This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woop-woop, it's the sound of da police

I'll be snooping about, Nicos will be nicking you and Bren will be potting you in clink. (Sorry Bren, it was the best I could come up with.)

Nice idea about the dog baskets, though, Rary.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

It's very warm outdoors so I shall go and plant out some dahlias I've grown from seed later. I've put the tomato plants outside to have a taste of fresh air so I mustn't forget to bring them in again this evening.

I found a tin of apricots at the back of the cupboard, use by June 2022.Evidently I'm not as keen on tinned apricots as I once thought! So I chopped them up, added some lemon juice and sugar, and turned them into a jar of jam. I do like apricot jam in a Victoria sponge, but I never buy it as I have lots of other home made jams made with wild gathered or home grown fruit.

My mum should have had her vitB jab yesterday, but after I had dashed out to the pharmacy the day before to get the dose in readiness, the nurse phoned to say it was postponed till Saturday as they had a lot of staff shortages. The pharmacy also has a backlog, claiming staff shortages as the reason. I don't know if there is a virulent illness going round, or if they are all taking holidays at the same time, or what. As the pharmacy is in the same building as the surgery perhaps they've all got something catching.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening

I didn’t make it to the library or charity shop today so that will be tomorrow instead.
        MH our local pharmacy also had a backlog and a long queue. Never seen it so busy but there wasn’t any complaints everyone just chatted while we waited which I thought was good.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
          I think the dispensary has closed in our gp, i remember a while ago my brother had a couple of calls or message, even one off Dr saying about getting his prescription there to save jobs.
          He gets his from the supermarket like me which he passes going to and from work so is convenient. OH had to collect something from our dr and it was on he main street like a little kiosk.

Hope you get to you library and charity shop today Bren.

Weather is grim here again. I noticed on the national weather forecast that South was to get better weather
          I'm going shopping and collecting my prescription.
          Enjoy your nice weather if you have it. Not jealous at all
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Our daughter uses Tesco pharmacy I use the one next door to the doctors its handy they even have a connecting door. Charity shop and library today I've found some DVD's to take in as well.

I don't like to say CG but no rain here today, sunny intervals instead with a breeze.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm sorry to say it's bright here. And the wind has dropped too. According to the weather folk, we're into anticyclone weather for the next few days. It's being described as our first heatwave of the year. The word 'first' is a bit worrying.

Happy treasure hunting, Bren.

My new treasure, the new laptop, arrived yesterday. Opened the box, had a look and put it straight back in again. Could take me a while to get all the programs installed, so will leave that for next week. Perhaps a day when Mr Snoop is out and about and so won't have to listen to all the despairing sighs and curses.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we have sunshine for the next few days. Sorry! ( and UV of 6 so I best dig out my suncream before I turn red!)

Tis good news for preparing the patio - and a perfect opportunity to sand down the patio tables and oil them …all 4 of them!

Anyway, more swimming today although I’d much rather be gardening. I’ve committed myself to doing the recommended minimum 150 mins of exercise per week - and that’s on top of any gardening.If I start breaking that self imposed rule then historically I know I’ll just find more and more reasons to bow out of it.

I’m fancying Cuprinoling the large plastic pots I was given. It seems to last a couple of years max before it starts to flake off, but I like the look rather than bright orange. I think I’ve got three shades of green.

Rary - I like your idea of using dog beds. Wish I’d thought about them when planning a water feature for my patio. There must be loads of old ones heading for landfill. I’m just working out about fitting in a drainage tube for my ‘ dry pond’ feature.

Have a great day peeps…do you get much wool at the charity shops Bren? I had to ask last time I was over as they didn't seem to be on display in most of the charity shops I nipped into - along with a few hundred knitting needles!
                Last edited by Nicos; 12-04-2024, 08:30 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too, well, for now. I don't envy you the faff of changing Snoop. I've just negotiated a deal with my broadband supplier to avoid a change! Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                    Dull but dry so far.
                    Myself and hubby bought new laptops last year.
                    He set up his and it has driven him crazy ever since.
                    Watching what he went through I left mine in the box.
                    I am still using my old one, its still good, just short on space.

Our doctor mails our prescription in to the pharmacy and then we just go and collect it.
                    We dont have pharmacies in Tescos here in Ireland Bren.
                    Enjoy your trip to the charity shop, Inususlly get done books from mine.

Enjoy the fine weather Snoop.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Yesterday, the temperature reached a very pleasant 20°C. Today it's 17°C now but very cloudy and it feels as if rain may be imminent.

I did lots of jobs, and errands yesterday. We also called to see a friend we hadn't seen for a while which was nice. I also put our repeat prescriptions in at the doctors. Hopefully, if the system works, the small pharmacy, just down the road, will text me when they are ready to collect. I also put a prescription in for an in-law but they deliver his. They would deliver ours but I hate staying in for deliveries and Mr GF's could not be put through the letterbox.

Comment

• Good afternoon,dull but warm 13c just now and actually see some rain drops on the window, so might be in for a shower, son brought my car back this morning as I need to get out for some messages, he would have done the shopping for me, but when someone else is doing your shopping you always miss the "just thought we could try this" things, so thought I would try going for the messages myself, but mistake, got everything I wanted plus , but also feel washed out, I feel as if I could crawl back into bed, which I would do it OH would come and comfort me, you know sooth my fevered brow etc.etc. little chance of that happening, so I might just go out to the greenhouse instead, no it's raining now, doing the shopping this morning I did get some corn plants which I intend using along with Jerusalem artichokes for growing beans up, I do have some pumpkin plants growing in the greenhouse, I intend growing those along with some courgettes as weed supressers, don't know if it will work, but will never know if I don't try need to go and inspect the inside of the eyelids, I really do feel shattered, have a good day and pass on the smiles
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

One of our charity shops sells wool I think it’s gifted from a shop it’s mostly cottons I’ve bought 3 with flecks, 2 cream then lastly a single brown ball all earmarked for projects.
                          Spent some time potting on seedlings in the GH, more or less up to date with them.

Comment

• Ooh what you making Bren?
                            Shopping done, bramble I got some ginger
                            Weather is making me very weary , desperate for some sunshine.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• CG I’m crocheting a couple pairs of fingerless gloves, a water bottle holder and a hat, none of them large projects just things that will come in handy.

Comment

• Morning
                                We have fog and a heavy dose of grey, this afternoon we have rain coming with its friend windy
                                Someone has my sunshine I think. Keeping it captive.

May go in the greenhouse and sow seeds.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X