were about 25 cars in front of us. The car park was already full, so it was one out, one in. I got out and walked the rest of the way.

When I came out at 3pm, the queue stretched the length of one road, around the corner, and the whole length of that road - there must have been at least 70 cars in that queue. I hope they were all just visiting and didn't have appointments to keep. There is a patient drop-off/pick-up point, but guess what? You have to pass the car park barrier first.
      Have the architects/planners for these buildings got a clue about the real world????

Comment

• Mornin nโ€™allnโ€™all

Youโ€™ve had me thinking about hospital parking. Iโ€™ve worked in various ones for years, and Iโ€™ve watched the decline of the local bus services- some specifically running the main hospital routes - catering for staff, outpatients and visitors.
        Iโ€™d guess that part of the problem would be due to those axed bus services?
        Also the closing down of many cottage hospitals would mean more people having to attend the larger ones- again increasing parking demands.
        No excuses though for new builds as they should have already been aware of those problems.
        And donโ€™t get me started on their parking fees!โ€ฆโ€ฆ
        ( *whispers very quietly that the situation in the French hospitals Iโ€™ve been to donโ€™t seem to have those problems to the same extent)

Apart from my addition to the rantโ€ฆ( Flo - I imagine you have much experience of hospital parking?) โ€ฆ.Today will be another domestics day- and a bit of gardening. Yesterday was a pleasure to be pottering around in the sunshine

You know, Iโ€™ve only just realised that I donโ€™t have an aching arm after that vaccination! Just as well as I forgot to offer my non dominant arm

kettleโ€™s onโ€ฆ..brew anyone?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning โ€‹

Another dry day here I'm of to the library later and corn merchant but that's it for shopping today.

It looks like all hospital car parks have the same parking problems, our hospitals been extended a few times with new departments/buildings but there's always long queues for parking.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

That's an even more absurd situation than most, mothhawk. What were they thinking? The kind of situation you describe, GF, would you consider requesting hospital transport? A waste of hospital resources, maybe, but not entirely unreasonable.

Our local hospital has no parking whatsoever and nearby parking is always full. I'm guessing it was built in the days when Spaniards didn't have cars by and large. As far as I can tell, car ownership didn't really take off till a few years after the end of Franco's dictatorship, so the late 1970s, and didn't become properly popular till the 1990s. A new hospital is currently being built. Be interesting to see what they do about parking. It will serve a very large outlying area of small villages with no public transport whatsoever. And it won't be town centre (like the existing one), so no-one will be able to walk. Fingers crossed they take parking into account and set up a bus service, at least for people that live in the town.

Dull here today. Due to brighten up later. Got plenty to do again, but was talking with Mr Snoop this morning about the veg plot. Unfortunately, I heard what I think is a boar, not necessarily the boar, crashing around the canes in the night...

Right, better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-02-2024, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All A bit warmer today, but very cloudy. You really don't want to get me going on about hospital parking! The mobile scanners are a way to try to reduce hospital waiting times, but are often parked in disabled spaces. There should have been alternative parking provided. Complain in writing - it would be interesting to see the response!
              My son is on his way, he has a job interview this morning so is borrowing our car to get there as his is a bit dodgy. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                It was su NY earlier but has gone dull now. No complaints ax its 13 degs.
                Out for a walk and thrn a trip to the library,

Hospital parking is a nightmare here as well
                We have a multi storey one but there is always a queue and of course the charges are crazy.
                We are fortunate are that two of the nearest have a bus service that drives through the grounds.

Hopefully I will have time to spend in the greenhouse later, it could do with tidying.
                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Good Morning All A bit warmer today, but very cloudy. You really don't want to get me going on about hospital parking! The mobile scanners are a way to try to reduce hospital waiting times, but are often parked in disabled spaces. There should have been alternative parking provided. Complain in writing - it would be interesting to see the response!
                  My son is on his way, he has a job interview this morning so is borrowing our car to get there as his is a bit dodgy. Have a good day
                  fingers crossed Flo for your son ... although I don't envy him having to put up with all the bullsh ...err manure that seems to go with most jobs these days - I'm glad im out of it, but I do miss some of the people worked with - we had a good laugh most of the time.

Not doing too much today (apart from walking Gus the Grief) as yesterday I earned brownie points by sorting the tyres out (low pressure warning after the cold weather) and general tidy up.

last three days has seen me taking Gus on a longer walk out of town so to speak just for a bit of variation. so it will be a local trundle today(bit late actually but he's snoozing) then back to planning the garden.

THis weekend I may try and sort the greenhouse out andgive it a good clean prior to sowing some seeds ... can't see what the rush is ... all these people on youtube sowing things at christmas then moaning about the cost of running grow lights etc etc ... but thats a rant for another day

ntg
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

• Weโ€™re waiting for friends to arrive for a long weekend.
                    Well I amโ€ฆOH is working still -I just gave him a brew and a snickers bar and his face lit up. He wonโ€™t be smiling when he gets on the scales though. At least heโ€™ll be kept busy sucking the peanuts out of his teeth for a while!

Anyone else fancy a brew?โ€ฆ.the kettleโ€™s still hot - also plenty of chocolate bars needing eating up.

fingers crossed here too for your son Flo x

Talking of planting out, we need for chook food and bedding so Iโ€™ll pop into the Farmer Supplies shop tomorrow but also see if they have any shallots and onions to pop into trays. No harm in getting the root growth started!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 02-02-2024, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Iโ€™ve not started sow yet NtG, Iโ€™ll be sowing some lettuce but that will be all for now.

Comment

• Mornin nโ€™allnโ€™all
                        Iโ€™ve just nipped outside and was surprised at how calm and โ€˜warmโ€™ it is. This is certainly going to bring on those Spring flowers

Instead of selling lettuce in plastic bags , our local shops have recently offered fully grown lettuce with their roots in compost- not sure if its โ€˜a thingโ€™ in the uk?. If so, has anyone tried growing these on on their windowsills as cut and come again?

The breakfast table is setโ€ฆ.featuring homemade muesli ( I found some dehydrated pineapple the other day so thought Iโ€™d try some out in it!) also homemade bread and a selection of jams. Please feel free to help yourselves

Anyone up to anything exciting this weekend? Weโ€™re forecast โ€˜warmโ€™ temperatures ( wellโ€ฆ.for February) so I guess itโ€™s going to be a gardening and stacking of wood kind of weekend. Canโ€™t beat that!
                        Not seen the smiles yet - are they up to mischief over there Snoop?
                        Last edited by Nicos; 03-02-2024, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

I'll sit down at the breakfast table with you, Nicos, sounds delicious, more so when someone else has made it all Add a pot of tea and it's breakfast heaven.

It is mild here too, even though the sun is not quite up I've opened all the windows to let in the fresh air. Nothing but domestics on the "to do" list today, though I may make bread and biscuits later. Or a cake...
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Another one sharing your table Nicos I had eggy bread and mushrooms earlier so a slice of bread and jam will go down nicely.

Its mild here as well 'they' give temps of 11c for most of the day

Comment

• Good morning.

The forecast is sun and cloud here for today. Unfortunately they are wrong and it is raining at the moment and the sky is very dark.โ˜น I need the lights on.

I got a lovely phone call yesterday from an elderly friend (98 next weekend) thanking me for the banana loaf I made him a couple of weeks ago. He froze it when I took it for him and only started it yesterday. I think I'll make him another cake for his birthday.

Comment

• Good morning I think it's going to be a day of sunshine and showers here,it was nice and sunny when I got up and now having a light shower, so think it will be the greenhouse today, I still haven't sown any seeds yet but the urge to do so is definitely working on me, I missed posting yesterday as I had come off the vine for some reason and was required to sign in again, but I couldn't find my password, and no I will not select the save password request, before anyone asks๐Ÿ˜ I file my passwords on paper and it so happens this bit of paper was a wrapper for a chocolate biscuit which OH had put in the bin, as I wasn't going to ask for a new password (I think admin would consider it easier to bar me than employ someone to keep me going with new password requests ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜) anyway I found the bit of paper in the bin, it was quite easy to identify it, I don't get chocolate biscuits that oftenโ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„ anyway I am back on, have a good day and hopefully get something done in the garden and keep smiling

And before anyone comes back on it, I know password requests are handled by a computer algorithm.
                                I read that word in a bit of paper I came across while hunting for my password and wanted to use it somewhere
                                โ€‹
                                Last edited by rary; 03-02-2024, 10:03 AM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X