This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
    Last summer I made a lot of ice lollies using produce from the garden, Strawberry with slices of fruit in them were good, Black current from a coolie was really nice and surprisingly Stewed Gooseberry wasn't too bad either. I have an ice cream making machine, but haven't used it for a while, on a diet..................
    They sound delicious burnie, must see if I've got any moulds. I've not made lollies since the grandchildren were small!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We’ve had a wonderfully hot day but backed up with a strong breeze. Perfeck

Got loads done so feeling quite chuffed!
      Loads more to do but tomorrow is another day eh?

what has everyone been up to today?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Love your idea of lollies burnie - any recipes or ideas please?

Comment

• Thanks for all your advice re celery and celeriac peeps!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Where is everyone?…..are the garden centres giving away free plants or something?

We have a bright sunny start to the day. The rain forecast for the rest of the week seems to have changed to mostly cloud and sun with a bit of thunder, so that’s good as far as working in the garden goes! Still going to be pretty hot though.

I made inroads into the ironing yesterday - managing about 1/3 before I gave up It was actually cooler indoors , so I didn’t
            really mind. Whisky Galore! was great - thanks for that MH

​​​​​​​Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• Good morning, warm and sunny today, occasional thunderstorms happening all around but nothing here, so going out to water my plants, my water butts are about empty now so looking for some rain, now that's a statement I don't use very often, however the plants are now showing effects of the lack of water, I now will need to trial how to maintain moisture in the ground. However enjoy your day and smile 🙂🙂🙂
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Love your idea of lollies burnie - any recipes or ideas please?
                You can use any squash or even pressed fruit juice, just remember to make it on the stronger side as the flavour diminishes when you freeze stuff. Coffee flavoured ones are nice too and I bet some of the herbal teas would make a nice cooling lolly, but not tried those as I'm not a tea drinker.
                I tried putting flowers in them like borage, they looked nice but were not so tasty.

Comment

• Morning

Those ice lollies sound a good idea Burnie I remember making some years ago using Soda stream concentrate.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All
                    I've been engrossed in my book, it's the first one I've enjoyed for a while.
                    Hot again here too. It's lovely of course, but makes my feet swell! Sorry, TMI
                    Looking for washing - even Frank's toys are in there!
                    Have a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                      You can use any squash or even pressed fruit juice, just remember to make it on the stronger side as the flavour diminishes when you freeze stuff. Coffee flavoured ones are nice too and I bet some of the herbal teas would make a nice cooling lolly, but not tried those as I'm not a tea drinker.
                      I tried putting flowers in them like borage, they looked nice but were not so tasty.

Lovely - Thanks Burnie.
                      I’ve just been looking at stainless steel lollie pop holders on line…flippin heck they’re expensive!

Having said that, I did find this site about paletas….
                      look at the menu section…. *drools…..
                      https://www.paletasmorelia.com/palet...20even%20Oreos.

Comment

• Thinking of metal lollie holders reminded me of when we were children and we had an aluminium ice cube tray with a plastic section separating them. The frost used to stick to your fingers!

Comment

• I remember them Nicos, you often had to run the tray under the tap to get the cubes out

Comment

• Good morning.

It was too hot to sleep last night and I was too wound up as well. I had an appointment this morning with one of the nurses at the surgery and was dreading it. I came out nigh on dancing on air. I must try and get that nurse again. Also picked up a sample bottle for Mr GF and booked a covid jab while I was there. I am hiding in the shade at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Thinking of metal lollie holders reminded me of when we were children and we had an aluminium ice cube tray with a plastic section separating them. The frost used to stick to your fingers!
                              I remember as a kid licking one and got my tongue stuck like that bit in Dumb and Dumber, I had to get the mould and my tongue under the tap, must have been over 60 years ago, funny what you remember.

Comment

• ^^^^ nutter!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X