Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincemeat, Nicos, don't forget the mincemeat!

Comment

• Morning its rather windy here today

All the best with your shopping trip Nicos I'd be tempted to split the shops between the you both just to get it over with faster. Snoop it sounds like your car's done well after all those years of driving on those roads.

A bit of shopping then my Covid jab later.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon all..... Where did the morning go?

Yesterday was miserable, wet and cold all day and today is cloudy and very windy but a bit warmer.

Yesterday was a boring day of mainly housework. Today is Mr GF's birthday and we were going to go out to a pub in the next village for a meal but his stomach is not on top form so we've delayed that until the beginning of next week as the only way you can get a meal there at the weekend is to book as it is very busy.

I've just done my good deed for the day. An old lady had left her little dog attached by it's lead to her mobility scooter while she went into the chemists. It managed to get away. Luckily I saw it make it's getaway and managed to get it back for her.

Comment

• Afternoon

Its still windy here but its a warm wind bit like opening a over door. very odd.

Sending birthday wishes to MrGF just wonder did he have cake ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Afternoon

Its still windy here but its a warm wind bit like opening a over door. very odd.

Sending birthday wishes to MrGF just wonder did he have cake ?
              He did not have cake today! He got boring, bland fish pie and a few strawberries and cream. He has sneaked a couple of buns though.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Apparently we’re off out for the day straight after breakfast. Not sure where though!….some sort of mystery tour …something about wood fired cooked fish and chips for lunch. That’ll be a first!
                Have a great weekend everyone - remember to get up to some mischief!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sounds like fun, Nicos. Have a great day.

11 ºC this morning and a bit hazy looking. Loads of dew everywhere. NIce and autumnal and not too cold.

Yesterday turned into a day with lots of interruptions. So I got very little done. The main achievement was Mr Snoop's in getting my car successfully through its MOT. So all good for another six months.

Got a lot to do today that I should have done yesterday. Gardening is off, unfortunately. Always tomorrow...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Congrats on your car Snoop - always a relief!…6 monthly MOTs?….wow. Every 2 years here. Not good in reality as it gives too long for things to go wrong and unnoticed.

Turns out it’s not wood fired fish n’chips, but coal fired ​​​​​​… somehow sounds less appealing doesn’t it?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Snoop Isn't it a relief when you get the pass, our MoT's are every year there has been talk about going over to 2 yearly not sure if that will come in.

We had take out fish and chips last night, lovely fat chips with crisp battered fish perfect. I've tried making my own battered fish but I can't get it right and those from the supermarket freezer are nothing like the real thing. I think it was GF who said she makes her own I know I was envious.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's dull and grey and the central heating has clicked on. The howling wind from yesterday has dropped though.

The breadmaker must be nearly finished as the aroma of fresh bread is driving me mad. It made me jump early this morning however. I awoke and went to the bathroom in the dark and suddenly heard four very loud clunks in the silence. It took me a couple of minutes of panic to realise that it was only the breadmaker, on the timer, dropping the yeast into the mix.

Nicos, I'm sure that your fish and chips will be wonderful. I hope that you got your shopping done. Be careful in any pound shops. They sell so many bits and bobs that you never knew you needed. When one of my stepdaughters comes over from Greece occasionally we suddenly get loads of parcels delivered here (things she's ordered on the internet).

Snoop, does the frequently of the MOT there depend on the age of your car? In an average six months our mileage would be negligible.

I was just reading what I wrote yesterday about the "old" lady on the mobility scooter. I've just realised she's probably about the same age as me.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very dull here. Sounds like a proper chippy Nicos! Have a good day
                          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 07-10-2023, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            Snoop, does the frequently of the MOT there depend on the age of your car? In an average six months our mileage would be negligible.
                            I've just confirmed with Mr Snoop: it's because it's classed as a mixed commercial use vehicle, which is common with a lot of 4x4 (essential in my case for the dirt tracks). When originally purchased. whoever bought it opted for this classification as it meant they paid less tax. But after the test-exempt period, these cars have to have six-monthly tests whatever their age. Mr Snoop's car, also a 4x4, is classed as an ordinary car, so his gets tested every year.

Coal and not charcoal, Nicos? Coal does sound a lot less appetising. I am intrigued, though.

Comment

• Good morning raining heavy here just now, started at 4 yesterday afternoon and I think it's been raining since, was busy yesterday getting a new toilet installed, and the usual, "won't belong" , now I think means 3 or 4 hours with further work for you to do once the floor is dry​​​​​. With the weather the way it is I can't even use the excuse, "I'm going out to the garden, won't be long" which means 3 or 4 hours, oh! I have just had a moan about that, please ignore the first paragraph ​​​​​​, need to go and prepare veg for some soup enjoy your day
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• The chip shops in my youth were coal fired and the fish and chips were fried in beef dripping Snoop. My maternal Grandma bought one when she came to Sheffield from Burnley in the 1920s. It was a 2 up 2 down, the front room converted to house the friers. My mum and her two sisters all worked in it before they married.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X