This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Got up yesterday and the forecast was for yet another anticyclone (warm, bright weather), checked the forecast again before going to bed as it was chucking it down, rain due to end in the early hours of the morning. Got up this morning and lo, it's still raining. No sign of it stopping either. Perfect rain, good and hard but not torrential, so all getting soaked up. Very pleased about that, but in theory friends are coming to visit for the weekend and the dirt tracks will be awash with mud and puddles.

Looking forward to the weekend but plenty to get through before then. So better shake a leg. Good luck with your hearing aids, @rary.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• I think yesterday's warmth has made our local magpies think that Spring is around the corner. There seems to be at least three nest inspections going on this morning high in the leafless trees. I don't know if it's the same bird inspecting them all or different birds. Usually the next sign of Spring is the male pigeons chasing the females around.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here but warmer again. Your hair looks nice Bren Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• greenishfing oh that reminds me. We drove past a field lat weekending, now I'm used to seeing one or two maybe three magpies but about 15 all hopping around on the grass. Never seen that many before.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
            greenishfing oh that reminds me. We drove past a field lat weekending, now I'm used to seeing one or two maybe three magpies but about 15 all hopping around on the grass. Never seen that many before.
            A Mischief, a Murder, how do you view them CG? Despite their reputation, I quite like them!

Comment

• Good afternoon all,
              Its dry and mild here but a little bit short on the su shine.
              When I opened the curtains this morning there was a squirrel on the window ledge looking in at me,
              I have to be careful with opening g the window in case he gets in.

We were out this morning and I ended up buying two more jigsaws,

Bren, your hair looks really nice,

Snoop, hope you have a lively weekend with your house guests.

Out to get a walk in before it gets to9 dull.
              Have a good afternoon all,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bramble doesn't it make a difference to how you feel once your hair been cut.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well a completely different bday from the one mentioned earlier, had to go up to my daughter's house to wait in for her boiler repair man to come and hopefully get her boiler running again, he final arrived just before one o'clock, fortunately SiL arrived shortly after so I headed back home where I washed down the dining room table, I use the table when working with the computer and between tea being spilt and my hands always resting on it the colour has come out the wood in places so headed to b&q for some wood stain, which was a waste of time nothing there, tried two other shops without success so back home where I have applied four or five washes of coffee not a complete success but has definitely stained the wood a bit, now waiting on the table to dry then I will polish it if it doesn't finish well I might strip the table back and repolish it, and with all that daughter's boiler is still not repaired so will have all her family down for showers over the weekend and depending on what they are doing it could be two showers a day, I now need to go back out to move a sofa bed from daughter's to sons, I think I will go and look for a job, that way I might get some time to myself still it would be a lot worse if we weren't speaking to one another, right of tolock the doors and put the lights out 😁. Enjoy your evening and keep smiling
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Bramble doesn't it make a difference to how you feel once your hair been cut.
                    Bren, without a doubt...Such a lift. I felt like a different person. 😃

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• greenishfing I don't think about them really . See them alot in hedgerows. I tend to say the rhyme seeing one or two.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
                        Thinking about birds I'm waiting for the call of curlews and lapwings here. Love their sounds.

Another grey start but at least it's dry. Looks like a lot of wet coming though.

I will get the kettle on again. Crumpets?
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Not had crumpets for ages CG, this morning I've had roasted tomatoes from the freezer on sourdough toast.

Update on the robins they're still building the nest at this rate its going to be huge

A fine day here then heavy rain from mid afternoon.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, dull and damp, though mild with a temperature of 7c , I'm not sure what I will get up to today if it stays dry I might get some carrots down on the back plot and start sowing more seeds, this year I'm for trying some helichrysum, the flower or as some of you older folk might know it as the straw flower, (I'm sure that's the name my mother said they were called in the old days) anyway them plus some cauliflower and cabbage,well that's what I might do if I can slip out the back door without being caught, no that should be "asked to do some tidying up" I don't think OH has realised I leave things lying about to help keep her mobile, it gives her bending and stretching exercises along with walking with additional weight, which I am sure is good for the heart, though she I think she needs to practice some breathing exercises as well, as some times I can see her getting quite red, I usually slip out the door then, that way she can can sit and relax and not feel she has to keep moving just because I am there, I would bet that a lot if wives don't realise how thoughtful us husbands are😇 right need to move shoukd have done it earlier as i have now been caught into helping OH change the bed. Enjoy your day
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Showery here. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning alo and its lashing rain here,
                                By the look of the forecast I think the rain is going to be around for the next few hours,
                                It will be domestics on the cards until the rain clears up.

Rary, you are such a hard worker, I sometimes wonder where you get your energy from

We have lots of magpies in the grounds behind our house.
                                We also have the Brent geese and wood pigeons.

Have a good day, and for those who have a dry one, enjoy the outdoors,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X