Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that Burnie, I’ll give Haggis a try.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mr GF has gone off minced beef saying it's too tough but still loves haggis. We just buy the McSween ones.

Comment

• Thanks GF had a look and they sell McSween haggis at Tesco.

Comment

• Hi All,
          What does Haggis taste like if indeed it can be likened to anything please ?

Geoff.

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a wet day here today though not as bad as other places, light rain interspersed with some heavy showers, usual Thursday coffee morning at church, but just a short visit today as I was taking our granddaughter to hospital,she has a nerve passing through her wisdom tooth, I the tooth has been shortened then capped at least I think that's what has been done, will know better once reusable to speak clearly again, at present she is away to bed for a sleep, nd to be honest that is not a thing I would like.
            when I see folks like haggis, up here most butchers prepair their own haggis, but I would suggest you try Grants haggis f you can get a run of that I prefer that to McSweens but then everybodies taste is different , have a good evening nd those with bad weather keep safe
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              We just buy the McSween ones.
              That’s my go to brand of choice!
              Pepper, oaty, slightly sweet. Absolutely delish!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hi All,
                But what does this legendary dish taste like please ???????. Honestly I have never tatsted this before it's a genuine question....

Just remembered the Granddaughter had her first visit to the dentist all of her many teeth are fine including the dentist finger she bit.......

Geoff.
                Last edited by 1batfastard; 19-10-2023, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                  If you've eaten Faggots you've eaten the same ingredients as Haggis, except for the 'erbs and such like
                  Like herby, peppery faggots, 1batfastard. The good ones, anyway...

Comment

• Good night all.

Nicos, I have never seen haggis on sale in Dublin, but then again I wouldnt have been looking for it. I will check out and see what I can find.

Snoop, Just to let you know we were absolutely flooded with rain in Madrid today. Everything we were wearing was soaked through in minutes as we walked from the metro to the railway station which was all of five minutes.
                    The water was running down the streets and I immediately thought of you and hope you got your share as well.

Have a good night all. Its wet and windy here in Malaga but temps at 21 degs..

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• My daughter likes eating Haggis and like her Mum is notorious for not eating anything "dodgy", I am under threat of death or something worse if I tell her what Haggis is made of(funnily enough she is not buying my description of a three legged beastie with one leg shorter than the other two so they can run around on the mountain slopes without falling over)
                      As to taste, well you know how they say everything unusual usually tastes like chicken?.......................................................well Haggis tastes nothing like chicken....................................

Comment

• Haggis is delicious served with whisky and cream sauce. It’s usually spicy and oaty if that makes sense. My favourite is Simon Howie’s but I think you can only get that in Scotland. Another favourite of ours is beef olives, basically sausage meat wrapped in thin steak. Yummy!!
                        Glad to say flight was not bumpy at all and arrived 5 minutes early, which is a miracle!!
                        Hope you all had an enjoyable day. Catch you tomorrow. Night, night x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. I think the wind and rain woke me up a out half an hour ago. Even though I've only slept for 5 hours or so I feel wide awake.

We all got our covid boosters yesterday at a local chemist and they were very organised.

I've just been reading through the last few entries in here and guess what I've decided we're having tonight......... yes haggis. I've got a lonely one sitting in the 'fridge.

Having just looked at the weather forecast I'm glad that I'm not going far today.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad your flight was a good one, Jay. Maybe your plane was helped on its way by a tailwind. Or maybe the smiles were giving it a bit of a push too.

All good here. Rain in the evening and overnight. Not too hard though, so it has all soaked in. Slight possibility of drizzle today, but the sky is amazingly clear at the moment.

Plenty of work but will be making a mini grory shop in a nearby town with Mr Snoop at some point as well. Got a friend coming for lunch tomorrow, so better do some domestics as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Plenty more sploshy stuff overnight but it’s really calm outside now.
                              I was thinking of you Jay - by heck , you clearly missed what could have been a really turbulent flight!

Haggis?…oh, why didn’t we have this conversation before I went to the uk? Oh well….enjoy it for me too please gf
                              I used to oven bake mine but found it just as good cut like a jacket potato ( x cut) , a big blob of butter in the centre, then microwaved.( removing the metal clip first of course if there is one) Served with creamy mashed spuds…and apple sauce! Yum.

We had our Covid boosters yesterday too - so far I’m fine- a slight headache but I usually get that when I start dieting anyway. OH on the other hand has aching joints . I wonder how long that will last? Anyone else had the aches after this booster?

Our Chimney sweep was due this morning, but has postponed to the end of the day. I’m surprised he didn’t delay by more tbh…he
                              must have had some hairy moments with all the sudden gusts of wind and sudden downpours over the past couple of days. They have to get to the top of the chimney as well as access through the wood burner.

We bought a treadle feeder for the chooks whilst in the uk and so far none have got the hang of using it .We’re clearly going to need to find a way of teaching them. One seems brighter than the others so we’ll concentrate on teaching her.

Time for a bowl of porridge and stewed apples - anyone care to join me?
                              Last edited by Nicos; 20-10-2023, 07:51 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

GF the rain woke us up at just gone 3am went back to sleep after a couple of hours.

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                                As to taste, well you know how they say everything unusual usually tastes like chicken?.......................................................well Haggis tastes nothing like chicken....................................
                                I don't eat chicken Burnie so that sold me on Haggis, I'll have to buy one next time I'm near Tesco they sell both those recommended on here.

Nicos I felt horrid and aching after my first Covid jab but not after any of the others apart from arm ache for a couple of days.

no porridge today I've had toasted fruit loaf. yum

MrP's just taken our car for its MoT its not a nice day to be out and about.

Enjoy your day.
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-10-2023, 08:07 AM. Reason: Nicos sneaked in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X