Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rary , on Santa's nice list. Really. I was going to send him one of my special cards...... usually reserved for "certain" family members....with a good sense of humour. Click image for larger version  Name:	20231221_211543.jpg Views:	0 Size:	383.7 KB ID:	2572683
    Last edited by greenishfing; 21-12-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Rary , on Santa's nice list. Really. I was going to send him one of my special cards...... usually reserved for "certain" family members....with a good sense of humour. Click image for larger version Name:	20231221_211543.jpg Views:	0 Size:	383.7 KB ID:	2572683
      I think gf has made a mistake, yes I suppose I have a sense of humour, but I don't understand why I would be in trouble, I have been very good today😇, anything else belongs to yesterday, so doesn't count😋
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, and Happy Winter Solstice!

I've got the livestream from Stonehenge on to watch the sunrise there, but it's another hour to go yet.

Nothing planned for today except for the washing machine to earn its keep, and maybe make a carrot cake. Haven't made one of those all year, so it's about time for one.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, very dark here this morning, no idea what the weather’s doing as I’ve just tucked myself back into the duvet!!
          Have a great day folks x
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Its just getting light here Jay I've not been outside so not sure of the weather apart from is sounds very windy, so you best of under that duvet.

No real plans today apart from delivery a couple of prezzies at some point

enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Wet but not as windy as yesterday. Still very draughty though. Sausage rolls to make today. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. I was wide awake and wandering around in the early hours and so never heard a thing until the timer I'd set to tell me the bread was ready eventually broke into my dreams......it beeped for ten minutes until I awoke.

It's grey, miserable and windy here.... but at least we have electricity and I don't have to visit the surgery today 😊.

I do need to collect our prescriptions from the chemist and call at the little Sainsburys up the road to pick up something I ordered from Argos yesterday.

I've just had a text from one of my sisters to tell me to expect a parcel between 13.18 and 14.18 pm today. I'm guessing it's going to be a big bunch of M and S flowers.

I shall be going down the M1 delivering presents on Sunday morning.

Comment

• Morning all.

Blowing a gale here too. And very dull and cold. Very dark when the alarm went off this morning, so I had an extra 20 minutes lie-in. But good to think we're on the winning side already, days getting longer even if imperceptibly.

Work on the cards for today, plus make a mincemeat cake for Christmas day (M has asked for one). I want to make 1.5 times the recipe in a big ring mould and am not entirely sure how it will behave in the oven. If it's a success, I will bung it in the freezer and take it out to thaw on the day. If it's a failure, we can eat it and I can learn from the mistakes. Win-win either way.

Right, better get on with things.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    And a Happy Winter Solstice from me too MH !
                    Yippeeee….the days start to get longer

Drizzly and dull here with gusts of wind. OH was up early enough to see the sunrise…but it was cloudy so he didn’t wake me.
                    Did you get to see it MH - or was it cloudy there too?

Domestics today and a quick trip out to collect our prescriptions too gf. I’m hoping the little corner shop opposite the pharmacy has quail eggs. I’m guessing not though.

Lovely to see you Jay - enjoy snuggling your duvet. Beats snuggling the ‘old fashioned’ blankets!

I hope your ring cake works out well Snoop - I’ve only ever made a ring cake in my Omnia , so I’ve no idea about timing.
                    I guess they cook quicker than a solid cake? Great idea though…it’ll look like a wreath! Sprinkled with icing sugar with strategically placed holly maybe? Oooo….and a pile of mince pies or a pot of thick cream/ Greek yogurt for dunking in the middle?…oooh…my mind is working overtime building up the potential calories!

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,la little on the dull side but its beginning to brighten up.
                      Going for the Christmas grory hop this morning and hoping we can get it all in one trip.
                      Thrn calling to the flower shop to buy some containers of flowers to put on my parents and relatives graves.
                      Some cards to deliver in the afternoon and some domestics and that should fill my day.
                      Take care all and enjoy the day,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A mixed morning here.

The traffic is horrific here today. Before we went out earlier there was a knock at the door. A delivery man from our local chemist with Mr GF's prescription. They never deliver it. I've never asked them to. I told him this and said I'd still have to go and pick mine up. He advised me not to unless I really need it as the chemist's is really busy. I don't actually need mine until after New Year so that's off the list for today.

When I did go out I called at the mini Sainsbury's and picked up my Argos order. I then went to call at another local shop that had sent me an email with a couple of interesting looking offers. Having seen the car park I passed on that and headed to the garden centre to buy more bird food as I seem to be collecting more feathered friends every day.

The delivery from my sister, yes it is flowers from M &S, has just arrived so I will now use my worse than useless flower arranging skills.🙄
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 22-12-2023, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon

The rain stopped briefly so I’ve been in the garden doing a few bits, and collected herbs for this evening meal. One of my compost bins had been on a tour What took most time was unraveling a bamboo wind chime.

enjoy your afternoon.
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 22-12-2023, 02:35 PM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We also had a knock on the door from a delivery driver. Not expecting anything….but he was lost. Utterly lost.
                            Asked where a particular shop was ( a pick up/drop off point for deliveries in our local village) He’d of had to drive through it to get to us.
                            At least he asked rather than returning it to the depot!

I was all excited for a minute thinking someone might have sent a surprise pressie

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a mixed day weather-wise today, strong winds, heavy rain and occasional dry periods of calm, we went out to a nursery for a holly wreath, where I also received a 1lt. pot with a cyclamen plant and 2 packs of out of date peas, plant and peas free of charge, so very pleased with that. Once back home I split some wood for the fire, before heading up to the town to collect my granddaughters car as it was in the garage for an MOT, some day she might put it in and collect it herself🙄, once home again as it was, still dry I prepared the fridge and freezer for collecting materials for composting, all power cables removed access and drain points sealed, hopefully I can start filling it tomorrow, I also lit the stove in the greenhouse and added a tin full of bones, which hopefully will be carbon by tomorrow, I am now going to make a shelf to sit over a radiator which hopefully will deflect the heat out a bit lower rather than heating the ceiling, if it works OH will be happy, and I will get more brownie points if it doesn't it will give me somewhere to sit some of my necessary junk, though definitely no brownie points​​​​​​, have a good evening and pass on some smiles goodnight
                              ​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening sll.
                                A busy day here but we got all on our list done.
                                We went to a few supermarkets as some of them didnt have what we were looking for.
                                Got to the cemeteries just as it was getting dark.
                                The traffic was really bad but at least the day was dry.
                                Have a good night sll.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...