This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Contrary to the forecast, it's blue skies out there. Chilly, mind.

Mr Snoop has gone off for a hospital appointment and a grory hop. Can't remember when we last went to the big shops. He's got rather a long list. I'm about to feed and walk the dogs and then settle down to a hard day at the keyboard. With any luck, the next time we go to the same town, I'll be going for an appointment to talk to the social security people about when I can retire.

We've got a few spring flowers out. But most importantly, our first almond tree has just started to blossom. The smiles went to inspect. They also did a good job while they were at it of shooing off the flock of birds that were eating the buds that are still closed.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

When I got up I noticed the red light of doom was glowing on the router! No Internet! 🥴There had been planned updates on the system last night but they were supposedly between 2am and 6am. I went to make coffee and was deciding what to do....ring/email the company with mobile data? Unplug the modem and see if it would reset? Give it another hour? When I'd made my coffee amazingly the red light of doom had disappeared and all was working.😀

The one app I still have to put on the new phone is the one that controls my wi-fi network. I must admit that I've been putting it off as I'm scared of upsetting something. I never change anything on it, but just use it occasionally to check the speed, or monitor what is connected.

It's grey and wet yet again here today but we did actually get a couple of hours of watery sunshine yesterday afternoon.

Hopefully I'm going to become a great aunt again this week.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright just now, but still very cold. Have a good day.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Another bright and sunny morning but with a very cold breeze.
          I am out today meeting my sister for lunch.
          She flew over for the rugby yesterday but will be going home on Tuesday.
          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, it’s a beautiful sunny day so far, long may it continue!
            Nicos, if we are babysitting and want to know how something works
            in our daughter’s home she always tells us that our almost 3 year old granddaughter will show us…and she always does! They are like little sponges!
            Hope you all have a lovely day! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, nice and bright, but cold, was out loading more branches on to my barrier, but will need to be careful as fingers go quite numb without realising it and that was with gloves on, stopped to make lunch and decided on porridge which I am now letting digest before going back out to, if the foliage is dry enough raking off the flower bed and shred with the lawnmower. I see that you are adding apps to your phone gf, those are things I try to avoid adding to phone or computer, I just don't know enough about them, nor cookies which I always reject, some day I might find out what they are, but for now there are more important things to do, like watching the grass grow etc. Right for heading outside again, have a good day and smile
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Ooh you sound like me with your hands Rary, my toes too.
                Mum bought me a pair of thermal gardening gloves she had seen, they have really made a difference. Felt a bit bulky at first but I've not had cold sore fingers. Just need to sort the toes now with different socks.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
                  Grey start again although sun is due. We didn't get much sun yesterday so the camping chair remained in the shed. Maybe today?
                  Kettle has boiled. Pancakes anyone?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all. Pancakes for breakfast, CG? Delicious and decadent. I'll take one if that's OK.

Yesterday was a day of many interruptions. Fighter planes circling in the area around our valley. I find them terrifying (the idea of what they do) but also fascinating as devices, plus the amazing skills of the pilots. Anyway, I'd just decided I'd not bother going out again when I heard one coming really loud. Went outside expecting to see it overhead, but instead it flew up the middle of our valley, right past me. Presumably the pilot was practising low flying as it was only just at the height of the trees at the top of the valley side, so probably his lowest feasible altitude. He wasn't going that fast. Not surprising though, as even the slightest wobble would have been disastrous. One thing that struck me was how small the plane was. I'd always assumed they were huge, but no. One of the dogs came out with me and we both did double takes, looking at each other. She stayed out on duty so she could chase it off in case it came back again.

Right, that was yesterday's excitement. Wonder what will happen today. Better be a lot of work is what.

Happy pancake day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Happy pancake day. I do remember once attempting to make and toss pancakes in a cast iron Le Creuset frying pan.....I nearly broke my wrist!

I've had a productive morning so far. I've emailed the solicitors to sort something out. When I checked my emails there was one from my internet provider. I'd emailed them about how to sort out the app on my new phone and they wanted to know if I had been successful. I decided that I really ought to do it and then reply. How could I have dreaded something that turned out to be so easy and took about 2 minutes from start to finish and the only imput required from me was my email address and a 6 digit code they then sent me?

I think a grory hop is on the cards for today. I'll see if my brother in law wants to come too.

No sun here today but also no rain....yet. Everything really needs to dry out.

Comment

• Good morning g all,
                        A bit on the dull side but we have no rain so that's good.

Snoop, that was an interesting sight yesterday.
                        As you say, goodness knows what today will bring.

C gardener, Yes to a pancake as its shrove Tuesday, thank you,

Well done on sorting out your phone GF.

Must do a grory shop this morning and drop into the library to renew some books.

Have a good day alll,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Looking like rain here. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well Flo, looks like its here for the day, so no gardening here.
                            I could do with a pancake CG we've been out all morning till now and forgot its pancake day. We don't get Fighter planes around here Snoop but we do get hot air balloons and hang gliders it must be good thermals here.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

The early drizzle has finally stopped but it's still dull and grey. I must get some compost soon to pot on the dahlia seedlings I started last week. I'm not sure where they will be eventually planted, but the nice thing about seedlings is that unlike full grown tubers, they are easy to slot in a space that contains bulbs and other perennials, then they can make their own way amongst them all.

I've decided I'm not doing pancakes this year, the expectation outweighs the reality, and I prefer to make American pancakes, but we had those last week.

My brother has been advised to give up caffeine, and as he adores coffee cake, I've been looking at decaf brands. All the instant types (which I usually use for cakes and icing) are chemically decaffeinated, but there's a brand of ground coffee that is done by the Swiss water method, so I shall get some and see if I can make a strong enough brew to use in cakes and icing.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• I've just been searching the ingredients of marshmallows! We have four Asian children next door and I was going to give them some of the Rocky Road (I often give them stuff I've baked), but I know Muslims can't eat pork gelatine. I'm not sure how devout they are.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X