Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just popped in to send seasonal greetings to all, I have had a couple more stays in hospital, but on the mend apart from infections that hopefully anti biotics will sort. Last scan shows no sign of cancer so all is well. Sowed some mammoth onion seeds in cells and they are cooking in the propagator and are sprouting already, so gardening 2024 is under way.
    Take care all.

Comment

• Hey!!!! Burnie is in the building!
      Great to hear from you. Sounds like you’ve really been put through the wringer
      So pleased to hear the latest scan results. That must have been an utter relief xxx

Hope you have a calm Xmas and the antibiotics sort things out xx
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Brilliant news, Burnie! I hope you have a great Christmas and the antibiotics do their work.

Comment

• So good to see you back, burnie. Best wishes to you and your onions!

Comment

• All the best Burnie xx
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• What brilliant news Burnie, Happy Christmas to you and best wishes for good health going forward x
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good to see you on here Burnie.
                Glad to hear you're on the mend.
                Have a good Christmas and an even better new year.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tree is up and fireplace decorated, let the festivities commence

Comment

• So far the storms haven't done much damage to the garden, so it shouldn't be a huge job to get it all ship shape, all the beds are clear as I had a disaster with the roots and I didn't grow brassicas this past season, so just manure and/or compost to add and of we go again. Greenhouse is tucked up under piles of fleece, nothing growing in there apart from a few weeds. The pond is looking good too, never seen it so full, we have had some terrible flooding in the area, we are on top of a small hill, so fine, but Brechin was hit badly, there are still bridges over the South Esk river that are un useable at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Tree is up and fireplace decorated, let the festivities commence
                      We’ve decorated this afternoon as well, mantle piece, mirror, wall lights, strung up cards and hung stockings.

Comment

• All my decorations are done too! Wouldn’t mind finding a few more fircones. I know there are some in the barn…somewhere ..which I collected earlier on in the year
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Another chilly morning here. Cars covered in white, which won't please Mr Snoop as he's hoping to go into the village today. If he's sensible, he'll wait and let the sun do all the de-icing work for him. He's still tucked up in bed with a cup of tea, Frankie on the bed and the two dogs on the floor for company. Possibly the bag of smiles too for all I know. I don't think they'll be making an early start today as they came back very late and looking very jolly yesterday after doing the rounds of all your decorations.

Got a pizza to make for a gift this morning. Makes a change to buns. Hope it arrives reasonably warm and the topping doesn't all slide to one side when Mr Snoop drives up all the hills between us and the village. Anyway, so long as it's edible...

And then on with the work and the occasional visit to the Gardeners Rest for the rest of the day.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, another mild day here good for gardening and walking.

Hope your pizza arrives safely Snoop, I've only seen one slide to the side of the box and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Comment

• Good morning all.

When I opened the curtains this morning the local birds were waiting for their breakfast, glaring at me. I just glanced out.....not a bird in sight...and then I saw this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231219_091545.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	401.9 KB
ID:	2572522

One of the local moggies sitting in the bird table!

I'm going to do what I hope is the last grory hop before Christmas today. I'll probably take my brother-in-law too and run a few errands for him. He can't go out until workmen have finished in his bathroom though. He's having some grab rails fitted and a pull down shower seat this morning.

The care home visit yesterday was quite pleasant and although the staff there are really kind I'd hate to live there.

Time for another coffee....
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Good Morning All That Moggy is funny! Drizzly here. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X