This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help you with those bottles Rary, just not my taste
    Sun appeared here too but along with the wind.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Some gusty winds here today

Of to a local Spring fair at some point today for a look around, they usually have a good selection of cakes and crafts.

enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Started sunny but clouding over now. It is warmer though. Hope the Toddies are working rary. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Grey and very gusty here at the moment, although there’s a lot less power to the gusts.
          We’re forecast 21C this afternoon and a heavy Saharan sand deposits. I had thought about having a bbq because of the temperature but I think we’d get blown down the garden!

Sounds like a lovely day ahead Bren… * wonders what she’ll come home with

There a vide grenier locally tomorrow. It’s along the streets so it’s not a matter of mud skating in a field. Will deffo go for a browse if it doesn’t rain. Don’t really need anything but there’s always a potential for cheap left over wool and something clothes-wise or activities for our granddaughter. Oh - and plants - can’t forget those!

Enjoy your day peeps
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and a bit blowy here. Mr Snoop bought me a Lidl battery-powered fan for the summer yesterday. No need for it today.

Not much news on the southern front today. Mr Snoop is trying to persuade me to buy a new laptop. Would I like one? Yes. Do I need one? No and yes. No according to me (meaning I don't want to spend the money); yes according to Mr Snoop (meaning my current one has got quite noisy and the screen and body are parting company). Could I justify it? Yes. Will I end up buying one? Probably.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              A bright morning but very strong wind.
              No plans for the day so it will probably be a bit of everything.
              Enjoy the spring fair Bren, sounds lovely.
              Rary, hope your getting better.
              Nicos, visions of the bbq blowing down the garden..🤣
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

There's no sunshine but the thermometer outside is reading 20C and there's not much wind, certainly not the 40mph gusts predicted here. The washing is done and drying, so I'm having a cuppa before starting the bit of ironing I need to do.

Have a good day all.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon, again not feeling that grand feeling a bit sweaty and still coughing quite a bit, seems to be taking forever for this to clear up, however I keep reminding myself, it's not how often your coughin, but the coffin they carry you offin that you need to worry about😁 any way though nice and sunny just now it has been a blustery day though not not been outside, I keep thinking this is an ideal time to get some computer work done or some reading, but just can't be bothered, though I do need to make some preparation for the next garden club meeting, which will be the !wet in this session, so it's a plant exchange night but still need something as an infill, I have asked the members of they wished to call a halt to the meetings but everyone wants them to continue, which I am quite happy with as it means I am doing something right, so once I am feeling to it I will scour the internet for some ideas, as for now I am going to see if I can generate some interest in doing some reading, so I wish you all a pleasant evening and smile even if it's just to your self
                  ​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening sll.
                    A very blustery day but also bright sunshine and no rain.
                    I got lots of weeding done.
                    Sowed more seeds and set up my second propagator as I am late starting my seeds off

My plum trees (2) are full of blossom and my apple are just about to do the same.

We have planes flying over our house all day, flight path changed due to high winds.
                    Lots of flights cancelled and lots still going out.

Hope you all have a good evening,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• My plum and cherries are in almost in full blossom too bramble. The apples are thinking about it as are to the pears.
                      As I was weeding the driveway the blossom was falling and whirling around in the wind. Very pretty. I like to pick some for May Day but I can’t see this lot still being on the trees in four more weeks.

Rary, I’m glad your meetings are so popular - I’m sure you share your knowledge in a lighthearted and interesting way
                      Is irrigation/ watering, mulching and water saving methods a subject you’ve already covered?
                      Last edited by Nicos; 06-04-2024, 06:45 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening, it’s been a warm windy day here, no coats needed.
                        I didn’t get to the fair I got distracted with the garden, then had family over.
                        So it’s been an enjoyable day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Still very blustery and warm. I watched a heron earlier circling round the houses across the way, then it drifted down into one of the gardens. Someone must have a pond, probably with no fish or frogs now! I saw it early yesterday circling, but it didn't come down as there were a few dog walkers about. it is very brazen as the houses are new build and the gardens can't be more than 30 feet long.

Right, well, I need some tea to get me up and doing.
                          Happy Sunday all.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Another wet and gusty day here, poor little wind sock.

We're dog sitting just over night so will be of out on a walk soon, avoiding the fields that's been ploughed this week.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Comment

• Morning
                              it's just stopped raining but there is more due
                              Out today so won't matter other than the usual damp muddy dog walking, enjoy yours Bren.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Rained all night but sunny now and very windy. Have a lovely Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X