Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all (afternoon here, anyway). What happened to the morning? I have no idea.

No snow here and none looks likely now. The rain forecast has dwindled too. Hope you guys all do OK in the weather. If you spot this, Nicos, hope your travels are going according to plan.

Plenty of work to keep me going again today, so better get on with it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• No snow here but a biting wind.

EDIT- it is now snowing
      Last edited by Containergardener; 08-02-2024, 11:47 AM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• We've got proper snow here now. Big fat flakes. Earlier it was quite sleet like.

Mothawk, I am even worse than you for "old tech". The old phone was over 5 years old. As for the battery......My handbag was weighed down by a heavy powerbank. I've ordered a case for the new phone which should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

• It's pathetic snow here

My phone is 5yr old. Dropped it twice face down, it has a crack in the screen but you can't see it when using it.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Hee, hee, hee, I am happy. I can now print from my new phone. I'm not sure what exactly I did right.

The snow is still falling here. There's only probably about 4cm though.

Comment

• We've been watching cars trying to get up our road - most are turning back. Even 4 x 4s haven't made it. Hope there's a quick thaw. I'm grateful we don't have to go out.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It’s stopped snowing here about 20 minutes ago, there’s a lot of hills around here so traffics been at a standstill. Luckily it’s turning to slush so hopefully it’ll be gone tomorrow.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's absolutely chucking it down with rain here now!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It never stopped raining here the whole day,
                    Not a lot achieved other than domestics .

My phone is seven years old and is perfect other than it needing charging so often.
                    GF, was there a facility to allow you transfer all your passwords over to your new phone?

Have a good evening all.
                    Snoop, if you read this I hope you're not snowed in.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      Good evening all.
                      It never stopped raining here the whole day,
                      Not a lot achieved other than domestics .

My phone is seven years old and is perfect other than it needing charging so often.
                      GF, was there a facility to allow you transfer all your passwords over to your new phone?

Have a good evening all.
                      Snoop, if you read this I hope you're not snowed in.
                      There is a "thing" that let's you transfer allsorts of things, but when I tried to use it it, it wouldn't play. This is one of the reasons I have been putting off getting a new phone. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I just knew it would be a nightmare.🤯😵‍💫🫣. Actually it was not as bad as I imagined. To be fair I do have an overactive imagination.

Comment

• Evenin. n’alln’all
                        Just a quick pop in to say hi.
                        Wr changed our plans because of the forecast snow and headed ooop norf first ahead of the snow.
                        7 hrs of driving,nanda we finally arrived. That was a really long day- leaving at 5am and arriving at gone 9 pm

Glad we bit the bullet as we’ve had snow this lunchtime. Not as bad as expected but it’s drifted up here in the hills near Penrith.
                        It’s lovely having granny hugs- we’ve been busy crafting today.

Keep warm and safe peeps!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening, I’ve had a lazy day reading, knitting, and crocheting. Also Done a fair bit of watching the snow but that’s about it.
                          Good news my lettuce seeds are germinating and I saved a small container Bay tree from getting swamped by the snow. It’s now safe in my GH the last one I left out over winter in the snow died.

Waves at Nicos and give your grandbaby a hug from me. xx
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-02-2024, 07:29 PM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, it has been cold and dull but dry here today, and after seeing the news I think very fortunate, glad to see you managed your journey safely Nicos,it was out to the coffee morning, then once back home i spent some time in the greenhouse, where i had the stove on, so it was nice and toasty, i was just mixing some compost geating ready for sowing and potting on, now going to watch grantchester so keep safe if you need to go out and keep warm
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hello everyone, just back from a week with family! Drove up from the Nottingham area today up the M1 then across the A66, snowed the whole way until just before Penrith…should have given you a wave on passing Nicos.
                              Started my new treatment last week but as this break was arranged before hand I was allowed to miss treatment this week and start next week again. All good so far!
                              Hope you are all well. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Good to hear you are having a lovely time Nicos.
                                Hope everyone's snow is disappearing as fast as it came (if you want it to that is).
                                Lovely you got your planned break first Jay and that all is going well.
                                What are you making Bren? I'm still on my granny squares.
                                Stove in the greenhouse Rary, very cosy indeed.

Very windy again here, also a very cold wind. Need to go for some food shopping today, how exciting.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X