This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenin n’alln’all;D
    Rat update…one dead one to go ( we hope!)
    OH was placing it at the bottom of the field for the buzzards/ foxes etc ( it wasn’t poisoned) and rushed back saying there was an adder - or asp viper - ( didn’t hang around to confirm!) sunning itself on a nearby rock.
    We’re lucky in that we don’t have anything else that I'm aware of which is poisonous.

Rary, I love gladioli. I’m not very successful with them though. What colour did you go for?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Woke up, or rather, I got woken up (Frankie shoving a rodent of some variety in a trap around the floor) and couldn't get back to sleep. So thought I might as well get up. Very glad I did, as I've just heard the rain start. Proper rain! I shall make a coffee to celebrate. Mr Snoop thought I was mad, getting in firewood and covering up some piles outside. Very glad I did now.

Anyway, no hardship, getting up early. There's always work to be done. I'll just have an eyelid inspection later on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
        No rain here yet but it is due for most of the day. Such a shame as yesterday was marvellous.
        Need to decide on tea yet, we have some pork steaks.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

We have rain and its here for the day according to the Met office/BBC. Wish I could send some of it your way Snoop.

Good news on the rat problem Nicos not so good news spotting a snake though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sharing the rain with you Bren. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

Very wet here and forecast to carry on all day. Yesterday afternoon was lovely weather. Sunny and quite warm.

Now I've managed to prise Mr GF from our bed I need to strip it and then give the bedroom a good clean as my new mattress should be arriving this afternoon.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                well, we don’t have rain at the moment but the sun can’t decide whether it should peep out or stay hidden. The temperature difference is actually quite a difference!

Early night tonight then gf? Hopefully you’ll click with the new mattress straight away. I recall many years ago being told that it usually takes a while for your body to adapt to the different support

OH was saying that he feels our mattress isn’t as good as it used to be, but having slept on other beds recently , it’s actually been a joy to be back in our bed comfort wise! Looks like we’ll not be changing it soon then after all

Not sure what today will bring- I had planned on a grory hop but it’s not desperate

Enjoy your day whether you have rain or sun- it’s almost Easter and the next major landmark is the summer!

Comment

• Afternoon

We had a new bed last August I remembers it talking a couple of nights to get used to it being different.

My friends looking for a new mattress to replace their memory foam one, she say's it’s too warm. That wasn’t something I’d not known about luckily we wanted traditional springs.

Comment

• We had a memory foam mattress when they first became popular. I hated it and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Far too hot, even in Winter.....another modern fad??????

Comment

• The foam mattress I got for our camper has a top layer of foam impregnated with ‘cool gel beads’ Apparently your body heat isn’t reflected back to you. It was a fantastic discovery as camping in a metal box in a heatwave at night would have been unbearable .
                      You can buy thin toppers of it Bren. That might save your friend some money?

Comment

• Good evening, as it was heavy rain this morning we decided to head out to a GC basically to get our coffee allowance before the end of the month, while there I bought some penstemon plants as well as more gladioli bulbs, Nicos the varieties that I have are Gerona, red and white flower, Seashore, a purpley deep pink and yellow flower, CoteD'azur, a pale purple flower and Kio, a very pale green flower along with some red, yellow, deep purple and white flower bulbs, I have also ordered some phlox plants as well as Alstromeria as I am looking toward a more permanent flower display in the garden.
                        We tried three different mattresses before we got one suitable for us, but it turned out the problem wasn't due to the mattresses, OHs hip was giving problems, now replaced, though three of the kids were quite happy with things as they got a new mattress out of it, now off to finish off my program for next weeks garden club, have a pleasant evening and remember if out to pass on some smiles
                        L
                        Last edited by rary; 25-03-2024, 07:03 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

I think they tried a mattress topper Nicos, I think they’ve just had enough of memory foam mattresses.

A nice selection of flowers you’ve bought Rary.

Comment

• Just thinking the same about Rary’s flowers Bren.

Comment

• Morning
                              We got a memory mattress but its a cool one. We knew they could be hot from friends and no way would OH cope (I would)

Weather is nothing much really. Grey seems to be the only colour on the colour card these days.
                              Kettle is on if anyone needs a top up.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Its going to be fine/sunny until this evening then heavy rain, so my favourite sort of day..

Toasted fruit loaf for breakfast store bought but still tasty, plenty left to share.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X