This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning
    The sun is trying to get out though more rain due later, ohhhh come on, enough now.
    Tired today, I knew the week would catch up but I need to get organised. I don't have my grow beds even made yet. Weather been against or I'm not here. Been dealing with mum stuff too and stress and work.
    Someone get me organised.

I will put the kettle on and ponder the day.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

A frosty start here, it does make the GH looks pretty and sparkly Store bought Fruit loaf for breakfast this morning.

CG its just been to wet and soggy to do much in the garden I've cutdown my autumn raspberries but that's about it. There's plenty of time.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Grey and chill but no wind, rain nor frost here. Just very dull.
        The fire stayed in overnight so the house was pleasantly warmish when we woke up.

I was so excited about the patio yesterday that I actually forgot to call in and buy my Charlotte seed potatoes.
        No rush, but it’s a nice responsibility checking them several times a day over the next few weeks isn’t it!?

As Bren says CG…plenty of time

Hibou update…blinking heck…she’s stopped limping and is charging around like a teenager. I’m guessing the anti inflammatory injection was a steroid! Tis awful seeing your pet in pain ​​​​​​ so glad we didn’t wait until Monday.

We’re having porridge and pears this morning - plenty spare….do help yourselves.

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you do or don’t get up to!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

At 6am there was a heavy frost here and the world was white. Although it is only 1°C now the sun is out and the frost is slowly disappearing. I turned the central heating up at 6am so it is wonderfully warm in here.

It appears Mr GF is having a lie in this morning. We were chatting at 6am but then both went back to sleep.

Either today or tomorrow I'll be taking my nieces birthday present to my sister's as she will see her on her birthday.

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty with dazzling sunshine here! Hoping to get something done in the garden today. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
              A sunny dry morning and its 5 degs.
              It's of errands to take care of this morning,
              Hopefully tine to garden this afternoon.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well the walk this morning was a cold damp sleety one. By the end it was a sunny spring day.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

Woke up to thick fog and frost, but by 8am the sun had risen and burned off all the fog, though the frost stayed a couple of hours longer in shaded spots. The crocus on the front grass are dazzling pretty, after looking very limp and unhappy in the fog. The washing machine has earned its keep this morning, and the house is vaccuumed, so I'm feeling righteous, and deserving of making some biscuits for afternoon tea! (Dusting can wait for another day )

CG, have you thought of using anti-slip decking oil on your slippery deck?

https://osmouk.com/downloads/anti-sl...nformation.pdf
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• When I went out earlier the sun was shining brightly and it looked as if Spring was around the corner. Unfortunately normality has now returned, cold and grey☹️.

This morning I went a couple of junctions down the M1 to the area where I lived for the first 18 years of my life, a coal mining area. Every time I go there yet more estates of houses seem to have been built. Areas where we, as children, ran wild have now disappeared under asphalt and bricks. I find it depressing and also feel privileged that I was brought up in an era when we had so much freedom. I gave my nieces birthday present to my sister who will be visiting her later today. My sister is happy she doesn't have to keep it safe for long as she says that she can kill any plant. ... I think she should try dandelions!

Comment

• Afternoon

A lovely sunny but cold day especially in the shade, my GH temp reached 29c that was with the louvre and door open.
                      No gardening but I did get the laundry dry and catch up on domestics.
                      It’s good to hear Habou is bouncing back.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-02-2024, 03:43 PM.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it's a nice day here today, I went up to the local builders merchants and ordered some sheathing and timber, I intend covering my garage roof, its corrugated asbestos and it leaks like a sieve, and as it is asbestos it's £4,000 to remove and re-roof, £200 to cover, so you can no doubt guess why I'm going to cover it I then washed the car OH has mentioned several times that it needed washed, so might have earned some brownies points after that I have been in the garden where I have prepared my onion bed and covered it with an enviromesh tunnel which hopefully will keep the frost off it and I will cover the soil with a black polythene sheet to heat the soil up a bit.
                        Some info for those who liked the word shoogly, it will be easier to understand the meaning if you have heard the expression, "your jacket is hanging on a shaky peg" here the saying is "your jaekit is hingin own a shoogly peg", I must admit I use the word quite regular if something is a bit shaky, it also brings to mind an old poacher that went about when I was young er😁 he had a bit of a limp and always wore a coat 2 or 3 sizes bigger than he needed but due to the fact he usually had his pockets full of rabbits, fish or possibly birds when he walked his extra large hips??? swayed from side to side so he got the name of Shoogly, he actually answered to that name as well, though the only time I called him that my mother rattled ma lug, "to you it's Mister, don't let me hear you doing that again, my mother was quite a stickler for children showing adults some respect
                        Right going out the back again as I have some logs to move and I want to get that done before it gets too cold,behave a good evening and keep smiling ​​​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Lovely reading there Rary!…thank you for sharing new vocabulary to some of us
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            It was a lovely sunny day and so I spent most of it in the garden.
                            After weeding I covered the soil with black polythene, hopefully it help warm it up.
                            Removed some withered leaves from my geraniums which I overwintered in the greenhouse.
                            They are looking really healthy and I didnt loose any,

Love hearing the different words and their meaning Rary.
                            My mother was also a stickler for manners and we would be told to address people as Mr or Mrs. How times have changed.

Anyway enough of all that, have a good evening all.

Nicos, glad to hear Habou is doing well.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                              Yesterday wasn't so sunny and was quite cool so I didn't get out gardening, only taking the washing in and out.
                              Today we have a better forecast so I hope to get outside, plan out where my beds will be, need to do some major pruning ( as in OH) and I would like to sow seeds.

Rary you could write a book I'm sure, I'd certainly read it

Have a nice day whatever you do.
                              Last edited by Containergardener; 25-02-2024, 07:25 AM.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Snow on the fells in the distance behind the house. I know because I saw it yesterday. For now I'm lazing in bed before getting up and starting the day. Dreadful behaviour. I'll end up with back ache if I loll about much longer.

In fact, on that note, I shall up and at the day without further delay.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X