This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burnie View Post

I remember as a kid licking one and got my tongue stuck like that bit in Dumb and Dumber, I had to get the mould and my tongue under the tap, must have been over 60 years ago, funny what you remember.
    Awww you had a burnie Burnie
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^^
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Just popped in to see what everybody is up to.
        We are in Brittany and the weather is lovely.
        We are staying in a mobile home with all entertainment provided.
        Nothing garden related to report only to hope my plants will still be alive when I get home.
        Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy your holiday Bramble xx

Not much gardening going on for me either it’s too hot out there.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hot here too bramble - you are to the west of us.
            I adore the Breton coastline. Are you on the north or south coast? Both are stunning Enjoy your holiday x

Comment

• Good Morning All Quite humid here this morning. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

I did early morning watering next its the Grory hop then the days mine

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning .

Another sunny one after a sticky night. However, apart from being awake at around 4 am for an hour I've slept like a log. It was wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Hot here too bramble - you are to the west of us.
                    I adore the Breton coastline. Are you on the north or south coast? Both are stunning Enjoy your holiday x
                    Nicos, we are in Northern Brittany, just south St Malo.
                    Visited a beautiful walled town yesterday with a fantastic castle, Dinan .
                    So much to see and do.
                    Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another lovely sunny day here. Dinan is stunning bramble isn’t it? I love all the old buildings.

More domestics and some gardening for me today. The ironing pile is shrinking!

We”ve just had our annual servicing of the fire extinguishers - over 200€ What with having strangers in the house and the nearest fire station 25 mins away, we need to be able to tackle any fire event asap.
                      Our neighbours had a chimney fire a couple of years ago even though it was regularly swept. All very exciting as it flared up again about an hour after they thought they’d extinguished it! Pity we weren’t around at the time. Not much happens in rural areas so that
                      was the village gossip for months!

Right- tea break over -I had a very refreshing mix of Yorkshire tea and Earl Grey…lovely! More tea in the pot- enough to go around!

Enjoy your day peeps….keep cool!

Comment

• Morning all, wall to wall sunshine and 19 degrees, that'll do, rain forecast next week so hope to go out Salmon and Sea Trout fishing, if the rivers get a bit of a lift, drought quite bad round here.

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop went quick we used the self check out mostly because it was empty.

Hot here as well Burnie its to hot out even under the gazebo.

It’s pricy for you Nicos Like you say best to be prepared, 25 miles from the fire station is a long way.

enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Hot here too bramble - you are to the west of us.
                            Nicos, I was thinking about all the thousands of landmines that were laid in the second world war on the european beaches. I seem to have a vague memory of seeing signs with the obligatory skull and crossbones and barbed wire blocking off sand dunes near a beach somewhere in northern France in the 1970s. Has anybody else seen this or did I dream it?

Comment

• Gf…I’ve not seen any old signs in the Normandy landing museums I’ve visited. But it wouldn’t surprise me if a sea mine got washed up after a storm.
                              I seem to recall reading somewhere that there were about 4 million land mines on the beaches, but there were also an enormous amount of German sea mines which fishermen still dredge up to this day.
                              Maybe you saw a warning of a washed up one? 1970 was only 25 years after the war so the bomb disposal unit could have missed some on the beach? No idea really but there’s a chance of that.

Just spotted this dated 2011
                              https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...8691318015845/
                              Last edited by Nicos; 15-06-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Good evening another warm sunny day, but not much garden work done today as I stabbed myself this morning, I was out cutting back some lupins when my hand got pins and needles and I dropped my secateurs, as I didn't have any socks on when heading out to water the greenhouse I slipped my sandels on instead of my boots, I use lightweight boots in the garden, so with no protection the secateurs burst a blood vessel, got to the top step to the house and shouted for OH to bring a towel, and of course she can't move very well but had to come to see why I wanted a towel, when she saw the blood she moved faster than I have seen for some time, she supplied a towel then phoned a neabour who was going to go and get his car to take me down to the surgery but I told him to take mine instead, I didn't want his covered in blood, I switched the bath towel OH had brought for a couple of dish towels so that I cold get more pressure on the wound, fortunate it had just turned half eight so surgery was empty and the nurse saw my right away, we managed to get the bleeding stopped and she applied a dressing to the wound, she, also gave me a further dressing if I required it, I have been sitting with my foot up most of the day but at the moment my foot is what you would, goupin, Scots for extremely sore so lesson to wear proper shoes 2hen in the garden. Have pleasant evening and smile. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X