• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Thanks Bren they tasted good too!

I didn’t try and do link sausages as I guessed I’d get in a tangle
    …fingers crossed you find the attachment soon
    Nicos all those I’ve found up to yet are for newer models, I have the mincer it’s just the nozzle I need. It looks a lot like a tap extender my Gran used to use.

Rary it’s good to hear positive comments about supermarkets.

edited to wave at Nicos.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-12-2023, 05:30 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tap extender?..yup ,it looks just like that - very slightly reducing through its length. - probably to accommodate wider casings?
      The nozzle we have is 20mm at its end.
      The label in this casing said it was for chipolatas sausages
      Last edited by Nicos; 16-12-2023, 08:25 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Where did you buy your casings, Nicos? It used to be possible to buy them from the butcher's here, but since she retired it's not been so easy to buy unusual things.

Comment

• Snoop - we bought them in a LeClerc hypermarket.
          I’m pretty sure our butcher sells them but haven’t asked.
          When we were in the uk I found several places where you could buy them online. No idea about over here though.

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos. I'll have a look about. I remember buying some amazing sausages in Greece with shredded orange peel and small pine kernels in. They were really good.

Comment

• Morning all.

Minus 4 ºC at the gate and a few degrees colder down in the fields, for sure. Absolutely fantastic frost. It'll finish off the leaves on the trees at long last. We've had a beautiful long autumn here. Soon be spring, mind. At the speed this year has flown by, it could just as easily be next week!

Mr Snoop has just lit the range. Had the fire going in the bedroom last night, much to Frankie's delight. Not that he's ever grateful.

Had an inspiring day out yesterday, meeting one of Mr Snoop's Facebook friends. Really nice day and learned a lot. Can't ask for more than that.

Got our Italian friend and M coming round for pizza for lunch. Will make the mincemeat cake so M can sample it, see if it will do as a stand-in for a Christmas cake for his family. It's obviously not a Christmas cake, but it'll taste quite Christmassy. Before that, got a bit of work and tidying to do if I can fit it all in.

Have a great day, everyone.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-12-2023, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Sunny, but very chilly. Chester goes home this afternoon, he's been very easy to care for! Have a lovely Sunday
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's 10°C and sunny here, but there's an icy breeze.

I'm pleased to say that I eventually made four Christmas puddings yesterday. One for us and three to give away. After much deliberation I grated the frozen butter in the food processor and saved my fingers. I'll need to make more bread tonight as quite a bit of yesterday's loaf was made into breadcrumbs and went into the puddings.

I may be disorganised and always doing jobs at the last minute but at least I do get there eventually. 😊 Nothing changes, I was always the girl sat doing her homework on the bus on the way to school.

I might make another fruit cake tonight and give half each to my brother-in-law and Mr GF's old friend who have both made a point of telling me that they've eaten their last lumps (¼ each) up. We've got plenty of our half left, but then we've had buns and other goodies too.

Comment

• Morning

Plenty of gusty wind here today little wind socks still holding on so hopefully I won't lose the laundry either.

Enjoy your lunch with friends Snoop we've got carrot cake for today its one of my favourites.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                      Ofc out to church shortly.
                      Grandson will be coming in for lunch,

Going out for dinner this evening with my daughter and her hubby
                      Have a lovely Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Heavy frost and sunshine again here too. Lovely!

Not got my head around today tbh. We had a very late night last night watching ‘stuff’ on the TV and munching chocolates in front of the woodfire.
                        Not a good day calorie wise!…well, we need to put in a bit of training to be ‘body ready’ for Xmas as Sarah Millican says

Yesterday I made the festive wreaths and gave one to our neighbours. She asked for one last year but I didn’t have enough bay branches to make it….so I didn’t cut it back as much this autumn.
                        It was lovely standing at the patio table in the sunshine!
                        Hibou is desperate to go out but there is hunting going on outside in the nearby woods…good job she demanded to go out at 6am for 10 minutes!

Enjoy your day peeps- a week today and it’s Boxing Day!…wow…time is flying isn’t it?
                        Last edited by Nicos; 17-12-2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Christmas is out of the loft! My son came this morning and felt fit enough, so I'll decorate it tomorrow and trim up the fireplace
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^^^ good to hear Flo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              ...Enjoy your day peeps- a week today and it’s Boxing Day!…wow…time is flying isn’t it?
                              Er....I think that will be Christmas Eve, Nicos.....
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• I'm really happy for you, Flo. I bet it's made your day.

I had to smile at Mr GF this morning. He has obviously been thinking of buying me some kitchen gadget for Christmas. He was muttering about a soup maker. Why on earth he would think I either want or need one is beyond me ...... and for Christmas . He really must be a slow learner. As I told him I have pans galore, including a pressure cooker, a stick blender, food processor and slow cooker. I have no need for anything else to make soup and no room. I already have an overflow kitchen equipment cupboard for rarely used items. I actually went in there and got the electric steamer out yesterday for the Christmas puddings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X