This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    It's a lovely sunny morning here but just 5 degs today.

Gift wrapping today and I need to shorten a pair of pants I bought last week,
    All our decorations are up so theres not a lot to be done.
    Have a good day and stay warm,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• My youngest GG has asked me to make a Yule log for Christmas dinner dessert. I've never made one and it's scaring me! Ridiculous I know, but I've watched so many versions being made and read loads of recipes, but I'm still putting it off. Oh dear
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Gf…that Pussy cat made me giggle- thank you!

Flo…it’s all covered in masses of sticky cream…no one is really going to know what it looks like on the inside!.
        Traditionally, So long as it’s basically got one fold going on inside, you’ve cracked it Far easier than making a roulade which I’ve always find are more fragile.
        Doesn't even need to be the traditional chocolate either. There are so many to choose from over here. Even icecream ones.
        It’ll be far easier than you’re anticipating.
        I have used my bog standard Victoria sandwich mix in the past in a roasting tin ..thin layer…then roll whilst warm. (Warm Nutella is very forgiving for the inside ) You’ll be fine lass, and it will taste yummy knowing you

Just waiting for OH then we’re bringing back a trailer load of logs which have been drying at our woodyard up the road. That should see us sorted for the Xmas week.

I was watching the Iceland eruption earlier. Looks fantastic.The power of this planet is humbling. Just hoping it stays to the north
        of the village and the power plant.
        Enjoy your day peeps- see ya later!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          My youngest GG has asked me to make a Yule log for Christmas dinner dessert. I've never made one and it's scaring me! Ridiculous I know, but I've watched so many versions being made and read loads of recipes, but I'm still putting it off. Oh dear
          I'm sure it'll be good, but the great thing about a yule log is that that the rolled up sponge is all covered in the "buttercream" and all shortcomings are hidden. Sprigs of holly and robins can also camouflage any other imperfections.

Comment

• I knew I'd get some encouraging words, thank you

Comment

• So the mixing and the baking of it went well, but you know that joke about how do you make a Swiss roll? Shove him down the mountain? Well the recipe said to flip the roll over on to the sugared piece of parchment paper. I managed somehow to flip it on to the floor! I think I've rescued it, it's rolled and cooling, but don't tell anyone will you?

Comment

• Your secret is safe with us, I reckon.

Comment

So the mixing and the baking of it went well, but you know that joke about how do you make a Swiss roll? Shove him down the mountain? Well the recipe said to flip the roll over on to the sugared piece of parchment paper. I managed somehow to flip it on to the floor! I think I've rescued it, it's rolled and cooling, but don't tell anyone will you?
                  So it was you that was the topic of conversation in the Co que this morning
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Your secret is safe with us, I reckon.
                    Oh yes it is

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

So it was you that was the topic of conversation in the Co que this morning
                      Well if they're talking about me, at least they're leaving everyone else alone. I'm not so sure about the gossip I may have to face in the GR though

Comment

• These things happen Flo and we’ll never tell
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, been out shopping this morning, and really hope that we have everything we need as everywhere is getting very busy, missed yesterday as I first of all had to take daughter dog to the groomers🙄 a dug gone fur a haircut, whits the world comein tae😳 once the dog was back home I headed to my sons house and unfortunately hit a pothole then the kirb and finished up with a flat tyre so phoned a repair man to come and repair or replace as required, if I had removed the wheel and took to a local garage it wouldn't have been sorted till today which would have meant the car being left jacked up overnight hence contacting the man with the van, unfortunately it was a new tyre that was needed, once it was replaced and I got the bill I paid him then had to go home and go to bed, the shock of parting with all that money was too much £144.0 I still feel ill at the thought of it😒
                          Also today there's a couple of men in to fit some wall lining in the conservatory, as the OH wanted to do away with the roughcast finish that we had, and again this is costing a bit of money as well, I can see me being in bed over Christmas suffering from shock😲, need to go now and start preparing the tea as we have the boys to feed when they come home from school, enjoy you evening and keep the smiles going
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Well if they're talking about me, at least they're leaving everyone else alone. I'm not so sure about the gossip I may have to face in the GR though
                            Flo I won't say one word about it, definitely not just one word 😁

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Flo, the 10 second rule comes into play in a situation like that

All you lot talking about putting up the decorations finally motivated me to get the tree and decs out of the loft this morning. So the tree's up, but I only used one box of decorations, all colours, instead of sifting through four large duvet boxes for a colour theme. So lots that I usually put on are languishing in the loft, but though I say it myself, the tree looks OK

Rary, that happened to me once, the kerb was high and very square, and ripped a hole in the tyre wall. Fortunately back then in that car I had a spare tyre so could change it, today I'd have to call someone out to where I was, didn't get a spare with this car.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• All I can say is that if this ganache doesn't cover a multitude of sins, I'll be trying again tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X