This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    I've just been searching the ingredients of marshmallows! We have four Asian children next door and I was going to give them some of the Rocky Road (I often give them stuff I've baked), but I know Muslims can't eat pork gelatine. I'm not sure how devout they are.
    Flo, you might be able to get bovine gelatine. Either that or vegetarian marshmallows. I've never made marshmallows - not that keen on the texture, to be honest - but you could have a look here for vegetarian ones: https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes...-marshmallows/

Comment

• Too late Snoop - this batch definitely has marshmallows made with gelatine, but thanks for looking.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• mothhawk I haven't had caffeine as such for 6years after being ill. Even de-caf has some caffeine though. I too love coffee cake but I do use some coffee in my cakes but with professional use coffee essence(bit stronger flavour). By the time it's through a full cake it would be a small amt of caffeine.
        Northern England.

Comment

• I've found in most supermarkets, the little marshmallows found usually in the baking ingredients section are made with pork gelatine, but the regular sized ones are made with beef gelatine. I avoid anything with beef gelatine (except, it grieves me to say, a supplement that I take for my eyes which comes in a gelatine capsule).
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
            mothhawk I haven't had caffeine as such for 6years after being ill. Even de-caf has some caffeine though. I too love coffee cake but I do use some coffee in my cakes but with professional use coffee essence(bit stronger flavour). By the time it's through a full cake it would be a small amt of caffeine.
            The Swiss water method leaves only 0.1% caffeine in the beans, low enough to be negligible.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sounds good I've never heard of it. Look forward to the cake verdict
              Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Just been making a curry for this evening and generally doing domestic chores to help out.
                Rehung the new lounge curtains here too. Not perfect but at least they are hanging better.
                The rest of the family are planting out things we bought at the garden centre yesterday….and I wanted to mention that Debbie’s were selling loose potatoes - fill a small bag for £2.99.
                I know that peeps only want a handful sometimes so thought I’d mention that.
                We also drove over to Gretna Green yesterday…never been there before and it was packed with Japanese tourists taking photos of absolutely everything Including doors, grass verges, selfies…. Not much to see in reality but least I’ve seen the village, and our granddaughter got to play in their little play area.

Pancakes?…we had them for breakfast too. Yummy yum!

Enjoy your day peeps - anyone doing anything for Valentines Day tomorrow?…we’re heading off in the camper and stopping part way to our next destination in Yorkshire.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm not far from gretna Nicos
                  Is that Dobbies? For potatoes. OH has no interest in gardening but has asked if I'm doing potatoes, which I wasn't. But

Valentines. Yes I'm at the dentist
                  Last edited by Containergardener; 13-02-2024, 04:07 PM.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Valentines day Nicod, Yes, we will have a champagne breakfast and strawberries and cream for afters.
                    To celebrate the day we got engaged,,,,,63 years ago. 🍾🍾

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh how lovely for the Brambles.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Both of you enjoy your special breakfast Bramble xx
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, had to take granddaughters car to the garage this morning as one of her tyres had a puncture, the garage is only about three hundred yards from my house,but I think I had it as an insurance, just incase the tyre couldn't get blown up after sitting overnight, I would then have to take the wheel off to take it over, she also had a hospital appointment, which if her car wasn't ready I would have to take for it, fortunately as I had the car over for the back of eight the car was sorted by the time her mother was dropping her off at my house, so lucky me I got taking OH shopping​​​​​​, we also called in to see our friend before heading home where I got out to the garden and it was actually quite a pleasant day, I have now planted blackcurrant, rhubarb, raspberry and bramble in the small plot I have in the field, so slowly increasing the fruit co​​​​​​unt. Nicos just to let you know it will be another four weeks before I head for the Lake District, just a reminder, incase you forgot to leave me a drink, and Snoop I meant to ask did you move to Spain just after you retired or did you wait a bit before moving😏annoys the evening folks and be good, if you an
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                            Happy engagement anniversary to the brambles.

We have damp drizzle and heavy rain forecast today. Dentist later so that's the excitement of my day.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Early morning rain here then dry till the evening.
                              Good luck at the dentist CG not much planned here probably a Grory hop this afternoon but we'll see.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here but a bit warmer. Off to market this morning with my eldest GG. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X