Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get any tidying up done, got a phone call from youngest grandson to let me know he would come down and do some painting for me if I wanted, Gran had been saying some fencing needed painted and that I didn't like painting, so I told him to come down, unfortunately he has never painted before, but as he wanted to do it I wouldn't stop him, we all have to learn and he actually finished doing a good job, though he wanted to try and cover brown paint with white in the one go, but now understands it can be done by applying coats, so the next dry day he is available he will be back down, so guess who hopefully wont be doing anymore painting
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright here this morning, but temperatures due to drop a few degrees, thank goodness. It was a bit hot this weekend for gardening and I got very little done. Anyway, hope to make some progress this week.

A decent day ahead. Bit of work, bit of domestics, bit of gardening. All very balanced, unusually for me. I'm a bit too all or nothing. You'd think at my age (not that advanced yet, mind, rary), I'd have got myself a bit better sorted. Anyway, the smiles were also looking very pleased when they set off, so watch out if there's a cake being made in your household today. They were going at such a determined pace they could easily spread a shower of flour everywhere before you know it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Another lovely sunny start to the day here- going to be 28C again
        More gardening hopefully and a visit to a friend in hospital later.
        Enjoy your day peeps - whatever those pesky smiles get up to
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its a fine start to the day here then rain from 5-ish, so not to bad.

Gardening today removing finished plants and sorting out the compost bins.

enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here at the moment but rain due. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It's raining, the fine stuff that wets you through. I haven't eaten since Saturday, got the gripes, not sure if it's a bug, or something's disagreed with me. My hip is also playing up, so a bit down in the dumps I need to be better by Wednesday as we're having Chester until Monday. My Son-in-Law is going abroad for a long weekend and my youngest GG can't get back from university to dog sit. She doesn't trust her sister who still lives at home, to look after him, so we're it! He's had his stitches out, I'm just hoping he doesn't do any rolling on his back while he's here. We've got Frank on Thursday as well, so that should be fun.
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 02-10-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Ouch Flo…not nice Hope it goes quickly. Have you got a hot water bottle to huggle?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon dull with occasional sunshine, did some work on my raised beds, I decided to strap the corners, i should have mixed some fine concrete to seal the joints with, but couldn't be bothered doing that, evedently once I reach the age that Snoop's at I should be able to get things organised, as for now, taking it easy as I will be going out later, so I think I will inspect the inside of the eye lids for a short time, enjoy your evening and behave yourselves
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Ouch Flo…not nice Hope it goes quickly. Have you got a hot water bottle to huggle?
                    Yes Nicos and it is working, just not fast enough and thank you

Comment

• Just popped in to say good evening.
                      We had a very pleasant flight and now sitting in the sun and its 27 degs

Sorry to hear you're out of sorts Flo, hope you're better soon.

Have a good night all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Flo it sounds like you’re having a bad time just now, hope you’re well enough to enjoy having the dogs around. Our borrowed dog went home yesterday afternoon.
                        Enjoy your break Bramble.

Comment

• Sorry to hear you're not well, Flo. Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news, but my mum has just come through a bout of Covid, main symptom a very badly upset stomach. According to her doctor, it's the typical symptom of the new variant in her area. On the positive side, she was extremely ill for four or five days, but she has got better. Whatever it is, fingers crossed you start to feel better soon.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yesterday got right out of hand for assorted reasons, none of them my doing. But that was yesterday and with any luck I'll get back on track today. Plus do some more weeding. I'm getting nowhere fast with that at the moment.

I've noticed a lot of our local plants and flowers seem to think it's spring. After the rains and the few cold days, a lot of the spring flowering plants are at it again. It's very nice to see, but not very timely.

Right, I got up early to get some work out of the way and have done nothing yet. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Not sure which weather site to go with the 3 I've checked all say something different anyway the laundry's out on the line. It looks like the courgettes have finished I can't see the stragglers doing much they can come out, then its just general weeding.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Pleased to say I'm feeling much better thank you interesting to hear about new Covid symptoms Snoop, hope she's fully recovered.
                                Raining here. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X