This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

We've got the same weather as you Flo, but lot more rain forecast later too. I'm just starting a shopping list for when I go to Sainsbury's. This week when I went shopping I bought some paté; not something I normally buy. Having decided to have some on toast for supper last night I know why now. It was horrible, bland taste and vile texture. I looked at the ingredients list afterwards. So many additives. I've now decided that I'll buy some chicken livers when I visit Sainsbury's and make some for me and the freezer (Delia's recipe can always be relied on).

Wow I just thought I saw snowflakes, but it's blossom being blown off the trees.🙄

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Another blustery morning but the sky is blue and the sun is shining.
      Off to the church shortly.
      Some family members calling so I think it's going to be a rest day,
      We have a little bird box on our wall for the past few years and for the first time there are a finch family in it.
      Have a lovely Sunday all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        dry, sunny and windy here.
        Just about to head off to the vide grenier. Wish me luck!

Enjoy your day peeps
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

A bit late to be wishing you happy treasure hunting, Nicos, but hope you had a good time.

Weather cloudy. Lots of orange dust from North Africa in the air too. Making me wheeze a bit, so I'm quite glad to stay indoors today. The people down south are really struggling.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Thanks!…I’m back.
            We didn’t have as much dust as I was expecting. However I woke up with itchy eyes and throat and OH suggested it was the first hayfever of the year. So I put it down to that. Could of course have been the fine dust.

Vide grenier wise I bought some big balls of crochet cotton - about 9” in diameter for 1.50€ each. So that’s me sorted for dishcloths for a few years!Probably industrial from the size of them. Also some fine antique lace . The stall holder asked if I’d be interesting in buying her great aunt’s nightie…from the late 1800s. “Not really, but what’s the price?” Oh…you can have it for a couple of €
            (They normally sell for at least30€.) Darn. Yup…you guessed daft I know. It’s such thick linen it could stand up on its own!

OH was chuffed as he found some old wooden cidre crates for his beer making .

There were loads of plants but the stalls couldn’t have been further from the parking. Nothing whet my appetite though.
            Total spending including buying a small tea light and an old colander I’ll turn into a garden decoration was 17€. It feels good to be recycling/ reusing. Had a nice long walk so I won’t be needing to go for a cycle ride later.
            I’ve come back starving though…the whole area wafted with bbq sausages and chips. Fortunately the queues were so long that I lost my impulse to buy one. Phew!

Comment

• Afternoon, windy but sunny and dry here too.
              Glad you enjoyed your treasure hunt Nicos!
              rary, I’ve had a really bad cough and cold for about two weeks now. OH now has it, it’s a nasty one. Hopefully can’t last too much longer.
              Lots of appointment mix ups here…I really don’t think the powers that be actually listen to you. Early start tomorrow to try and sort out.
              Enjoy the rest of your day folks and hope that Saharan dust clears up soon Snoop! x
              sigpic

Comment

• It’s funny though- having seen the price of the plants on the stalls, OH kept saying “we’ve got loads of those in the drive/paths- look at the cost!!! “ Yup - I know - that’s why I dig them out and transplant them
                Inthink he may be more selective with his weeding next time

Comment

• Afternoon

Us and the dog came back sludgy from the walk lots of standing water in the fields, no way to avoid it. We came through the door to the smell of slow cooker braising steak.

It sounds like you found some bargains today Nicos. Jacket potatoes with coleslaw is my first choice at fairs/carboots, they do smell good.

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-04-2024, 01:27 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night sll.
                    Sounds like all peeps had a good day. .
                    Weathereise we had a good daym just two showers.
                    Most of our dsy was spent with family visiting after not seeing us for the past five weeks.
                    Take care all and catch you soon tomorrow.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Jacket potato with just butter, salt and pepper for me. Or with a dollop of cottage cheese and pepper. Jacket potato with baked beans... definitely not my cup of tea.

The forecast when I went to bed very late was bright all day today, but it's really cloudy out there. The forecast has caught up with the clouds and they're now saying a wee bit of drizzle this afternoon. M has gone to Canada for the eclipse, hope he's got better visibility than here.

Mr Snoop is taking my venerable Vitara to the mechanic this afternoon for some advice. It needs some fancy welding done to pass the MOT... Not entirely sure where this kind of welding is done round here. Anyway, doubtless Mr Snoop will get it sorted somehow or other. After all, he succeeded in persuading me to buy the new laptop. There is a huge advantage to me though, which is that he'll get my hand-me-down and have to go and take it into another room where he's got a desk. So I won't have to listen to stand-up comedians, jazz guitarists and animals being cute while I'm trying to work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all
                        Grey here too and you guessed it, more rain in the forecast At least the wind has calmed for now.
                        Was due to work but delay with something so not bothering. I need to get planting out but that may not be today.
                        Ha sounds like my OH snoop.
                        Enjoy whatever you do today. Kettle has boiled and there are crumpets.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here from lunch time onwards, gardens soggy after all the rain so I'll be in the GH instead.

No chance of seeing the eclipse here either Snoop, looking at the news there's a 115mile strip from Mexico up to Canada that will be in darkness.

Off for a look around the vine.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here and rain forecast. Making pies today, but nothing else planned yet. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Semi dull here, so I’m planning on a bit of gardening after swimming.
                              Apart from that , not sure apart from that. Maybe a quick grory hop whilst I’m near the shops

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                We have the rain here although the breeze has gone.
                                Looking after my grandson this afternoon as both parents have previous appointments
                                Not a lot else to report do, have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X